HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O'Connell let Thoresen slip through his fingers...

Old
10-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Ch 4 Action News

vCash: 500
O'Connell let Thoresen slip through his fingers...

http://www.edmontonoilers.com/statistics/

6 points in 11 games with Edmonton this year and a plus 3. He was invited to Bruins training camp in 2003 and although he was overshadowed by the likes of Bergeron, Toivonen, Jurcina, and Morrisonn, I felt that with the talent he displayed in Juniors and some of the skills he showed in camp he deserved a shot in the AHL. O'Connell opted to let him go, and he went over to Europe for a couple of seasons and the Oilers snatched him up this offseason. He's making 517k this year.

Be interested to hear any Oilers fans opinions on him thus far.

Ch 4 Action News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 07:30 PM
don

20/20 hindsight. Works every time.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:02 PM
neelynugs

this guy was A-W-F-U-L in bruins camp. next...

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:19 PM
Silva

Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
this guy was A-W-F-U-L in bruins camp. next...

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:22 PM
Ch 4 Action News

Like I said he didn't stand out, but awful? I don't think so, he showed some solid skills, maybe you didn't look close enough. I still have all my notes from that training camp, awful was Tuuka Makela.

I guess it's all moot though, Oilers fans seem to really like him. Good to see an undrafted kid make it.

Ch 4 Action News is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:31 PM
Silva

Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Loring View Post
Like I said he didn't stand out, but awful? I don't think so, he showed some solid skills, maybe you didn't look close enough. I still have all my notes from that training camp, awful was Tuuka Makela.

I guess it's all moot though, Oilers fans seem to really like him. Good to see an undrafted kid make it.
I completely agree, especially while a guy named Alexandre Daigle is playing in Switzerland

Silva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:33 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Loring View Post

i looked pretty close - he was disinterested. skills were there, sure. this is a guy that was being touted as a potential 1st round pick. but skills alone don't win you crap. apparently he's matured over the past few years and is playing with heart in edmonton. if he did that in boston several years ago, you'd probably be seeing him on a scoring line right now.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

vCash: 50
Oiler fan here, this kid is our feel-good story of the year. In Camp many people didn't see him amking in the uniform this yer, but man does this guy work is *** off!!! anyway, in the early goings of the season he started out in the 4th line, and then Raffi stuffed up a fair bit and Thoreson was working his *** off again and i think he got some points aswell, nd then got promoted with Hemsky and Sykora on the second line and its been good ever since.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:01 AM
Shinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Oiler fan here, this kid is our feel-good story of the year. In Camp many people didn't see him amking in the uniform this yer, but man does this guy work is *** off!!! anyway, in the early goings of the season he started out in the 4th line, and then Raffi stuffed up a fair bit and Thoreson was working his *** off again and i think he got some points aswell, nd then got promoted with Hemsky and Sykora on the second line and its been good ever since.
That's nice about Thoreson, but I'll take that with a grain of salt since Oil fans came on here and said how much they loved Reasoner and then he came here and was quite dreadful.

Shinny is offline   Reply With Quote