HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LXV - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2013, 09:40 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Moen is clearly on his way down at warp speed. At one point, we do have to be proactive, acknowledge that, make projections and see that Clifford is already similar to Moen and improving while the other one is close to be done.
He had a career year a year ago, how is that "on his way down at warp speed"?

People are quick to downplay the Habs success because it was over a "half season" but those fanms also want to throw guys like Moen under the bus based on a poor "half season".

Old
07-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Andy

Plekanec for Clifford? Beaulieu for Clifford? Are you guys all high?

Clifford is probably going to get the same return that Clutterbuck got.

Old
07-17-2013, 09:46 AM
MonkeyBusiness

Can't believe I actually read that someone would want to trade Pleks for Clifford and Ellerby....

Old
07-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Price My Man Crush

Damn, some people here are on drugs...

EDIT: And it's funny S Bah because I always thought you were one of the smartest guy here on HF Habs...

Old
07-17-2013, 09:58 AM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Prospect and a pick would be an option, for Clifford. Again though, would Bergevin sacrifice futures for a 3rd line player? We'll see.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
07-17-2013, 09:59 AM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

Never underestimate the ability of "fans" to under estimate the value of our own players and over value other teams players and vice versa.

Plecks for Clifford, holy Jesus, that's ridiculous. Our 1st line centre for a 4th-3rd liner?

Old
07-17-2013, 10:02 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
He had a career year a year ago, how is that "on his way down at warp speed"?

People are quick to downplay the Habs success because it was over a "half season" but those fanms also want to throw guys like Moen under the bus based on a poor "half season".
A career year? Where? How? You mean PPG? He didn't have a career year...he had a career October with his 4 goals and 6 points.

His real highlight career was in 2006-2007 and not just because of the points, but because of how tough he was playing, how much faster he was, how great his playoffs were.

Yes, EVERYTHING needs to be put in perspective because it was half of season. Just like I also am NOT bashing Markov yet 'cause the guy was coming out of a series of injuries that clearly playing a condensed season didn't help. But it's clear that for Moen, from the get-go, he lost his game. It's not just about how abysmal he was on the scoresheet this year but can you back up a guy who just thought he was now a cerebral player and wasn't willing to play his freakin role? Know you role, if you can't, you are out in my books. If the only thing great he does is his role on the PK, just get somebody younger who does it. And in the end, might end up more physical and with a better health. And if the only thing that Moen needs is a change of scenery before calling it quits, well give it to him.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:04 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Su-Su-SuperFriends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Prospect and a pick would be an option, for Clifford. Again though, would Bergevin sacrifice futures for a 3rd line player? We'll see.
I thought the same thing, but seeing him on a line with Galchenyuk & Gallagher might be worth the 2nd rounder or 3rd + mid-level prospect...

Old
07-17-2013, 10:05 AM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
Never underestimate the ability of "fans" to under estimate the value of our own players and over value other teams players and vice versa.

Plecks for Clifford, holy Jesus, that's ridiculous. Our 1st line centre for a 4th-3rd liner?
It's usually the other way around actually.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:07 AM

Interesting to read that the Leafs new President, Tim Leiwecke wants to remove all the pictures relating to the Leafs past success.

He just wants to look to the future...

That guy knows what he's doing

Old
07-17-2013, 10:09 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
Interesting to read that the Leafs new President, Tim Leiwecke wants to remove all the pictures relating to the Leafs past success.

Well if you are a professionnal, you can only look at those pictures and see that to be succesful like those guys were, you need to start working. Not sure that it's really respectful to just pretend like it never happened.

You can look at the future by hiring the right people to do the job. Pictures are just pictures...

Old
07-17-2013, 10:10 AM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:

You sure about that? Does he know something about Leafs' history?

Old
07-17-2013, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Well if you are a professionnal, you can only look at those pictures and see that to be succesful like those guys were, you need to start working. Not sure that it's really respectful to just pretend like it never happened.

You can look at the future by hiring the right people to do the job. Pictures are just pictures...
Meh...I like this particular approach. Those pictures are all in black and white. They are a lifetime away.

I often think that teams like the Leafs and Habs are victims of their past success. The league is entirely different today.

It's one thing to honor the past...it's another to wallow in it

Old
07-17-2013, 10:13 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Hopefully that was sarcasm. Imagine Molson tried to banish pictures of Richard, Lafleur, Dryden, Beliveau, etc from the Bell Centre? There would be a full-scale riot.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
You know his background?

Old
07-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:

More like ignorant.....

Some pencil neck twerp taking down memories from the players who actually bled for the team. This is a team sport not a forum for dorks like this to build their own personal legacy.

Sorry about the rant........meh it's just the Leafs, there aren't many survivors left with fond memories of the past.......

Old
07-17-2013, 10:17 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Su-Su-SuperFriends

Quote:

Leaf fans would riot if he did that...as they should...what an absolutely terrible idea...is Ferguson back??...

Old
07-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Hopefully that was sarcasm. Imagine Molson tried to banish pictures of Richard, Lafleur, Dryden, Beliveau, etc from the Bell Centre? There would be a full-scale riot.
That's exactly what I was saying... Those are pictures. The history of the franchise. What's wrong about remembering the success a franchise had in the past?

Old
07-17-2013, 10:18 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
A career year? Where? How? You mean PPG? He didn't have a career year...he had a career October with his 4 goals and 6 points.

His real highlight career was in 2006-2007 and not just because of the points, but because of how tough he was playing, how much faster he was, how great his playoffs were.

Yes, EVERYTHING needs to be put in perspective because it was half of season. Just like I also am NOT bashing Markov yet 'cause the guy was coming out of a series of injuries that clearly playing a condensed season didn't help. But it's clear that for Moen, from the get-go, he lost his game. It's not just about how abysmal he was on the scoresheet this year but can you back up a guy who just thought he was now a cerebral player and wasn't willing to play his freakin role? Know you role, if you can't, you are out in my books. If the only thing great he does is his role on the PK, just get somebody younger who does it. And in the end, might end up more physical and with a better health. And if the only thing that Moen needs is a change of scenery before calling it quits, well give it to him.

Moen was willing to play a tough, grinding role before last year. I don't see any reason why he can't bounce back. I called 11-12 his career year because he was on pace for 27 points.

If he is still playing like 2013 by December of next year I'll be concerned, not yet at this point.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:19 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Meh...I like this particular approach. Those pictures are all in black and white. They are a lifetime away.

I often think that teams like the Leafs and Habs are victims of their past success. The league is entirely different today.

It's one thing to honor the past...it's another to wallow in it
Pictures would be wallowing in the past......?

Never ending ceremonies/memorials might be considering wallowing....but pictures? As if the players are compelled to stare into these pictures and are left with a feeling of hopelessness and unattainable goals.

I hope somebody rips down this clown's picture in 30 years....

Old
07-17-2013, 10:26 AM

Can't compare Leafs to Habs...the last time they won a Cup was ages ago. I applaud the guy for bringing a new idealogy because frankly, they need it

Now removing ALL pictures from the past is a tad extreme, but trying to build a new identity is exactly what they should be doing

This guy knows a bit about success

Old
07-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
The difference is we have highlights of winning the Cup in colour and more than exactly 0 since 1967.

The Leafs need to move forward, and stop dwelling on what used to be. He's trying to change the culture.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:27 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
You obviously haven't watched Clifford's fights. Moen's track record and quality of opponents is much better.

Just because Plekanec isn't in the future plans doesn't justify tarding him for 50% of his value.
Moen is a terrible fighter now. His track record is moot because he simply can't do it anymore. Best case scenario for Moen is pretty much a draw as he just holds on and waits for the refs. Clifford is still young as can improve in this area as well.

We probably have a differing opinion on Plekanec's value but we are in agreement that if he is going to be moved then MB should maximize his return.

Old
07-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNasty View Post
Props to eklund on being the first to report Clifford was being traded...he just picked the wrong team.
This is almost as bad as people claiming the Clifford to MTL rumour was actually Carcillo to LAK rumour mixed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post

So Beaulieu?

Old
07-17-2013, 10:30 AM
BigDaddyLurch
Su-Su-SuperFriends

Quote:
Can't compare Leafs to Habs...the last time they won a Cup was ages ago. I applaud the guy for bringing a new idealogy because frankly, they need it

Now removing ALL pictures from the past is a tad extreme, but trying to build a new identity is exactly what they should be doing

This guy knows a bit about success
Dude, he's talking about removing the memory of integral parts of Hockey history from one of the most iconic franchises in all of sport (whether we like them or not)...it's a moronic idea and he should be tarred and feathered just for thinking about it...

Closed Thread