HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

When is the best you felt when your team lost/the worst when your team won a game?

Old
07-17-2013, 02:17 PM
Vikingstad
**** the King

vCash: 500
Worst I felt as an oilers fan was a game against cbus. We were tied in the third and they were absolutely hammering us until we got a lucky bounce leading to an odd man rush on which we scored. We hung on for dear life Columbus deserved that game. Makes it worse that those points could've gotten Columbus into the playoffs

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 02:29 PM
DarthYenik

I am usually cool when the Wings beat the Ducks in 7 games. I like the wings, and am a Ducks fan, so I'm lucky to have witnessed two entertaining 7 game series, with my two favorite teams, even when the Ducks lose.

I'm drawing a blank on feeling bad about winning. It's always better to win.

DarthYenik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

I wouldn't say I felt bad, necessarily, but I felt kind of ashamed that we only won Game 4 vs. Boston because of a fluky goal from Hagelin.

I can't think of any Rangers losses where I felt good, but since Minnesota's my 2nd team Game 1 of the Chicago series comes to mind. When I saw Backstrom get injured in warmups I lost all hope, but Harding made me eat crow.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post

Worst when won:

Last year when they fell apart against Boston after winning 3-0 in the 3rd, and 3-1 in the last 90 seconds or so (Toronto style), then won it in a shootout.
I came here to post the same thing.

Doctor King Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:13 PM
oiler-dude

I'll go this season only as well:

Worst win: 3-1 vs Columbus. Outshot 40-14, won it shorthanded with like 2 minutes left (and added an EN).

Best loss: I guess I'd go early season 3-2 SO loss to San Jose. This was while they were unbeaten, and we came back from 2-0 down.

oiler-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:17 PM
Machinehead
BOlieve Dat

vCash: 50
Best when losing:

2012 Eastern Conference Finals. We had a great season.

Worst when winning:

Clinching the playoffs this past year against Carolina. It wasn't the worst, it was just so unfitting for the situation. Usually you clinch a spot and you go crazy. I was like "ok cool".

07-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

This is easy as a Pens fan:

Best when they lost:
The long losing streak that led to MT getting fired.

The Worst when they won:
This year vs the Isles because it led Shero to extend DB instead of firing him.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:28 PM
WWAD

Best loss - Any one of the losses in the 2002 Stanley Cup. Nobody had any illusions about the Hurricanes being able to beat what was essentially an NHL All-Star team, but seeing my team in the finals was pretty damn cool.

Worst win - Can't really remember anything that stands out, but there was a pretty pathetic win toward the end of the year last year where the Hurricanes got out-tanked by a zero effort Lighting squad after the Canes iced a tankerrific line-up themselves..

WWAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Kirk Mclean
The best there is...

Best for a loss: Game 4 against SJ this year because I knew it had sealed AV's fate (yes, he was that bad).

Worst for a win? Always annoyed me the last couple years when Luongo would get a shutout because it meant he would play the next game instead of Schnieder.

Kirk Mclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:18 PM
Devilsfan992

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaossKing View Post
Best was game 6 2012 ECF

worst was the devils last game of the season against the Rangers 4-0. its like they just completely gave up. DeBoer getting ejected like a boss was funny though
You misunderstood the topic, but I will try my best Devils with the limited memory I have.

Worst Win: I honestly can't think of one right now. The Devils don't ever really get dominated in possession/shots always giving them a chance to win. I guess the only one off the top of my head was against the Flyers last year where the Devils almost blew a 6-0 lead by letting the flyers score four straight to start the third. Luckily it ended 6-4.

Best Loss: There were two back-back games where the Devils outshot their opponents somewhere around 60-20 and lost both games. Devils just didn't know how to score.

Devilsfan992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Stive Morgan
Emelin is so slow.

vCash: 362
Best: OT loss to Maple Leafs in the final game of the 09-10 season to make the playoffs with the loser point.

Worst: All the losses after we were eliminated from the playoffs in the 11-12 season. Shoulda tanked

Stive Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:39 PM
Victorious Secret
Eyebrows Defcon 1

Worst when winning:

Can't say I've had a memorable one. Houston Aeros game and Brodin and Granlund get injured in the same game, I guess.

best feeling during a loss: Beating the **** out of the Canucks, I guess.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:33 PM
UpGoesRupp

I'm always happy win or lose when Dallas plays LA/SJS they stay right in the game.

It's annoying watching the Stars play like crap against crappy teams and win 2-1 and act like they were defensively responsible and grinded out a win. It's clear that the only person that showed up some nights is Kari Lehtonen.

UpGoesRupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:40 PM
James Duthie
Kadri is 3 Hunna

Uhh that 7th game in the playoffs was the worst and that 6th game in the playoffs was the best.

James Duthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:33 AM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

Best: OT loss to Toronto early in 05/06. Canes came back from 2 goals down in the 3rd to tie game late. Canes showed that night they had the heart and desire to come back from multi-goal deficits. That helped pave the way to winning the Cup that season.

Worst win: There were several late meaningless wins in the 09/10 season that hurt our draft pick standings. In the end we ended up getting Jeff Skinner who has been a good player for us but those wins really pissed a lot of people off. Had that "Where the **** was this team early on?" stench to it.

HisIceness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:40 AM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Good Loss:

February 22nd, 2007.

What an entertaining game this was.

Bunch of HFers went to the sports bar for this one, picked a good night to do so. There was a table of Buffalo fans there who were equally excited. Even the wait staff stopped serving to watch the hijinks.

Senators ended up losing 6-5 in a shootout, but the game had everything.

Bad Win:

Taking a cue from the poster above me, after we picked up Craig Anderson, he started winning hockey games while Brian Elliott was losing them for Colorado.

We lost some draft positioning and ended up with Zibanejad instead of Landeskog. Not sure how that will work out in the long run.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:30 AM
committedindian86
Teuvo Time

Worst when winning: Game 7 against Detroit this year... The call on Hammer that disallowed the GWG in regulation had me fuming for the entire OT period, until Seabrook scored the GWG in OT.

Best when losing: The WCF against Detroit in 2009. I was beyond proud to see this young team have their best showing in the Playoffs in a long time. The idea that this team could compete for Lord Stanley in my lifetime was exciting more than the loss was disappointing.

committedindian86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:37 AM
MarkyMarkov

Best when losing: Every game near the end of 2011-2012 that lead to us getting Galchenyuk

Worst when winning: The game where we were destroying Boston and then Chara nearly killed Pacioretty. That win left me angry and disgusted, almost made me reconsider why I love this game so much.

MarkyMarkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Fresh Prince
Go Red Wings!

Best when losing: Game 7 of this year vs Chicago. Yes, they choked a 3-1 series lead but with that roster, I was proud of how far they went.

Worst when winning: Game 2 and 6 vs Anaheim. Playing like **** in the 3rd of each games pissed me off, even after a win.

Fresh Prince is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Langdon Alger*

The worst I ever felt about the Flames winning a game was a 3-2 win over Pittsburgh in the 2005-06 season. Marcus Nilson hit the post and the stripes called it a goal, then held up the call on replay. The puck never came close to going in, and that was the game-winner.

Langdon Alger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:36 PM
Kings man 4 life

Kings fan

Best after a loss would be this year losing to Chicago in the WCF team shows heart and I was proud of them for hanging on like that.

Opps read it wrong.

hmm Worst about winning a game maybe winning that April 3rd game against the Sharks in the 07-08 season and missing out having the first overall pick, though in retrospect getting Doughty payed off.

Last edited by Kings man 4 life: 07-18-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Kings man 4 life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 06:03 PM
playasRus

Worst wins:

When Anderson took us from top 3 picks in 2011 to bottom 6th.
Cost us potentially one of RNH/Landeskog/Huberdeau.

Consollation prize was Zibanejad.

Best lost:

This one's hard but I've got to say for some reason losing to NYR in last years playoffs game 7 was tolerable.

playasRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:39 PM
WiscMNwildfan

One of the better losses Minnesota had was against Montreal in the 2011-2012 season when they fell behind but came back on to tie it on two Matt Kassian goals before Setoguchi fell over in the shootout.

WiscMNwildfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:28 PM
Frank Drebin

I think we won the Pacioretty-Chara game. Honestly was worried for the guy, his face motionless on the ice. Didn't care about the score.

Best when losing: The great tank of 2012. Stopped watching, but enjoyed the fall down the standings, and getting some decent picks at the deadline.

Frank Drebin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:35 PM
joe_shannon_1983*

Send a message via MSN to joe_shannon_1983*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Worst when won:

Last year when they fell apart against Boston after winning 3-0 in the 3rd, and 3-1 in the last 90 seconds or so (Toronto style), then won it in a shootout.
Jack Edwards (Boston commentator) had an orgasm in the booth during that comeback.

joe_shannon_1983* is offline   Reply With Quote