HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dan Carcillo to the Kings for conditional 2015 5th rounder

Old
07-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
One thing to keep in mind is that Andreoff is turning a lot of heads. He was drafted as an overager. He is already 22 years old.

Clifford is 22. Nolan is 24. Carcillo is 27-28 and is a UFA.

The writing is on the wall.

Andreoff is LW/C. Clifford is a LW. Carcillo is a LW. Nolan is a RW.

The writing is on the wall. Andreoff and Nolan are the future 4th liners of the Kings.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:42 PM
McSorley 33

I'd be okay with this.

I'm guessing maybe Cliffords head is a mess and better to cut him now and move on.

Love the guy though.

McSorley 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:49 PM
Johnny Utah

I have a Clifford autograph on the Stanley Cup photo of the team. Ugh.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:52 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I have a Clifford autograph on the Stanley Cup photo of the team. Ugh.
He was still on the Stanley Cup team .

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 08:58 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
He was still on the Stanley Cup team .
Yup, always embrace that.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 09:01 PM
KingsFirstCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minor Boarding View Post
And Carcillos fighting (and he is a 5' 11'') will prevent (even scare ) other teams cheapshoots?
Just a guess, but you've never played in a hockey league with fighting before have you?

KingsFirstCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:04 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFirstCup View Post
Just a guess, but you've never played in a hockey league with fighting before have you?
Not sure where you were going with this, and I certainly haven't played PRO hockey, but I'll tell ya it's a lot scarier on the ice with a nutcase who just might have a screw loose and will jump you through a crowd (Carcillo) than it is with a big boy who is too respectful to do so (Clifford, Nolan) fighting skill aside.

People mostly started brushing off Clifford and Nolan. Carcillo won't let you decline if you're dicking around. As someone mentioned earlier, after Bolland/Torres incidents, I would have killed for someone like that. Just imo.

Brad Doty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:12 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I don't think that Clifford gets traded. Just with carcillo it might be a bit more enticing if there is a very good offer up. He's gonna stay.
And glad we have our pest. Remember guys. We lost Richardson and replaced him with a better player.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:16 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
Not sure where you were going with this, and I certainly haven't played PRO hockey, but I'll tell ya it's a lot scarier on the ice with a nutcase who just might have a screw loose and will jump you through a crowd (Carcillo) than it is with a big boy who is too respectful to do so (Clifford, Nolan) fighting skill aside.

People mostly started brushing off Clifford and Nolan. Carcillo won't let you decline if you're dicking around. As someone mentioned earlier, after Bolland/Torres incidents, I would have killed for someone like that. Just imo.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:55 PM
KingsFirstCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post

I agree with you. I was referring to the guy who said Carcillo won't intimidate anyone. I've played rep hockey all my life including Juniors, and trust me, when you know the other team has a tough guy in the lineup, you definitely think twice before doing something stupid. It doesn't matter if he's on the ice at that exact time, because there is always going to be another shift, another game, or another season when you will have to face them again. Hockey teams are like a brotherhood, and they don't forget things very easy. Especially cheap shots.

Old
07-18-2013, 12:56 AM
no name

Quote:
I agree with you. I was referring to the guy who said Carcillo won't intimidate anyone. I've played rep hockey all my life including Juniors, and trust me, when you know the other team has a tough guy in the lineup, you definitely think twice before doing something stupid. It doesn't matter if he's on the ice at that exact time, because there is always going to be another shift, another game, or another season when you will have to face them again. Hockey teams are like a brotherhood, and they don't forget things very easy. Especially cheap shots.
We don't care if you play hockey. I really hate the pompous response that so many throw as a rebuttal on HF. You are disrespecting somebody because they don't pay to play a sport. That's what you are doing.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 01:07 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
We don't care if you play hockey. I really hate the pompous response that so many throw as a rebuttal on HF. You are disrespecting somebody because they don't pay to play a sport. That's what you are doing.
I think he brought up a good point, to someone who may have been missing it.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 01:29 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
That's one of the few times I've seen that rebuttal actually work. The Dude has a point, and yes, I grew up playing the sport as well.

+1 KingsFirstCup

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 02:01 AM
KingsFirstCup

Quote:
I wasn't disrespecting anyone. I'm sorry, but people who have never actually been in the trenches on an actual hockey team don't understand certain things about the game, it's just a fact. And you can ask any player, coach, GM or whoever, and I guarantee they agree with me. And one thing you don't understand is the intimidation factor and how it effects players on both sides because it's not something you can see or feel watching from the stands or on tv.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:38 AM
theMajor

Quote:
even when the team had tough guys, they were rarely, if ever used as much as you're implying. how many times did Kevin Westgarth fight, let alone play in his last year here? i highly doubt bringing Carcillo in is going to all of the sudden make other teams think twice about taking cheap shots

theMajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 11:46 AM
moosehead81

Hopefully Carcillo has lost his really embarrassing tendency to take a dive, particularly with the massive head snaps every time a stick comes close. Of course almost everybody in the league now does that, but not with the same fierceness that Carcillo does.

moosehead81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:00 PM
TrevorK

Quote:
The NHL has a small number of players like Torres and Cooke who have been suspended multiple times for cheap shots yet they roam the ice without "punishment". I don't even think anyone on their team was "punished" (someone on SJ taken out for the Hossa hit for example). In the past we have players like Bertuzzi who has played many seasons since his cowardly attack.

While you always want to prevent liberties from being taken why not utilize your somewhat skilled depth players for this: Regher, Greene, Muzzin, (don't really see a forward we have for this who I would classify as somewhat skilled)? It makes no sense to dress someone every third game who for all intensive purposes cannot make the team on skill when other players can make it on skill and provide the "payback" that you're looking for. The only flaw I see in this is finding such players, but really, there is no reason they cannot be developed internally.

TrevorK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:11 PM
eleventy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorK View Post
The NHL has a small number of players like Torres and Cooke who have been suspended multiple times for cheap shots yet they roam the ice without "punishment". I don't even think anyone on their team was "punished" (someone on SJ taken out for the Hossa hit for example). In the past we have players like Bertuzzi who has played many seasons since his cowardly attack.

While you always want to prevent liberties from being taken why not utilize your somewhat skilled depth players for this: Regher, Greene, Muzzin, (don't really see a forward we have for this who I would classify as somewhat skilled)? It makes no sense to dress someone every third game who for all intensive purposes cannot make the team on skill when other players can make it on skill and provide the "payback" that you're looking for. The only flaw I see in this is finding such players, but really, there is no reason they cannot be developed internally.
Develop what - cheap shot artists? It's just like size, you can't teach it. I wouldn't want it to be "taught" internally even if you could. There's a huge difference between sticking up for the team and going after someone's knees because it's all you know how to do.

eleventy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:35 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
even when the team had tough guys, they were rarely, if ever used as much as you're implying. how many times did Kevin Westgarth fight, let alone play in his last year here? i highly doubt bringing Carcillo in is going to all of the sudden make other teams think twice about taking cheap shots
There is a difference to Carcillo than Westgarth. Westgarth would go out and fight the other teams tough guy, and that was that. Carcillo though, as shown in that clip against SJ when he was with Phoenix, will just go ape **** at times and fight whoever is pulling **** on a teammate (in that case Steve Bernier, and I think he took a poke at Roenick as well).

Not that I'm defending this move, I really think Carcillo will end up being a waste of cap and roster space (though I'm willing to give him a few games before really declaring that), but the way he fights and the way Westgarth fight are very different from each other.

Comparing rookie year Clifford and Carcillo would be more appropriate (though it seems Carcillo is a bit more 'unscrewed' in the head than Clifford ever was).

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 12:21 AM
KingsFirstCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMajor View Post
But how do you know the reason Westgarth didn't have to fight much was because he WAS effective at keeping the other team in check? It's one of those roles where if he's doing his job correctly, he won't have to fight because his job is to deter cheap shots and guys from running around.

Old
07-19-2013, 12:23 AM
KingsFirstCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorK View Post

Clause Lemieux disagrees

Old
07-19-2013, 12:28 AM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Clause Lemieux disagrees
Draper agrees.

Old
07-19-2013, 12:37 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

Isn't it strange that the players haven't welcomed him yet and that Carcillo hasn't made a comment? Hmm

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
Isn't it strange that the players haven't welcomed him yet and that Carcillo hasn't made a comment? Hmm
I check Twitter every morning, but nothing. He's probably in an alcohol induced coma from the Cup though.

Old
07-19-2013, 12:42 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Westgarth wasn't a tough guy or a pest. He was just a heavy weight fourth liner who sucked at fighting.

He didn't keep anyone in check.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote