HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Teams that play a lot of rookies tend to lose a lot of games

Old
07-17-2013, 05:07 PM
LBS8844

vCash: 500
Bickell is the complete package. Please don't think for a second otherwise. The Blackhawks didn't immediately trade away key competitors in order to resign Bickell because they were wrong. Expect 25 goals and 55 points this season.

LBS8844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:08 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
LOL!

The Chicago Blackhawks replaced both goaltenders from the previous season for the 2010-11 NHL Season. What do you expect ...... miracles?
What are you even talking about? I was talking positively about both seasons and arguing against the notion of "a lot of losses". Do you even know what you're reading or do you just like to be contradictory because you have nothing better to do?

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:14 PM
SLarmer28

Let's see ... salary cap hell in 2010.

The choice was Hjalmarsson or Ladd or Niemi after Byfuglien, Eager, Sopel, Versteeg, Fraser were traded. By the way, Andrew Ladd, as well as Niemi, filed for arbitration in 2010.

The Chicago Blackhawks chose wisely.

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Are we going to discount what Bolland did in the playoffs?
Just IMO, but Bolland's play-off's was about 3 Games of very good & 20 games of meh. I'm a huge Bollie fan, but while he was involved in some big plays (Cup GWG, hits on Filpula for game 7 GWG against DET, and big hit on Richards), his overall play was REALLY mediocre IMO. I don't see replacing what he brought to the table last year in the regular season or the play-off's as a huge obstacle.

I also think that people are acting the P/O's are starting tomorrow. After 60 games, if the Hawks have a gaping hole on the roster, SB will have the assets available to hopefully fill it.

Beukeboom Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:18 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Liner View Post
What are you even talking about? I was talking positively about both seasons and arguing against the notion of "a lot of losses". Do you even know what you're reading or do you just like to be contradictory because you have nothing better to do?
I was talking positive about the 2010-11 NHL season since I never thought the Chicago Blackhawks would attain 97 points with Corey Crawford and Marty "washed up" Turco in net.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Blue Liner

Delete.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Blue Liner

Quote:
I was talking positive about the 2010-11 NHL season since I never thought the Chicago Blackhawks would attain 97 points with Corey Crawford and Marty "washed up" Turco in net.
Right, I was talking positively in their favor as well and you come in with your "LOL" and talking about me expecting miracles. Nonsensical.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:21 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Like I said, Larmsy just posts things.. whether they're relevant or not.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 05:24 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBS8844 View Post
Bickell is the complete package. Please don't think for a second otherwise. The Blackhawks didn't immediately trade away key competitors in order to resign Bickell because they were wrong. Expect 25 goals and 55 points this season.
The Chicago Blackhawks traded away Dave Bolland and Michael Frolik probably because the organization felt the prospects in the pipeline were ready to take on roles at the second line center position, the third line right wing position, and the fourth line right wing position. As for Viktor Stalberg ...... good riddance.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:30 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Lots of people have Stanton as the 7th defenseman. And guess what, the 7th defenseman is going to play a lot this season with Roszival on the roster. In fact, you just posted this roster with Stanton on the team!
Stanton could very likely easily handle 15 "protected" minutes a game at home against 3rd & 4th lines for 40 games to rest Roszival if needed. I just don't see this as a major issue as you seem to be making it out to be.

Bottom line - the Hawks have a healthy amount of roster turnover, and HUGE amount of competition in training camp for the 3 starting roster spots. With the way the guys who left played overall last year, the only significant issue from my perspective is replacing Frolik on the PK.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:31 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Right, I was talking positively in their favor as well and you come in with your "LOL" and talking about me expecting miracles. Nonsensical.
With the way Marty Turco played, it was a minor miracle.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:38 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
Stanton could very likely easily handle 15 "protected" minutes a game at home against 3rd & 4th lines for 40 games to rest Roszival if needed. I just don't see this as a major issue as you seem to be making it out to be.
As far as I know, Sheldon Brookbank is still on the Chicago Blackhawks roster.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:44 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Bottom line - the Hawks have a healthy amount of roster turnover, and HUGE amount of competition in training camp for the 3 starting roster spots. With the way the guys who left played overall last year, the only significant issue from my perspective is replacing Frolik on the PK.
Do you seriously expect that the Chicago Blackhawks will miss Dan Carcillo and Jamal Mayers? The two major losses were Dave Bolland and Michael Frolik. Brandon Saad replaces Michael Frolik's spot on the penalty kill unit while Ben Smith replaces Michael Frolik on the fourth line and the Chicago Blackhawks move on.

Old
07-17-2013, 05:50 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySensible View Post
Like I said, Larmsy just posts things.. whether they're relevant or not.
Quote:
Do you seriously expect that the Chicago Blackhawks will miss Dan Carcillo and Jamal Mayers? The two major losses were Dave Bolland and Michael Frolik. Brandon Saad replaces Michael Frolik's spot on the penalty kill unit while Ben Smith replaces Michael Frolik on the fourth line and the Chicago Blackhawks move on.
And here's a great example haha

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:02 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
You really don't think so? Bickell has a crap ton of skill. His skill level has never been in question, at least not to me. It's his willingness to compete and his effort level, more so earlier in his career. If you gave Ladd Bickell's size and skill set he'd be a monster.
Once again, I couldn't agree more with Blue Liner.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Dude, 2 words, reading comprehension. I honestly do not think the Hawks will miss anyone except maybe Frolik on the PK. Where in my post do you think I am worried about Mayers or Carcillo? They were dime a dozen players in there 7 minutes per game when they were not in the pressbox.

Old
07-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
As far as I know, Sheldon Brookbank is still on the Chicago Blackhawks roster.
Again, what is your point? I am very confident in either Brookbank or Stanton to handle spot duty to rest Roszival and keep him fresh. I think the presumption is they trade SB, but in either case, not sure why the OP is nervous about the #6/7 dman slot. Seems like unneccessary manufactured drama.

Old
07-17-2013, 06:19 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Seems like unneccessary manufactured drama.
Especially for the following Chicago Blackhawks prospects who all spent three seasons in the AHL:

Pirri
Morin
Smith
Stanton

The Chicago Blackhawks are not bringing up 20 year olds straight from the Canadian Juniors.

Old
07-17-2013, 06:37 PM
Hawkaholic

As far as we know Danault could surprise all of us and be a top PKer for us. Danault is known for being one of the best defensive forward prospects out there, he has great speed and can contribute offensively. I am sure not counting him out for making the roster. I actually wonder if the reason they shipped out Carcillo was because of what they saw from him at camp.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:41 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I don't think it's related at all, but I wouldn't be shocked if Danault made the team.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Hawkaholic

Its related to all the talk about Froliks PK role being replaced. If he makes the team, I think he would fill it quite admirably.

Hawkaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:54 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Its related to all the talk about Froliks PK role being replaced. If he makes the team, I think he would fill it quite admirably.
Brandon Saad can replace Michael Frolik on the penalty kill since Brandon Saad's potential has yet to be fully tapped.

Old
07-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Brandon Saad can replace Michael Frolik on the penalty kill since Brandon Saad's potential has yet to be fully tapped.
Are you just padding your post count at this point?

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:57 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
I actually wonder if the reason they shipped out Carcillo was because of what they saw from him at camp.
Dan Carcillo was shipped out for increased salary cap flexibility. Besides, Dan Carcillo has not been the same player since post ACL surgery.

Old
07-17-2013, 07:08 PM
JSmith81x
Your weapon is guilt

vCash: 1000
Back on topic, here's another team w/ 4-5 rookies that did all right:

1985-86 Montreal Canadiens

Mike Lalor, 22
Claude Lemieux, 20
Stephane Richer, 19
Patrick Roy, 20