HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price/Miller swap?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-17-2013, 07:02 PM
  #76
CanadiensVault
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 88
vCash: 500
I don't know what kind of world some people live in, but it's not reality. Why do people think Price is worth a ton on the trade market? The guy just signed a huge contract and is coming off his worst year. Very shaky, easily rattled, no stellar stats, nothing exciting about Price right now. He's not an appealing goaltender of the future until he proves something. And no, junior level doesn't count. Price for Miller straight up is all we'd get.

CanadiensVault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:14 PM
  #77
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING
 
BLASPHEMOUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sherbrooke
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,225
vCash: 450
It's a risky manuver at best, crippling at worst. Vanek is a great player though, and he often destroys the Bruins single-handedly. This is the kind of deal, if it were actually to be discussed on a professional level, where the organization's trust in Fucale would likely come into play.


Last edited by BLASPHEMOUS: 07-17-2013 at 07:32 PM.
BLASPHEMOUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:24 PM
  #78
JohnKordicsGhost
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 44
vCash: 500
sure.... Why don't we just throw in p.k subban while we're at it for tyler myers.

JohnKordicsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:27 PM
  #79
S Bah
Registered User
 
S Bah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 5,626
vCash: 500
I realize that this isn't a serious proposal or at the very least I hope not. Price will bounce back this season and could with the additions in the off-season, lead the Habs on a serious run at the Stanley Cup. Anyone that thinks otherwise may have a real eye opening in store for them. Bergevin didn't bring Stefan Waite into coach Price for laughs, Briere to play his last couple of seasons because he thought that Danny would look good in a Habs uniform. Parros in to join White, Prust and Moen, to play regular season hockey. If that is the case then I've certainly missed my guess on the type of men Bergevin and Therrien are, and I'm backing the wrong team.

Now with that rant over with, reasons for Ryan Miller to never play for Montreal.

1) He has gotten himself in more trouble shooting his mouth off in Buffalo, I can't begin to think what would happen to him in Montreal's media focus. He would probably melt even in winter.
2) Playing goal for Buffalo when Lindy Ruff was coach, made life sweet for the goalie, don't expect any comeback season of great proportions.
3) Nervous breakdowns would be everyday occurrences, dealing with the criticism of the Habs fans. Finding that getting three shutouts in a row and then losing two in a row, the fans are calling for a trade. Players need to have thick skin to play in Montreal, we're talking elephant hide thickness.

No I just don't see that happening and it won't happen so enjoy the laughs.

S Bah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:31 AM
  #80
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I realize that this isn't a serious proposal or at the very least I hope not. Price will bounce back this season and could with the additions in the off-season, lead the Habs on a serious run at the Stanley Cup. Anyone that thinks otherwise may have a real eye opening in store for them. Bergevin didn't bring Stefan Waite into coach Price for laughs, Briere to play his last couple of seasons because he thought that Danny would look good in a Habs uniform. Parros in to join White, Prust and Moen, to play regular season hockey. If that is the case then I've certainly missed my guess on the type of men Bergevin and Therrien are, and I'm backing the wrong team.

Now with that rant over with, reasons for Ryan Miller to never play for Montreal.

1) He has gotten himself in more trouble shooting his mouth off in Buffalo, I can't begin to think what would happen to him in Montreal's media focus. He would probably melt even in winter.
2) Playing goal for Buffalo when Lindy Ruff was coach, made life sweet for the goalie, don't expect any comeback season of great proportions.
3) Nervous breakdowns would be everyday occurrences, dealing with the criticism of the Habs fans. Finding that getting three shutouts in a row and then losing two in a row, the fans are calling for a trade. Players need to have thick skin to play in Montreal, we're talking elephant hide thickness.

No I just don't see that happening and it won't happen so enjoy the laughs.
Miller is much tougher mentally than Price, he is totally equipped to handle the city and media. Not that we'll ever see him here.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:35 AM
  #81
HABS win CUPS*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montréal
Posts: 3,906
vCash: 500
has the world gone topsy turvy? some people want to get rid of Markov too!1

HABS win CUPS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:39 AM
  #82
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 11,170
vCash: 500
miller is garbage. the end. and deos anybody really think he'd survive the environment here? guy's breaking down in Buffalo...

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:52 AM
  #83
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,686
vCash: 500
miller has too much "character" for bergevin's liking

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 01:03 AM
  #84
HabstuckinTO
Registered User
 
HabstuckinTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Toronto
Country: Ireland
Posts: 333
vCash: 500
Stupid is as stupid does. Wake up for the love of God!!

HabstuckinTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 01:52 AM
  #85
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
miller is garbage. the end. and deos anybody really think he'd survive the environment here? guy's breaking down in Buffalo...
Using your math... if Miller is garbage, what is Price? Considering their stats are almost identical, I'd love to hear how Price is a step above Miller.. so please...continue.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 01:55 AM
  #86
Price My Man Crush
Registered User
 
Price My Man Crush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Montréal
Posts: 4,781
vCash: 500
The only argument about why Miller would not be garbage is probably the one about the Vezina Trophy. He won it in 2010.

But it was three years ago. He was a way better goalie. His 2006-2010 years are over.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 02:02 AM
  #87
HABS win CUPS*
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Montréal
Posts: 3,906
vCash: 500
who speaks better french i can't make a decision without knowing that

reponde! REPONDE!

HABS win CUPS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:16 AM
  #88
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 11,170
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Using your math... if Miller is garbage, what is Price? Considering their stats are almost identical, I'd love to hear how Price is a step above Miller.. so please...continue.
what mover said.

bit of an hyperbole on my part but my point stands. miller's best days are behind him. he's a distraction and is such a headcase that the fans would drive him out of town within the first week.

not counting the fact that price's best days are ahead of him, miller had one good season. nothing else. his vezina clouds the fact that he's a very average goalie that is aging, with one good season.

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:18 AM
  #89
Plante
Registered User
 
Plante's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Kelowna, B.C
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,785
vCash: 500
Sweet Jesus, no thanks.

Plante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 05:26 AM
  #90
TT1
Registered User
 
TT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,686
vCash: 500
once upon a time jose theodore also won the vezina and heart trophys..

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 05:52 AM
  #91
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 49,376
vCash: 500
Used to be a big Miller fan. Not anymore. Going and going and going towards the end of his career.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:51 AM
  #92
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,845
vCash: 500
How can fans give up on price. Wow

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:08 AM
  #93
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Using your math... if Miller is garbage, what is Price? Considering their stats are almost identical, I'd love to hear how Price is a step above Miller.. so please...continue.
Miller is done!

This is a terrible idea.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:09 AM
  #94
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
What more can i say about the Habs fanbase....

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:11 AM
  #95
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,521
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
what mover said.

bit of an hyperbole on my part but my point stands. miller's best days are behind him. he's a distraction and is such a headcase that the fans would drive him out of town within the first week.

not counting the fact that price's best days are ahead of him, miller had one good season. nothing else. his vezina clouds the fact that he's a very average goalie that is aging, with one good season.
I'm not advocating bringing in Miller, but I feel Price has a lot to prove. So when I see people calling one goalie 'garbage' , I really like to hear what they think Price has done to deserve such great accolades in comparison.

BTW I personally think Miller has had many good seasons, his teams in Buffalo have always had glaring holes they never really fixed. Sort of like what Price is having to endure in Montreal. If they don't fix the blueline, he will have some very long nights in the pipes.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:14 AM
  #96
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I'm not advocating bringing in Miller, but I feel Price has a lot to prove. So when I see people calling one goalie 'garbage' , I really like to hear what they think Price has done to deserve such great accolades in comparison.

BTW I personally think Miller has had many good seasons, his teams in Buffalo have always had glaring holes they never really fixed. Sort of like what Price is having to endure in Montreal. If they don't fix the blueline, he will have some very long nights in the pipes.
If this is the case then why trade for Miller? If both goalies don't do well behind poorly constructed teams and defense, why make the swap? We're still left with the same problem for both goalies. Instead, they should focus on fixing the D, not making what would at best be a lateral move between the pipes.

This trade makes no sense as do the justifications for it. For once in Montreal, stop focusing on the damn goalies as the cause of and solution to all problems. Hockey is much more than just a goalie. The team with the Vezina winner didn't even make the playoffs.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:14 AM
  #97
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,289
vCash: 500
Price >> Miller
Vanek >>> Gionta

Goalie > Forward. So this is quite even: Price + Gionta vs Miller + Vanek.

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:17 AM
  #98
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Price >> Miller
Vanek >>> Gionta

Goalie > Forward. So this is quite even: Price + Gionta vs Miller + Vanek.
That is such a terrible deal for Buffalo. What a unrealistic proposal.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:32 AM
  #99
marchabsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadiensVault View Post
I don't know what kind of world some people live in, but it's not reality. Why do people think Price is worth a ton on the trade market? The guy just signed a huge contract and is coming off his worst year. Very shaky, easily rattled, no stellar stats, nothing exciting about Price right now. He's not an appealing goaltender of the future until he proves something. And no, junior level doesn't count. Price for Miller straight up is all we'd get.
finally a fact based opinion on him

marchabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 10:44 AM
  #100
ForeverHabs97
Registered User
 
ForeverHabs97's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 170
vCash: 500
**** no ok? Price is probably top 5 in the NHL skillwise. He just needs to find his game and I see that happening soon.

ForeverHabs97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.