HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Part IX: Free Agency Signing Period Discussion and Rumors

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-17-2013, 12:33 AM
  #701
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER
 
sobrien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: South Jersey/Memphis
Country: United States
Posts: 6,583
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaFlyers View Post
Any interest in Peter Mueller for the last top 9 forward spot? I assume he'd be pretty cheap.
I'd rather see Straka, Gagne, or Laughton fill it (if Hall is our full-time 4C)

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 01:11 AM
  #702
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around
 
ucanthanzalthetruth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 50
Mueller is (at least for now) very similar to Wojtek Wolski. He is a floater, having small stretches of great success, while mostly invisible the majority of the time. His defence leaves a lot to be desired. His history of concussions was not an issue in Florida. IIRC, he only missed 2 games due to injury, he was a healthy scratch late in the year when Dineen grew tired of his playing style. The thing that makes him most attractive is his ability in shootouts. He has great moves and will pot many goals in the skills competition, something the Flyers struggled in last year. The reason that I believe he hasn't signed anywhere is because he wants a 2 or 3 year guaranteed deal, while teams are only offering a one year incentive laden deal

ucanthanzalthetruth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 01:22 AM
  #703
dookie88
Registered User
 
dookie88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Germany
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
I saw a guy claim that Sutter will control Carcillo unlike the coaches at his previous spots. I think Carcillo getting traded or demoted to the minors is more likely than that happening.

All and all a pretty head scratching move by LA. If Clifford is indeed out the door and Carcillo is his replacement well that's a terrible move.
Don't know their cap situation in detail, but I think Clifford will rather take Penner's spot and Carcillo will be his fill-in for the 4th line.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 01:25 AM
  #704
Brophy
Registered User
 
Brophy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Redondo Beach
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 500
id rather let the kids play. this team needs some youth. they were better when the were drunk and raging allthe time.

Brophy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:02 AM
  #705
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 8,217
vCash: 500
So apparently Clifford is getting moved. I'd love to have him. We'd have too many forwards and would likely have to look at shopping Talbot, but Clifford is a type of guy I want on this team, and I think he could slot into the top nine.


Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Clifford-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo
Hall


Looks perfect to me. Hopefully Hextall can give us the inside track on this one.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:06 AM
  #706
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,856
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
So apparently Clifford is getting moved. I'd love to have him. We'd have too many forwards and would likely have to look at shopping Talbot, but Clifford is a type of guy I want on this team, and I think he could slot into the top nine.


Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Clifford-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo
Hall


Looks perfect to me. Hopefully Hextall can give us the inside track on this one.
I dunno if I want Laughton on the 4th line right now. I know he's got nothing left to prove in the O... but I just don't know. I'm good with Hall as 4th center.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:40 AM
  #707
BernieParent
Registered User
 
BernieParent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,085
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
This isn't anything more than one person's opinion but it may be worthy of a read to some:

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/0...ts/#more-84418
Good read. One thing the writer doesn't mention much is the tax situation, beyond the states with none. I'm surprised he doesn't include that as a knock against Montreal, in particular, which is in the region with the highest tax level in North America.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:06 AM
  #708
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,789
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Good read. One thing the writer doesn't mention much is the tax situation, beyond the states with none. I'm surprised he doesn't include that as a knock against Montreal, in particular, which is in the region with the highest tax level in North America.
Anything writen by someone that works for The Score is garbage. There's a reason why he didn't mention anything about the high tax levels in MTL: he didn't do his research.

For instance, his knock on OTT. I'm not a Sens fan at all, and I havent read the entire article, but does he take into account the desirability of the city itself? OTT is one of the nicest cities in NA.

The fact that he says TO is a "great place to live" makes me laugh. I may be biased, but I would never want to live in that over-populated garbage dump of a city. Fun place to visit, but you live? No thanks

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 12:44 PM
  #709
flyersfan187
Registered User
 
flyersfan187's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Morrisdale, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,830
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyersfan187 Send a message via Skype™ to flyersfan187
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
So apparently Clifford is getting moved. I'd love to have him. We'd have too many forwards and would likely have to look at shopping Talbot, but Clifford is a type of guy I want on this team, and I think he could slot into the top nine.


Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Lecavalier-Simmonds
Clifford-Couturier-Read
Talbot-Laughton-Rinaldo
Hall


Looks perfect to me. Hopefully Hextall can give us the inside track on this one.
I only watched Clifford in probably 30 games. Is he a guy that can match up against the top lines of the league?

flyersfan187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 04:38 PM
  #710
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Anything writen by someone that works for The Score is garbage. There's a reason why he didn't mention anything about the high tax levels in MTL: he didn't do his research.

For instance, his knock on OTT. I'm not a Sens fan at all, and I havent read the entire article, but does he take into account the desirability of the city itself? OTT is one of the nicest cities in NA.

The fact that he says TO is a "great place to live" makes me laugh. I may be biased, but I would never want to live in that over-populated garbage dump of a city. Fun place to visit, but you live? No thanks
Habs fan here coming in piece, first off couldn't agree with you more about TO I lived there a few months and its absolutely horrible, my uncles and father did the same in their youth and share the same opinion as me,

Back to the point why I'm here, I saw a lot if Philly interest in the main board to PK. Although in probably one of his biggest fans I understand the NHL is a business and if the price is right we could move him. I was just wondering what you guys would be comfortable giving away for him, please take into account the habs needs (we would need a young top 4 guy back and some young grit and size up front+)

This is just for fun I wanted to know what other markets think he's worth

Habsfannick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:38 PM
  #711
hockeyfreak7
Registered User
 
hockeyfreak7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Charlottesville
Posts: 8,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Habs fan here coming in piece, first off couldn't agree with you more about TO I lived there a few months and its absolutely horrible, my uncles and father did the same in their youth and share the same opinion as me,

Back to the point why I'm here, I saw a lot if Philly interest in the main board to PK. Although in probably one of his biggest fans I understand the NHL is a business and if the price is right we could move him. I was just wondering what you guys would be comfortable giving away for him, please take into account the habs needs (we would need a young top 4 guy back and some young grit and size up front+)

This is just for fun I wanted to know what other markets think he's worth
I'd be okay going as far as B. Schenn+Coburn+pick for Subban but not any further. I think that's a pretty substantial offer, but PK is a Norris winner, so there really isn't much reason for the Habs to go for anything that doesn't make them a significantly better team.

hockeyfreak7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:24 PM
  #712
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
The only teams that really move big time defenders are teams that are in a serious cap crunch(Pronger in Anaheim) or teams that are going into a rebuild and try to pick up as many assets as possible. Montreal doesn't fit those two criteria. Although, it should be very interesting to watch negotiations on that new contract of his, there was a lot of tension up there over his last one.

Now teams that are in the dumps and might be looking to rebuild. I would have to say Calgary for sure, Buffalo, Florida(although they are more an up and coming team supposedly) and watch Nashville. Nashville is by far the most interesting team out there. If they have another horrible year like last year, do they think about rebuilding? LET ME SAY THIS: I do not think they trade Weber, but if the team struggles again next year and then the next, you never know.

Victor Hedman might be another name to watch also. Tampa, if they don't turn it around there, might look to continue the mini re-build they are in. Buffalo might be the best place to get a young top notch defender(Myers) but now we have drafted three potential good top 4 defenders, we most likely would have to part with one to get him as well as a young center. I wouldn't feel comfortable about that price for him.

Also, another thing to watch for is negotiations with contracts. Like Weber last year, always keep an eye on how a team is treating the player. That caused a ton of problems when they low balled him in his arbitration case a few years ago. They weren't willing to spend the money. Basically just watch smaller market teams that run on internal budgets and keep a keen eye on their players.


Last edited by Prongo: 07-17-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:07 PM
  #713
El Emperor
Registered User
 
El Emperor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Woodstown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Good read. One thing the writer doesn't mention much is the tax situation, beyond the states with none. I'm surprised he doesn't include that as a knock against Montreal, in particular, which is in the region with the highest tax level in North America.
I know this may be biased but the rank of Pittsburgh is way too high. I get that they have star power, but there is absolutely nothing else that city offers and that fact should have at least brought them down a few spots.

El Emperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:01 PM
  #714
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
I'd be okay going as far as B. Schenn+Coburn+pick for Subban but not any further. I think that's a pretty substantial offer, but PK is a Norris winner, so there really isn't much reason for the Habs to go for anything that doesn't make them a significantly better team.
Alright thanks for your input and yeah I don't think we'd deal him for deals like that

Habsfannick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:20 PM
  #715
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,565
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfannick View Post
Alright thanks for your input and yeah I don't think we'd deal him for deals like that
From my understanding, asking Habs fans for Subban is like asking for Giroux. Just, not feasible.

Which is why I'm amused most of the time at the Trade Forum threads between our teams. There's just clearly no deal to be made, at least among the fans.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:33 PM
  #716
Habsfannick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habsfannick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 2,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
From my understanding, asking Habs fans for Subban is like asking for Giroux. Just, not feasible.

Which is why I'm amused most of the time at the Trade Forum threads between our teams. There's just clearly no deal to be made, at least among the fans.
Yeah we just fill each others needs, you need a top D who plays well basically like PK and we need young top players with size. But neither of us is ready to part with what the other is asking for, Philly fans are one of the only fans bases I truly respect because you guys are no ********. Best of luck to you and I hope you get back to playoff hockey this year always entertaining to watch

Habsfannick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 07:58 AM
  #717
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,789
vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Emperor View Post
I know this may be biased but the rank of Pittsburgh is way too high. I get that they have star power, but there is absolutely nothing else that city offers and that fact should have at least brought them down a few spots.
Like a previously mentioned, it's not a very good article and it's obvious he didn't do much research

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:13 AM
  #718
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,353
vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
This isn't anything more than one person's opinion but it may be worthy of a read to some:

http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2013/0...ts/#more-84418
Pitt is a ghost town if that team blows. That team was infused with super star talent from sucking and basically luck. When those players move on, and if that team falls back into the basement, they'll start pulling 8-9K again

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:48 AM
  #719
JayB
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 332
vCash: 500
How you guys think to add Tootoo to our 4th line? Get Talbot to 3rd line and Laughton to juniors if not ready yet.

Talbot-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Hall-Tootoo

There are rumors that Morrow is talking with Hurricanes. I think we should be there too. Under 3 million caphit per year should be fair. Maybe better than Gagne to our third line wing?

JayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:55 AM
  #720
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,409
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
How you guys think to add Tootoo to our 4th line? Get Talbot to 3rd line and Laughton to juniors if not ready yet.

Talbot-Couturier-Read
Rinaldo-Hall-Tootoo

There are rumors that Morrow is talking with Hurricanes. I think we should be there too. Under 3 million caphit per year should be fair. Maybe better than Gagne to our third line wing?
I really don't see the need for Tootoo with Rinaldo & Rosehill under contract.

I'll pass on Morrow. He's too slow & declining at every aspect of his game.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-18-2013 at 09:03 AM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:58 AM
  #721
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,353
vCash: 491
Morrow has to be the most overrated player out there right now. I'm not sure the guy brings anything to a team except a 2-3M price tag based on name.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:21 AM
  #722
Psuhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Pitt is a ghost town if that team blows. That team was infused with super star talent from sucking and basically luck. When those players move on, and if that team falls back into the basement, they'll start pulling 8-9K again
The only people who think Pittsburgh is some great hockey town are Canadians who fawn all over Crosby. Most people from Pittsburgh will tell you they couldn't care less about the Penguins or the Pirates for that matter; its all Steelers all the time. They will jump on the bandwagon and that's about it. Also citing Crosby as some sort of player magnet is laughable too as there is a large contingent of NHL players that don't like him (direct words spoken from an NHL player at a bar in Carolina as well as mentioned by Chris Therien). The hockey media loves the guy but not necessarily the players.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:39 AM
  #723
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,789
vCash: 769
Today is the one year anniversary of the Shea Weber offer sheet

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:46 AM
  #724
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,353
vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
Today is the one year anniversary of the Shea Weber offer sheet
Thanks...maybe I'll go rub salt in my wounds today.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 11:02 AM
  #725
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,877
vCash: 500
http://www.truehockey.com/articles/P...BluesPlus-More

Quote:
Blues fans might be excited to learn Pietrangelo has directed his camp to solely focus on an extension with the St. Louis Blues. In other words, sources close to the former 4th overall pick tell me they aren’t seeking an offersheet and are concentrating only on a contract with the Blues. This is what Pietrangelo wants and his agency Newport Sports, led by Don Meehan, has begun talks with Doug Armstrong and the Blues. Sources say the talks remain in the very early stages.
Quote:
The Blues are open to entertaining a wide range of concepts. Nowadays the focus with star players coming out of entry level, is hitting a homerun that sets the player up for the next five to seven years. We’ve seen this recently with players like Taylor Hall, Jordan Eberle, Tyler Seguin, Steven Stamkos, Erik Karlsson, and Drew Doughty.

Many would place Pietrangelo in the above mentioned category, whether the Blues view him as a $7million player remains to be seen. There’s no question they feel comfortable giving him the term he might desire but they won’t feel pressured into paying him a number they aren’t comfortable with. Armstrong has always had a philosophy when it comes to negotiating second contracts and it’s going to be interesting to see how far off the page he’s willing to stray.
Well poop.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.