HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Why aren't Crosby and Pouliot playing for Rimouski tonight?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2004, 02:29 PM
  #1
HabLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sandspit
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,465
vCash: 500
Why aren't Crosby and Pouliot playing for Rimouski tonight?

Injured or what????

HabLover is offline  
Old
01-09-2004, 02:50 PM
  #2
BCCHL inactive
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country:
Posts: 10,561
vCash: 500
I don't know about Pouliot, but the Océanic are probably letting Crosby have a week off to spend time at home after getting back from Finland.

He's gotta have a family Christmas dinner sometime.

BCCHL inactive is offline  
Old
01-09-2004, 03:38 PM
  #3
Lefty
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon
Country: Hungary
Posts: 387
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Lefty Send a message via MSN to Lefty Send a message via Yahoo to Lefty
Probably just a break... the Moose Jaw Warriors have given Marjamaki and Fleischmann the week off as well.

Lefty is offline  
Old
01-09-2004, 04:51 PM
  #4
moosefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 1,890
vCash: 500
Crsoby is home right now, he got into the airport here on Tuesday and will join his team probably in Moncton. Pouliot I don't know he is a very injury prone player.

moosefan is offline  
Old
01-09-2004, 06:41 PM
  #5
HabLover
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sandspit
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van
I don't know about Pouliot, but the Océanic are probably letting Crosby have a week off to spend time at home after getting back from Finland.

He's gotta have a family Christmas dinner sometime.
I know but the rest of the guys like Carter, Richards, Paille, Dawes, Phaneuf, Meech, Belle, Harding, etc. are back with their respective teams and have already suited up. Crosby was the youngest player on Team Canada and he should have been back in the line-up right away. I would think out of all the players he would be back first, being the youngest and all.

HabLover is offline  
Old
01-09-2004, 07:15 PM
  #6
Mooseheads@HF
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: East Coast
Posts: 219
vCash: 500
Crosby will join his team Tuesday in Halifax, getting some time off.

Mooseheads@HF is offline  
Old
01-09-2004, 07:16 PM
  #7
HeHateMeFrisbee
Registered User
 
HeHateMeFrisbee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Detroit
Country: England
Posts: 2,880
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HeHateMeFrisbee Send a message via Yahoo to HeHateMeFrisbee
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover
I know but the rest of the guys like Carter, Richards, Paille, Dawes, Phaneuf, Meech, Belle, Harding, etc. are back with their respective teams and have already suited up. Crosby was the youngest player on Team Canada and he should have been back in the line-up right away. I would think out of all the players he would be back first, being the youngest and all.
why does him being the youngest mean that he should be back first. The way I see it is the other way around. He is the youngest so he should go see his parents for a week, you do you know that hockey is NOT the most important thing in life right?

HeHateMeFrisbee is offline  
Old
01-09-2004, 09:56 PM
  #8
THE NEXT ONE #87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Zurich
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHateMeFrisbee
why does him being the youngest mean that he should be back first. The way I see it is the other way around. He is the youngest so he should go see his parents for a week, you do you know that hockey is NOT the most important thing in life right?
I agree!

THE NEXT ONE #87 is offline  
Old
01-09-2004, 10:28 PM
  #9
Vlad The Impaler
Registered User
 
Vlad The Impaler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover
I know but the rest of the guys like Carter, Richards, Paille, Dawes, Phaneuf, Meech, Belle, Harding, etc. are back with their respective teams and have already suited up. Crosby was the youngest player on Team Canada and he should have been back in the line-up right away. I would think out of all the players he would be back first, being the youngest and all.
I think Phaneuf played, but I don't think Coburn has done so since coming back home. There are probably others who are taking a short break as well.

Vlad The Impaler is offline  
Old
01-09-2004, 11:53 PM
  #10
Crosbyfan
Registered User
 
Crosbyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 7,669
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseheads@HF
Crosby will join his team Tuesday in Halifax, getting some time off.
I think he's back in Rimouski on the 11th to play Chicoutomi. Hope
Pouliot is OK.

What's with Rimouski vs Lewiston this year. (8-0 Lewiston tonight... OUCH!)

Crosbyfan is offline  
Old
01-10-2004, 02:53 AM
  #11
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosbyfan
I think he's back in Rimouski on the 11th to play Chicoutomi. Hope
Pouliot is OK.

What's with Rimouski vs Lewiston this year. (8-0 Lewiston tonight... OUCH!)
yeah he will be back the 11th and the team will give him a gift signed by the fans for his presence at the WJHC. I can't wait to see him back it's really hard without him (1-8-2)

Cariboux is offline  
Old
01-10-2004, 05:26 AM
  #12
Sweeney
Registered User
 
Sweeney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rimouski
Country: Canada
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
Pouliot has some abdominal problem again and Crosby will play Sunday against the Sags... 5 points game for Crosby

Sweeney is online now  
Old
01-10-2004, 05:36 AM
  #13
Duff88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
:mad: :angryfire: :mad:

I can't even go to Sunday's game!!! It's so ******* frustrating...

Duff88 is offline  
Old
01-10-2004, 07:28 AM
  #14
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88
:mad: :angryfire: :mad:

I can't even go to Sunday's game!!! It's so ******* frustrating...
I WILL BE THERE

Cariboux is offline  
Old
01-10-2004, 07:42 AM
  #15
Duff88
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cariboux
I WILL BE THERE
Let's face it! Chicoutimi will kill Rimouski. Chicoutimi won their 6 last game, with a big 10-0 win on Acadie-Bathurst two games ago.

If you are from Rimouski and want to know more about the Sags, the players you should notice are :

#17 - Stanislav Lascek : He's playing awesome in the last few games, he shows good skills and should be drafted around round 5-9 during the 2004 draft.

#26 - Brent Macsween : He's also playing awesome hockey in the last few games, but I don't think he have the overall skills to be drafted.

#35 - Alexandre Vincent : He'll most likely be a top 100 pick in the 2005 draft, he's only the backup to Jeff Deslaurier but he gets some starts and he looks really good.

#38 - Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers : He's simply the best player of the team.

#71 - Romy Elayoubi : He's got awesome skills, he could be a top 10 pick in 2005, but he's got no guts and he has a bad attitude. He was never pushed enough and is not having a good year, but if he ever is able to get out of his slump, he will be a good one.

#77 - Rosario Ruggeri : How could I underrate this guy so much. At the start of the year, I said he was not a good player and that he would need a lot of work to make it... to the AHL... Now I say loud that he has a chance to make it to the NHL. He's just a big all-around defenceman that can ship it offensively, and he is considered as one of the league's most tough defenceman.

Duff88 is offline  
Old
01-10-2004, 09:05 AM
  #16
Rahan
Registered User
 
Rahan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Chicoutimi
Posts: 1,760
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duff88
#38 - Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers : He's simply the best player of the team.

#71 - Romy Elayoubi : He's got awesome skills, he could be a top 10 pick in 2005, but he's got no guts and he has a bad attitude. He was never pushed enough and is not having a good year, but if he ever is able to get out of his slump, he will be a good one.
What, no.. Deslauriers is far from being the best player in the Sags. He's overrated big time. He always lets at least one or two weak ones in a night. Just yesterday, we were not letting Val d'Or do anything and he let two in, one of those being a weak wrist shot from the faceoff circle with a clear line of vision. He's only getting the starts over Vincent because he's a veteran.
And Elayoubi, you're right, he has an attitude problem, and I wonder if he'll ever live up to his potential. He's a big disappointment so far..

Rahan is offline  
Old
01-10-2004, 11:28 AM
  #17
fulk hogan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreal, Qc
Posts: 446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabLover
I know but the rest of the guys like Carter, Richards, Paille, Dawes, Phaneuf, Meech, Belle, Harding, etc. are back with their respective teams and have already suited up. Crosby was the youngest player on Team Canada and he should have been back in the line-up right away. I would think out of all the players he would be back first, being the youngest and all.
Being the youngest would mean he probably doesn't have the strength and endurance of an 18-19 year old player. We're not talking the difference between a 30 yr old and a 20 yr old. He's still a boy, while others are beginning to develop into men.

fulk hogan is offline  
Old
01-10-2004, 12:11 PM
  #18
LaLaLaprise
lalalaprise -twitter
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Posts: 8,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahan
What, no.. Deslauriers is far from being the best player in the Sags. He's overrated big time. He always lets at least one or two weak ones in a night. Just yesterday, we were not letting Val d'Or do anything and he let two in, one of those being a weak wrist shot from the faceoff circle with a clear line of vision. He's only getting the starts over Vincent because he's a veteran.
And Elayoubi, you're right, he has an attitude problem, and I wonder if he'll ever live up to his potential. He's a big disappointment so far..
FINALLY!!!! Someone agrees with me about JEFF DD!!

LaLaLaprise is offline  
Old
01-10-2004, 12:16 PM
  #19
Cariboux
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Rimouski
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Thanks for the infos guys, but we're gonna beat you

Cariboux is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.