HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Phil Kessel

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-27-2006, 03:08 PM
  #26
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!
 
GloryDaze4877's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Sticks (West MA)
Country: United States
Posts: 21,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatatat View Post
Glad to hear Kessels getting comfortable out there. Hopefully it keeps up.. I personally would like to see a line of Sturm (when he returns) Kessel, and Murray. Those 2 speedsters out there with a good power forward in Murray could be potent.
I agree with that statement...just not sure Murray qualifies as a "power" forward. If it was Bertuzzi-Kessel-Sturm, than we would have something there

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2006, 03:20 PM
  #27
Silva
Registered User
 
Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatatat View Post
Glad to hear Kessels getting comfortable out there. Hopefully it keeps up.. I personally would like to see a line of Sturm (when he returns) Kessel, and Murray. Those 2 speedsters out there with a good power forward in Murray could be potent.
I'd really like line. I want to see Kessel in the Center position.

Silva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:02 PM
  #28
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
I'd really like line. I want to see Kessel in the Center position.
http://www.hockeyjournal.com/blogs/I...610DenBlog.htm

kessel in the middle today

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:16 PM
  #29
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
I knew they wouldn't move Patrice... I wonder how Savard feels about getting bounced from the pivot in favor of an 19 year old kid. What do you think of the new lines nugs?

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:18 PM
  #30
Silva
Registered User
 
Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
I knew they wouldn't move Patrice... I wonder how Savard feels getting bounced from the pivot in favor of an 18 year old kid. What do you think of the new lines nugs?
Axelsson NEEDS to get off that 2nd line. IMO he just kills it. The first line looks like it could be dynamite but that 2nd line just looks soo lackluster.

Silva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:20 PM
  #31
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
Axelsson NEEDS to get off that 2nd line. IMO he just kills it. The first line looks like it could be dynamite but that 2nd line just looks soo lackluster.
I have faith in axey... I'm sure once Sturm gets back he'll get moved and if not I'll live with it. He's made some nice plays, hes responsible... as far as im concerned as I said many times over I don't care how many goals we score as long as we win.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:22 PM
  #32
Silva
Registered User
 
Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
I have faith in axey... I'm sure once Sturm gets back he'll get moved and if not I'll live with it. He's made some nice plays, hes responsible... as far as im concerned as I said many times over I don't care how many goals we score as long as we win.
Sturm Kessel Murray

Now THAT looks much more appealing

Silva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:23 PM
  #33
Silva
Registered User
 
Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 4,938
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Silva
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
I have faith in axey... I'm sure once Sturm gets back he'll get moved and if not I'll live with it. He's made some nice plays, hes responsible... as far as im concerned as I said many times over I don't care how many goals we score as long as we win.
I don't either. The problem is we haven't been winning.

Silva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:24 PM
  #34
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
I don't either. The problem is we haven't been winning.
I wasn't directing that comment towards you or anything and I know. My thing is that once the D gets healthy I see us being able to grind out wins considering the goaltending has nowhere to go but up.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:24 PM
  #35
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
I knew they wouldn't move Patrice... I wonder how Savard feels about getting bounced from the pivot in favor of an 19 year old kid. What do you think of the new lines nugs?
i don't like savard on the wing - i'd rather see them use 3 scoring lines...although they don't have the depth on the wings to do it, i suppose.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:25 PM
  #36
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silva View Post
Sturm Kessel Murray

Now THAT looks much more appealing
that'll be likely when MS gets back in the lineup

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:26 PM
  #37
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
i don't like savard on the wing - i'd rather see them use 3 scoring lines...although they don't have the depth on the wings to do it, i suppose.
Right. Do you think he can be succesful on the wing though? I think that line could really be nasty in fact its what I had hoped they would do for the # 1 PP unit in the beggining of the year.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:27 PM
  #38
sfbruin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
He looks timid so far, like he's skating on eggshells. He's clearly afraid to get hit every time he steps on the ice. (Getting clobbered in the first or second game didn't help him any)

He obviously has the talent and he will likely develop into a good player. I just wish he was developing in the minors where he belongs.
Disagree, at least a little, although he did seem a bit rattled after that clock-cleaning he took in game 2 (?). He seems to shake off the checks pretty well, has really good wheels, and is just gripping it a bit too tightly. Once he calms down a bit the goals will flow. You are probably right about spending at least some time in the A, but the Bruins are what they are right now.

He is, on the other hand, about 10-15 pounds too light right now, which IMO is why he seems to pinball off of every check. The Bruins list him at 6 foot flat, 189 -- I'm not even sure he weighs that much. His summer needs to consist of nothing but protein shakes and weights. Learning how to initiate contact rather than absorb it wouldn't be so bad either -- maybe if he asks Patrice to show him the ol' shoulder drop move Patrice would remember how to do it himself?

sfbruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:31 PM
  #39
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
Right. Do you think he can be succesful on the wing though? I think that line could really be nasty in fact its what I had hoped they would do for the # 1 PP unit in the beggining of the year.
i think his best skills (playmaking/vision) are better suited to the middle. i'm sure he'll do ok short-term, since he has excellent offensive instincts, but i don't like it long-term at all (i also don't like him picking up lazy habits on the wing, defensively). if chiarelli can find the right parts, savard should be back in the middle pretty soon.

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:33 PM
  #40
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin
 
TwineTickler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sandy Hook, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 21,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
i think his best skills (playmaking/vision) are better suited to the middle. i'm sure he'll do ok short-term, since he has excellent offensive instincts, but i don't like it long-term at all (i also don't like him picking up lazy habits on the wing, defensively). if chiarelli can find the right parts, savard should be back in the middle pretty soon.
agreed. I still think his playmaking/vision will still be effective on the wing though. We shall see.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:34 PM
  #41
neelynugs
Registered User
 
neelynugs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Vote Quimby!
Posts: 29,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
agreed. I still think his playmaking/vision will still be effective on the wing though. We shall see.
i like that he's starting to shoot the puck more - last thing you want is a line of guys passing back and forth to each other, without someone taking charge as the "scorer".

neelynugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:36 PM
  #42
Gee Wally
Retired
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 32,842
vCash: 500
Awards:
I'd like to see Kessel and Sturm teamed up at least for a couple of games. They are 2 of the fastest guys in the league. Add a defensively responsible RW and see what happens.

__________________

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:37 PM
  #43
BruinInTexas
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Austin, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 1,289
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
i like that he's starting to shoot the puck more - last thing you want is a line of guys passing back and forth to each other, without someone taking charge as the "scorer".
he just needs to start hitting the net. seems like he takes a lot of bad shots, especially on the PP, that hit off the end boards and bounce all the way out of the zone.

BruinInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:38 PM
  #44
Bruwinz37
Registered User
 
Bruwinz37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 26,660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
I'd like to see Kessel and Sturm teamed up at least for a couple of games. They are 2 of the fastest guys in the league. Add a defensively responsible RW and see what happens.

Sturm-Kessel-Donovan--now thats fast.

Then have:

Axelsson-Bergeron-Boyes
Primeau-Savard-Murray

Could work....couldnt hurt.

Bruwinz37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:44 PM
  #45
Zikky
Registered User
 
Zikky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Sturm-Kessel-Donovan--now thats fast.

Then have:

Axelsson-Bergeron-Boyes
Primeau-Savard-Murray

Could work....couldnt hurt.
Nice lines, this is the first time that i see a roster of 3 offensive line that i like

Zikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
  #46
Gee Wally
Retired
 
Gee Wally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: HF retirement home
Country: United States
Posts: 32,842
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz37 View Post
Sturm-Kessel-Donovan--now thats fast.

Then have:

Axelsson-Bergeron-Boyes
Primeau-Savard-Murray

Could work....couldnt hurt.
yeah...that's the model I'm after....a chance to score with all 3 rolling.

Gee Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.