HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toucher & Rich: Did You Know Seguin Was Traded?

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

vCash: 500

Quote:

If you’re a true Bruins fan then obviously you know that Tyler Seguin was traded weeks ago to the Dallas Stars along with along with Rich Peverley for Loui Eriksson and a trio of prospects. Most fans understood the move and the Bruins got a pretty good player in return, but there are some out there who might be upset.

The fans that think Seguin is a dreamboat and don’t really watch or care about his play might be the ones more upset about the trade, but do they even know he’s now a Dallas Star?

T&R decided to send Adolfo out to find these Seguin lovers and inform them that their hunk is no longer a Bruin. Did the fans Adolfo met up with know the youngster was traded? Considering one could come up with the word puck and another didn’t know who the Dallas Stars are, they probably haven’t heard the news.

The guys also had Adolfo lie and tell them that the Bruins got back Mike Ricci, who doesn’t play anymore.

They had Adolfo show a picture of Ricci, who was the first player that came to mind when T&R thought of an ugly hockey player, to see what the fans thought of his looks.

Old
07-17-2013, 02:06 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

vCash: 2038
Any bit that starts with "we sent Adolfo to the mall" is bound to produce uncontrolled chaos.

My ears are kinda bleeding from the Bieber soundtrack.

07-17-2013, 02:32 PM
BoyntBergie

I missed this, gotta give it a listen. I know some here don't like T&R but I'm a fan. Big Bruins guys, and pretty funny more often than not.

Old
07-17-2013, 02:39 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
I missed this, gotta give it a listen. I know some here don't like T&R but I'm a fan. Big Bruins guys, and pretty funny more often than not.
I don't listen to much sports radio anymore, but if I do I'll catch T&R. I can only be serious so much, and the funny stuff is worth it to me.

The woman proclaiming "I thought Dallas was like, a football state" represented nicely the best and brightest of what we have to offer the world.

Old
07-17-2013, 02:46 PM
qc

vCash: 2000
This is great.

Old
07-17-2013, 02:48 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

It's girls like this that give female hockey fans a bad name. It's embarrassing.

Old
07-17-2013, 03:12 PM
xboxfan

I hate their interviews & bits like this.

The content would be funny on its own if you just let it play. They interject 4x the commentary and it's not as funny as the bit -- just let me listen to the funny answers.

Old
07-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Salem13

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxfan View Post
I hate their interviews & bits like this.

The content would be funny on its own if you just let it play. They interject 4x the commentary and it's not as funny as the bit -- just let me listen to the funny answers.
Yea but it's T&R, half their demo needs to be walked over and shown the funny.

Old
07-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Cutielemon07
Chara is Stuck!

vCash: 527
Crying laughing at these people's stupidity-if these women have no interest in hockey, they shouldn't be watching it regardless of how hot someone is (exception for Bergy ) and if you really think Dallas is a state... there truly is no hope.

Generally though, if you're that stupid, you deserve to be made fun of!

Old
07-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
It's girls like this that give female hockey fans a bad name. It's embarrassing.
The only thing that I have in common with those people is that we all have vaginas. No skin off my back if they want to be mental midgets.

Full disclosure, I didn't listen to the bit yet so I might change my mind, but in general, that's how I look at it.

Old
07-17-2013, 03:55 PM
Cutielemon07
Chara is Stuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
The only thing that I have in common with those people is that we all have vaginas. No skin off my back if they want to be mental midgets.

Full disclosure, I didn't listen to the bit yet so I might change my mind, but in general, that's how I look at it.
It's pretty hilarious, but I'm quite embarrassed now to say I belong to the same gender as them, never mind the same species!

Old
07-17-2013, 04:03 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Moose

Quote:

Well, and let's be honest. You and I both know that some of our ardent, knowledgeable female fans (and certainly the ones who frequent this chicken house) know more than probably half the males that post here. This is quite evident when Drunken Bruin (or Red Sox) recaps give us the ugly flip side of the X/Y chromosomal coin.

Dumb people be dumb. Doesn't matter which M or F box they check at admission.

Old
07-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmont Flavor View Post
Well, and let's be honest. You and I both know that some of our ardent, knowledgeable female fans (and certainly the ones who frequent this chicken house) know more than probably half the males that post here. This is quite evident when Drunken Bruin (or Red Sox) recaps give us the ugly flip side of the X/Y chromosomal coin.

Dumb people be dumb. Doesn't matter which M or F box they check at admission.
Oh I agree. I just don't think they give female fans a bad name because, well, they aren't fans.

Old
07-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Cutielemon07
Chara is Stuck!

I actually have a story to tell about some dumb Bruins 'fans' myself.

So I leave my house today and go around the corner to McDonalds, where I enter, order my meal and sit down.
About five minutes later, a couple guys show up-one wearing a Boychuck tshirt jersey and the other wearing an ordinary button up shirt-both no more than about my age, 19/20. They ordered their meal and sat behind me.
They then started talking rather loudly about some guy named 'Patriss' (rhymes with Katniss) 'Burgerin'.
I think they were talking about Patrice Bergeron, only they totally butchered his name.
They talked really loudly for what seemed like a lifetime about his 'epic slap shot' and 'awesome injuries'-injuries are never awesome, I think they meant how it was awesome it was that he played through them (still agonising for him).
Then they started talking about 'Tucker Rask', 'Brad Marchind' (that's March as in the month) and how much it sucked to have traded away 'Tyler Segwin' for 'Jarome Ignila' (false, we traded him for Eriksson and others). They then left, giving me a good laugh.

Stupid people will be stupid people.

Last edited by Cutielemon07: 07-17-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old
07-17-2013, 04:33 PM
Kovi
Kafka and Hockey

Quote:
thank you for saying that. I fight against "do you think he's cute?" all the time.

My trademark answer is....i'm much more interested in his percentage from the dot.

Old
07-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

So was that Toucher or Rich who had to ask which team Mike Ricci played for?

Kinda funny they had a bit making fun of peoples hockey knowledge and had to ask what team the guy who was done in 07 now plays for.

Hardcore.

Old
07-17-2013, 04:39 PM
eightspokedb
pickee chickadee

vCash: 50
I weep for the future......

Old
07-17-2013, 05:31 PM
RunFromTheBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
So was that Toucher or Rich who had to ask which team Mike Ricci played for?

Kinda funny they had a bit making fun of peoples hockey knowledge and had to ask what team the guy who was done in 07 now plays for.

Hardcore.
I'm not a hockey fan I guess, didn't know what team he played for. Wasn't catching many Coyotes and Sharks games from 97 to 07.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Cutielemon07
Chara is Stuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
I'm not a hockey fan I guess, didn't know what team he played for. Wasn't catching many Coyotes and Sharks games from 97 to 07.
Same here, I actually just googled it!

I've been a casual hockey fan since I was a kid, mostly supporting my 'local' team and the Bruins. Went full-on fan in 2010. I should still know who this guy was, but didn't because I didn't care about the Nordiques, Avalanche, Sharks or Coyotes. Still don't-though I would like to see the Nordiques back as I liked them as a very young kid.
Does that not make me a true hockey fan?

EDIT: Ignore this, it's a bit of an overreaction. Sorry.

Last edited by Cutielemon07: 07-17-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old
07-17-2013, 06:10 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutielemon07 View Post
I actually have a story to tell about some dumb Bruins 'fans' myself.

So I leave my house today and go around the corner to McDonalds, where I enter, order my meal and sit down.
About five minutes later, a couple guys show up-one wearing a Boychuck tshirt jersey and the other wearing an ordinary button up shirt-both no more than about my age, 19/20. They ordered their meal and sat behind me.
They then started talking rather loudly about some guy named 'Patriss' (rhymes with Katniss) 'Burgerin'.
I think they were talking about Patrice Bergeron, only they totally butchered his name.
They talked really loudly for what seemed like a lifetime about his 'epic slap shot' and 'awesome injuries'-injuries are never awesome, I think they meant how it was awesome it was that he played through them (still agonising for him).
Then they started talking about 'Tucker Rask', 'Brad Marchind' (that's March as in the month) and how much it sucked to have traded away 'Tyler Segwin' for 'Jarome Ignila' (false, we traded him for Eriksson and others). They then left, giving me a good laugh.

Stupid people will be stupid people.
I hear those guys call into Boston sports radio all the time. The only thing missing is a "Looshick" reference.

Old
07-17-2013, 06:29 PM
Cutielemon07
Chara is Stuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I hear those guys call into Boston sports radio all the time. The only thing missing is a "Looshick" reference.
Nah, they didn't mention Lucic, they may have mentioned Chara, but mangled his name so it was uncrecognisable to the Bruins fan's ear.
Blooming hell, they must have racked up one hell of a phone bill calling overseas all the time like that!

Old
07-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Bridges31
Goon? Lol

Quote:

I get it. Didn't mean to sound like I was labeling a gender or anything. I know of plenty of female fans (including yourself) that are very knowledgeable when it comes to hockey. It's the ones that follow a team because a player is "cute" that portrays such a negative stereotype for those female fans who know their hockey.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Mione134

I've seen men act just as dumb as some of these ladies. So this doesn't make me ashamed~ to have a vagina just like them. Its clear they went up to the typical casual female fan. Its all good.

Does it give us female die hard fans a bad rap? Sure. Guilt by association. But that's always going to be. No matter if they knew he was traded or not.

We get no respect about loving sports whether we're knowledgeable or not. Its how it is. So I say meh to all of this.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:30 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
I've seen men act just as dumb as some of these ladies. So this doesn't make me ashamed~ to have a vagina just like them. Its clear they went up to the typical casual female fan. Its all good.

Does it give us female die hard fans a bad rap? Sure. Guilt by association. But that's always going to be. No matter if they knew he was traded or not.

We get no respect about loving sports whether we're knowledgeable or not. Its how it is. So I say meh to all of this.
It goes both ways. There are plenty of men who only watch women's tennis or golf because they slobber over the women. It's no surprise that a mediocre player like Kournikova was so popular.

Old
07-17-2013, 08:18 PM
Cutielemon07
Chara is Stuck!

Quote:
I get it. Didn't mean to sound like I was labeling a gender or anything. I know of plenty of female fans (including yourself) that are very knowledgeable when it comes to hockey. It's the ones that follow a team because a player is "cute" that portrays such a negative stereotype for those female fans who know their hockey.
That's why I don't tell people of my crushes on Bergy and Marchy. Though I crush on them because they're Bruins, not that I'm a Bruins fan because they are Bruins, but they'll think it's the other way around-if that makes sense?
Why would I want to be one of those fans-they're the most annoying people to ever walk god's green earth!

Closed Thread