HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2013 NHL Draft - Pick #75 - Pavel Buchnevich

Old
07-12-2013, 06:30 PM
kovazub94

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
As a Russian who has played for Russians before, I have never heard a coach do that. So I'll take my own experience at more value than your empty words.
Are familiar with the coach that made this comment and the context? This is where I'm going with this: imaging Torts as a junior's coach who just said that one of his players sucks on PP. How much weight would you put in this statement without knowing much about this coach, this prospect, their relationship, his physical conditioning etc? Besides if you're Russian who played for Russian coach I shouldn't tell you how good they are in expressing themselves via press.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 06:43 PM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
Kuznetsov

Also Yak is making close to 4 million and Tarasenko is also making over 3 mill
Kuznetsov have said mutiple times that his plan is to join the Capitals after the olympics.

Both of those is on ELCs with bonuses, like none guaranteed money expect for the 900k in base salary.

Last edited by EuroFlair: 07-12-2013 at 06:48 PM.
EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 09:44 PM
Dactyl

Quote:
Kuznetsov

didnt kuznetsov say he will come over to play once his deal is up in russia? im afraid of that guy, him with ov could be dangerous. on the other hand it will make for some fun playoff series

Dactyl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 03:06 AM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
As a Russian who has played for Russians before, I have never heard a coach do that. So I'll take my own experience at more value than your empty words.
I'm glad that you are Russian, but I am Russian as well. Born and bred.

I think you are simply being stubborn.

Figures of authority in Russia speak tough of pupils. It is common knowledge.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2013, 03:07 AM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Are familiar with the coach that made this comment and the context? This is where I'm going with this: imaging Torts as a junior's coach who just said that one of his players sucks on PP. How much weight would you put in this statement without knowing much about this coach, this prospect, their relationship, his physical conditioning etc? Besides if you're Russian who played for Russian coach I shouldn't tell you how good they are in expressing themselves via press.
Again, he is just being stubborn. Making a strong conclusion from a statement taken out of context.

I am providing some context and saying that cultural knowledge suggests that a figure of authority is simply providing "useful tough love."

I cannot claim to know everything, but I can at least deflect Jonathan's extremely narrow minded comments.

Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:53 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Again, he is just being stubborn. Making a strong conclusion from a statement taken out of context.

I am providing some context and saying that cultural knowledge suggests that a figure of authority is simply providing "useful tough love."

I cannot claim to know everything, but I can at least deflect Jonathan's extremely narrow minded comments.
It's simple your opinions contradict his so they must be wrong.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:55 PM
Ola

Quote:
Kuznetsov

2m of thoses are sched B bonuses and more or less never met.

Kuz was drafted the same year as McIlrath. I haven't counted him before. Maybe he will become the first highly touted Russian to not come over. Time will tell.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote