HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2013, 01:18 AM
prairie hab

vCash: 500
Is Bernstein reliable? I mean, this gets tweeted around midnight.... like Dean Lombardi told him something along these lines??? Why eliminate a team's interest? You want to boost Clifford's price as much as you can.

Old
07-17-2013, 02:45 AM
ECWHSWI
bought a MB jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP 44s

League source tells TFP Kings Kyle Clifford will be shipped out of LA but Habs are NOT in mix in prospective deal "No chance to MTL"
Expand

what the **** bergevin?
please, tell us wich Habs player Lombardi is interested in

Old
07-17-2013, 05:18 AM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

vCash: 725
No chance to Mtl is impossible. Is there really a possiblity that the Kings have just NO interest for any of our players or even any of a package we can make? All of our players have Gomez value? Makes no sense. Even if our GM says it's that deal or nothing, things change. And you can counter-offer. And a "league source"??? What they hell do they know? A Kings source or Habs one...sure.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:26 AM
MasterDecoy
Lo Pan's lovechild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
No chance to Mtl is impossible. Is there really a possiblity that the Kings have just NO interest for any of our players or even any of a package we can make? All of our players have Gomez value? Makes no sense. Even if our GM says it's that deal or nothing, things change. And you can counter-offer. And a "league source"??? What they hell do they know? A Kings source or Habs one...sure.
im sure they have interest in some of our players, the asking price might simply be too high for GMMB.

also, it's nice to see a backlash against the 'whine first, think later' crowd

Old
07-17-2013, 05:57 AM
S Bah

Possibly the newly married with child, Plekanec for Clifford and Ellerby. California might be a great place to bring his family, there was some teams inquiring about him at the end of the season, I believe. Briere signed for two years, the Habs could fill a couple of positions trading Pleky to LA. Just a thought, who knows?

Old
07-17-2013, 05:58 AM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Dennis Bernstein ‏@DennisTFP 44s

League source tells TFP Kings Kyle Clifford will be shipped out of LA but Habs are NOT in mix in prospective deal "No chance to MTL"
Expand

what the **** bergevin?
To be fair, the 4th period has a pretty ****** track record, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Possibly the newly married with child, Plekanec for Clifford and Ellerby. California might be a great place to bring his family, there was some teams inquiring about him at the end of the season, I believe. Briere signed for two years, the Habs could fill a couple of positions trading Pleky to LA. Just a thought, who knows?
LA doesn't have the room for Plekanec.

You don't trade Plekanec for Clifford and Keaton ****ing Ellerby

Clifford is a solid bottom 6 player. You don't deal massively for that guy.

Old
07-17-2013, 06:03 AM
MrNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller View Post
i love when people say that especially when we have zero clue what LA's asking price is.

Same people who asked where MB was when Perron was dealt but when asked if they would trade Tinordi or Beaulieu, its basically not a chance.
Perron was dealt because of his attitude and partying just like Seguin. Glad the Habs didn't get him. Also interesting that other teams move young players due to attitude issues and that is not just a Montreal thing like many on here believe.

Old
07-17-2013, 06:05 AM
MrNasty

Props to eklund on being the first to report Clifford was being traded...he just picked the wrong team.

Old
07-17-2013, 06:19 AM
NLHabsFan

It's weird to say not happening with MTL. I really want Clifford, but what could the asking price be for a fourth liner to make the Habs a no go? I'm sure with his age and playing style he is valuable in a deal, but nothing the Habs can work out? No way they're getting too high of a return.

Old
07-17-2013, 06:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I like Clifford. It would be a good trade by Bergevin.
How do you know it would be a good trade without knowing the cost??? What if they want Tinordi or Beaulieu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiensnation View Post
Would you have signed Dustin Penner to a 1 year $2m deal?

I would personally sign him to play on the third line. Not bad term or money.
We'd probably have to give him 2.5-2.75 on a 1 year deal to move...1-because he seems happy down there(LA area) plus 2-taxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post

You can't possibly be serious.

Why the hell would we trade our top center for a guy that was a UFA 10 days ago and a 4th liner??

Clifford would be a nice guy to add but he's only a 4th liner at this point. Plekanec shoulod have 5x that value.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:15 AM
Estimated_Prophet

It is hilarious how many people just dismiss Clifford as a 4th liner. He is from the same draft class as Leblanc and he has untapped potential. He plays on the 4th line on perhaps the deepest team in the league......He is already better than either Moen or White so there is a very good chance he would start in our top 9.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:27 AM
prairie hab

Quote:
Yes.

I smell some 4th period BS here...

Old
07-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
It is hilarious how many people just dismiss Clifford as a 4th liner. He is from the same draft class as Leblanc and he has untapped potential. He plays on the 4th line on perhaps the deepest team in the league......He is already better than either Moen or White so there is a very good chance he would start in our top 9.
It would still be completely ridiculous to trade Plekanec for him. He's a decent fighter but has concussion issues so he had to curb that.

If Moen bounces back he is a better player than Clifford has been so far. Better fighter, similar offensive numbers and better defensively.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:43 AM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
It would still be completely ridiculous to trade Plekanec for him. He's a decent fighter but has concussion issues so he had to curb that.

If Moen bounces back he is a better player than Clifford has been so far. Better fighter, similar offensive numbers and better defensively.
Let's just forget the whole Pleks mention....

I tend to agree with you about Moen except for the fact that Clifford is pretty much 10 years younger. That needs to be factored in.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:55 AM
Myron Gaines*

I'd place the 4th period in the same category as Eklund.

Old
07-17-2013, 08:07 AM
prairie hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUHeffToBMad View Post
I'd place the 4th period in the same category as Eklund.
So which is wrong?

Old
07-17-2013, 08:14 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Clifford would be a great addition depending on the return the Kings are asking for. Wouldn't be against it

Old
07-17-2013, 08:17 AM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Clifford would be a great addition depending on the return the Kings are asking for. Wouldn't be against it
You would hope that they still think they are cup contender and would welcome a vet....Travis Moen comes to mind obviously. But there are way to sweeten the deal with prospects and picks. I mean, I love Timmins. Do think he's our MVP. But I can't believe that everybody in the league has prospects that are worth something and we don't. Kristo was I guess one of them, yet he wasn't sacrificed to welcome an immediate proven need. Clifford is a proven need..so what do we have that could make the deal....without throwing the top tier guys though. I mean, would a Bozon do it? Defense like Dietz, Thrower or Ellis? Geez, it is Kyle Clifford. Not a top 6 player. A big NEED for us, but not because he's an incredible player...just because we totally suck in the style of player he is.

Old
07-17-2013, 08:17 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Plekanec for Clifford...

That might end up being one of the worst trades in Habs history, and we've made a lot of bad trades.

Old
07-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
You would hope that they still think they are cup contender and would welcome a vet....Travis Moen comes to mind obviously. But there are way to sweeten the deal with prospects and picks.
That would be great. Depending on the pick, I'd be all in if it's Moen + prospect or Moen + pick but no better then a 3rd rounder

Old
07-17-2013, 08:19 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Plekanec for Clifford...

That might end up being one of the worst trades in Habs history, and we've made a lot of bad trades.
No chance Bergevin does that trade, zero!

Old
07-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:

I will take Clifford over Moen in a fight.

I am actually a fan of Moen but for whatever reason he was terrible last season. That being said you can't point to Moen bouncing back without acknowledging the possibility of Clifford improving as most young players are apt to do.

As far as Plekanec is concerned, I would expect more than Clifford in return but it is a moot point as L.A. has no need for him. I do believe that Plekanec is overrated on this board and he is probably not in the future plans of the club. Eller and Galchenyuk will force management's hand sooner than later on this one. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but he makes a lot of money and doesn't perform as well in the playoffs. If we could get back Stoll along with Clifford I would do the deal. Stoll would slot in as our #3 center allowing Eller and Galchenyuk to center the top two lines. This isn't going to happen so I will smarten up and cease with the proposals now

Old
07-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairie hab View Post
Let's just forget the whole Pleks mention....

I tend to agree with you about Moen except for the fact that Clifford is pretty much 10 years younger. That needs to be factored in.
Not at all...the poster said "He's already better than Moen and White". That says nothing about age, future or potential.

Old
07-17-2013, 08:36 AM
Whitesnake
Stormbringer

Quote:
Not at all...the poster said "He's already better than Moen and White". That says nothing about age, future or potential.
Moen is clearly on his way down at warp speed. At one point, we do have to be proactive, acknowledge that, make projections and see that Clifford is already similar to Moen and improving while the other one is close to be done.

Old
07-17-2013, 08:37 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
I will take Clifford over Moen in a fight.

I am actually a fan of Moen but for whatever reason he was terrible last season. That being said you can't point to Moen bouncing back without acknowledging the possibility of Clifford improving as most young players are apt to do.

As far as Plekanec is concerned, I would expect more than Clifford in return but it is a moot point as L.A. has no need for him. I do believe that Plekanec is overrated on this board and he is probably not in the future plans of the club. Eller and Galchenyuk will force management's hand sooner than later on this one. Don't get me wrong, he is a good player but he makes a lot of money and doesn't perform as well in the playoffs. If we could get back Stoll along with Clifford I would do the deal. Stoll would slot in as our #3 center allowing Eller and Galchenyuk to center the top two lines. This isn't going to happen so I will smarten up and cease with the proposals now
You obviously haven't watched Clifford's fights. Moen's track record and quality of opponents is much better.

Just because Plekanec isn't in the future plans doesn't justify tarding him for 50% of his value.

Closed Thread