HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evander Kane

Old
07-17-2013, 03:50 AM
Elum

vCash: 583
Evander Kane

What would it take from the Sabres to get him?

Elum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:55 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elum View Post
A 21 year old star player with comparable production. You don't have one? You aren't getting Kane then.

PS: The Jets aren't trading Kane either BTW, FYI.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:23 AM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

vCash: 50
Quote:

Tyler Myers
Rasmus Ristolainen
Nikita Zadorov
Mikhail Grigorenko
1st round pick

So n other words, a huge overpayment.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:35 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1235
Quote:
IMO Sabres are better off just developing their own young players. You have a whack of shinny new prospects, it would probably cost you at least 3 of them. Jets are also a young building team we have no desire to trade a 21 year old proven 30 goal scorer on a long term contract for the older guys you want to ship out.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:21 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
Tyler Myers
Rasmus Ristolainen
Nikita Zadorov
Mikhail Grigorenko
1st round pick

So n other words, a huge overpayment.
I'd say 3 of the above.

I love the Ryan trade, not because of Ryan or either team, but because it provides a quick reference for Kane's baseline value. Look at the return Ryan got, then consider Kane is younger, plays a more complete game at a higher intensity and is signed longer. 3 top prospects/picks.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:47 AM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
I'd say 3 of the above.

I love the Ryan trade, not because of Ryan or either team, but because it provides a quick reference for Kane's baseline value. Look at the return Ryan got, then consider Kane is younger, plays a more complete game at a higher intensity and is signed longer. 3 top prospects/picks.
Definitely not a price Buffalo is going to be willing to pay. Fine by me, though. I believe in this team's ability to acquire top 5 talent on their own.

tsujimoto74 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:18 AM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

More than the Sabres would be willing to give up. Similar to trying to get someone like Duchene from Colorado. It wouldn't happen unless a team made it insane not to except the deal. Franchise players in their ealry 20's don't change hands lightly.

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:24 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

His value is sky high. He's a 21 year old two time 30 goal scorer who has never had any sort of talented linemates who can feed him the puck. There's nobody in the league younger than him that has scored more. On top of that he's in dynamite shape, brings it every single game, and played with a bum wrist and nerve damage in his leg towards the end of the season.

Yes it would take 3 of those to get the Jets interested, because we aren't interested at all in trading him. Rumors were that Ottawa was going after Kane hard before they snagged Ryan, so one can easily assume that Chevy wanted more than what Ryan returned.

allan5oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:34 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
His value is sky high. He's a 21 year old two time 30 goal scorer who has never had any sort of talented linemates who can feed him the puck. There's nobody in the league younger than him that has scored more. On top of that he's in dynamite shape, brings it every single game, and played with a bum wrist and nerve damage in his leg towards the end of the season.

Yes it would take 3 of those to get the Jets interested, because we aren't interested at all in trading him. Rumors were that Ottawa was going after Kane hard before they snagged Ryan, so one can easily assume that Chevy wanted more than what Ryan returned.
I have nothing against Kane, but he is not a two time 30 goal scorer.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Oates2Neely

As a Bruins fan I'm happy with the return Chiarelli got for Seguin. But I do wonder if a swap for Kane was at all discussed. What would that trade have looked like? Seguin in a Jets uniform? Scheifele plays center correct?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:48 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I have nothing against Kane, but he is not a two time 30 goal scorer.
Scored the equivalent of it this year.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:45 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Like I said, I like Kane as a player, but the equivalent of 30 goals is 30 goals. Prorated and on pace mean nothing to me.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:55 AM
stromboner

Canucks (like every team in the league) would love to have him, but it's very unlikely this guy gets traded. Here's two offers from Vancouver I could live with:

Kassian
Edler
1st

or

Burrows
Edler
2nd

Burrows it too old, Kassian isn't a good enough prospect, and Edler doesn't address your need for centerman. If Byfuglien is moved, Edler become more valuable, but that's the best we can do. Basically never going to happen unless Kane asks to be moved to Vancouver. If he just wanted to be closer to home, Edmonton could offer up a better package most likely.

stromboner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:13 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Scored the equivalent of it this year.
No he didn't.

17 * (82/48) = 29.04

He's a hell of a hockey player and I hope he stays a Jet for life, but facts are facts.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:15 AM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
No he didn't.

17 * (82/48) = 29.04

He's a hell of a hockey player and I hope he stays a Jet for life, but facts are facts.
ok so two time 29 goal scorer.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Like I said, I like Kane as a player, but the equivalent of 30 goals is 30 goals. Prorated and on pace mean nothing to me.
That's a hard as **** stance lol. You are correct though. But if you are to take that as we should not expect Evander to be a 30 goal scorer going forward...well then that's a different story. We do. If you don't, probably not much reason to want to trade for him then I suppose?

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:37 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I don't have much desire to trade for him because of how high his value is to the Jets. I would imagine it would require us to send back at least one of Josi/Klein/Jones + Wilson + a prospect or pick. That would be entirely too much for me.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:40 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
So every player had a crap season?

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
I don't have much desire to trade for him because of how high his value is to the Jets. I would imagine it would require us to send back at least one of Josi/Klein/Jones + Wilson + a prospect or pick. That would be entirely too much for me.
Him and Seth will have their chance to cross paths soon enough

Flair Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
So I guess for you MSL > Crosby since MSL has scored 60 more points than Crosby over the past 3 years?

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:09 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
So every player had a crap season?
He never said that. I actually agree with him. Partial seasons really can't be used as a good judgement to much can happen in the additions 34 games. On pace really doesn't mean much IMO.

I do think Kane has many more 30 goal seasons ahead of him.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:22 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilina View Post
So I guess for you MSL > Crosby since MSL has scored 60 more points than Crosby over the past 3 years?
Yes that is exactly what I said

1) I never even compared any players. I simply called out a misrepresentation of a player's production to this point in his career.

2) MSL played 108 more games than Crosby over that same time period, so even if your question were relevant to what I said it still wouldn't make any sense.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:26 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
He never said that. I actually agree with him. Partial seasons really can't be used as a good judgement to much can happen in the additions 34 games. On pace really doesn't mean much IMO.

I do think Kane has many more 30 goal seasons ahead of him.
A lot of folks seem to be completely ignoring where I say I like Kane, and want to take my criticism of what a poster said completely out of context or, worse still, putting words into my posts that weren't there at all.

I think Kane will be a perennial 30 goal scorer in this league, and if he is given some better line mates he will be even better. However, giving credit to players for things they have not accomplished seems to be a fad around here. "On pace for" or "would have scored if not for a shortened season" are merely speculative statements that assume X would have happened regardless, so it should be treated as though it did happen. Those types of comments completely remove all other possibilities (i.e. injury, declined production) in order to artificially inflate a player's value. Kane has massive value to Winnipeg. There is no need to inflate it even more.

For those of you who cannot accept that, sorry.

Old
07-17-2013, 12:39 PM
FormerRedwingFan
Sarcastic User Name

I think a deal structured similar to the Kessle to Toronto deal or to a lesser extent the Lindros deal, lot's of high value and or picks going to the Jets. If I were the Jets I would have no interest in doing some kind of 1-1. Kane is a very above average guy who has sky potetnial beyond what he has already done, no one would get within sniffing distance without greatly overpaying and then enduring years of Kessel trade like flack for what you gave up.

FormerRedwingFan is offline   Reply With Quote