Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Nicholas Roy

Old
07-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Screeeeech

vCash: 450
Nicholas Roy

Any news on him? Is he reporting to Cape Breton or not? What would he fetch in return if he was traded? I'm just curious

Screeeeech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 06:41 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Don't think he's reporting but he will fetch a lot.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Screeeeech

What exactly? A little less than Mackinnon?

Old
07-17-2013, 07:15 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs2711 View Post
What exactly? A little less than Mackinnon?
Less than Mackinnon but still a decent package. My guess would be a roster player , grade A prospect and two 1st rounders(mid-late). Maybe an additional 2nd rounder depending on the roster player.

Here's a couple of proposals. These trades would only happen if Roy agrees to report.

To Val Dor :

Roy

To Cape Breton:

Jeremie Fraser(roster player , CB needs to add to the blueline)
Keven Bouchard(grade A prospect)
Olivier Galipeau(1st rounder this past draft)
1st 2014
---------------------------------------------------------------

To Chicoutimi :

Roy

To Cape Breton :

Simon Tremblay (roster player)
Frederic Allard ( 1st round pick 2013)
Cody Petawabano ( grade A prospect )
1st 2014

Last edited by WildcatMapleLeafs28: 07-17-2013 at 07:37 PM.
WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:13 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

2nd package ain't great.

1st one seems about right.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:14 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
2nd package ain't great.

1st one seems about right.
I think it's pretty close , maybe an additional 2nd rounder 2014 .

Old
07-18-2013, 09:50 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
I think it's pretty close , maybe an additional 2nd rounder 2014 .
I wouldn't call Petawabano a grade A prospect.

Old
07-18-2013, 07:36 PM
seagle

As for the the Screaming Eagles’ first overall pick in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League draft, forward Nicolas Roy, Dumont reported that there’s nothing new on that front, and that the process is still ongoing.
“The scenario we’re working on is the same. We want him to be a part of our team in September.”

http://www.capebretonpost.com/Sports...aming-Eagles/1

seagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Raimu

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagle View Post
As for the the Screaming Eagles’ first overall pick in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League draft, forward Nicolas Roy, Dumont reported that there’s nothing new on that front, and that the process is still ongoing.
“The scenario we’re working on is the same. We want him to be a part of our team in September.”

Bleh, same old story on Roy. Less than a month until camp, I really hope the Eagles make a move to maximize his value, or convince him to report somehow. Halifax/CB rivalry hasn't been relevant in nearly 7 years. One team has always sucked and one has been much better.

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:37 PM
Screeeeech

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagle View Post

I hope he comes, we need something to be happy about here in Cape Breton.

Old
07-18-2013, 10:05 PM
Raimu

Quote:
I hope he comes, we need something to be happy about here in Cape Breton.
I'd say Lazarev committing immediately without any sort of fuss is cause for optimism and a big step toward the future.

Old
07-19-2013, 07:50 AM
Scarecrow Boat

donno why people want this trade rushed when there's a window in Sept. that will guarantee them a 5th overall pick in 2014. That's an asset better than anything they'll get via trade IMO

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:29 AM
Raimu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
donno why people want this trade rushed when there's a window in Sept. that will guarantee them a 5th overall pick in 2014. That's an asset better than anything they'll get via trade IMO
Wait so do they get that pick even if they trade him?

Old
07-19-2013, 10:43 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Wait so do they get that pick even if they trade him?
Yes, I thought the league would have changed the rules regarding compensation picks after the Carl Neil trade last season but they havn't yet. The Eagles will get a compensation pick on top of what they receive in a trade...

Old
07-19-2013, 11:27 AM
Screeeeech

Quote:
I'd say Lazarev committing immediately without any sort of fuss is cause for optimism and a big step toward the future.
Yes I am very excited that Lazarev is committing but our first overal pick not reporting is a huge slap in the face

Old
07-19-2013, 12:39 PM
Raimu

Quote:
Yes I am very excited that Lazarev is committing but our first overal pick not reporting is a huge slap in the face
Hard to call it a "Slap in the face." It's a tough situation because on one hand:

You have a kid from Quebec who wants to play in the Q, BUT the big breaking point for him is he wants to go to a french school in Quebec. And its hard to blame the kid for having his education as a priority. Plus it was a classy gesture from him to show up to the draft and dawn the jersey. There are plenty of kids who would not have even done that.

Other side of the coin is:

You have an organization that just had one of its worst years in history, and a couple huge blows.... players wanting out, mismanagement of assets, and they're in a situation now where not only do they have to re-build the roster, but they have to re-build the reputation.

Nicolas Roy was a gamble, but he was the best player available, and by picking him they're standing their ground owning the first overall pick. Him reporting would be huge for the teams reputation, and the on-ice product overall... Him not reporting does hurt tho. But that was the gamble they chose to take.

Old
07-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Buggie

the education is BS....all the english kids going to quebec do correspondance or online and so it should be the same coming the other way...they dont get compensation unless they release him not by trading him

Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 12:56 PM
Buggie

education is just what the player puts into it...the team offers to pay but cant write the tests and exams...actually online or correspondence is the best as they arent missing classes..its hard on players trying to make classes when travelling.....any kid who fails with online just did not put the wrok into i...they can have tutors paid for and community help...so players parents and posters have to stop using the education as an issue.....read during a 10 hour bus ride...study in hotel room...stop gaming on xbox and such...you can do more work on a week long road trip than a week in public schools if you want to put in an effort and stop using it as a crutch....so shame on him....shame on his parents...and ok go to NCAA Mr Roy and see how that helps your education if ya cant do it without being in a school

Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 04:14 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

He just doesn't want to play for CB, it's that simple.

Old
07-19-2013, 04:25 PM
Raimu

Some parents do not want their children taking courses through online correspondence. He wouldn't have played for Halifax, Moncton or Saint Johns either.

The MacKinnon family also legitimately did not want Nathan taking his classes online. there's nothing wrong with a parent being concerned for their 16 year olds education and you need to get over that if you're in the "UH HE JUST DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY IN CB UH." If the issue was "simple" it'd be resolved by now.

Old
07-21-2013, 05:39 PM
Scarecrow Boat

I think the education argument can be put the rest seeing as there's a french school within earshot of the rink in which CBSE play and there are rumors of Roy going to Omaha in the USHL lol

Everything I've seen rule wise says that if they trade him during the trade window in September they will get a 5th overall pick in compensation + whatever they get in the trade (picks only which is no big deal when they have 15 QMJHL forwards already lol) The rules that were changed based on the Carl Nell situation don't effect this situation because Roy was the #1 pick.

I'm still waiting to see if anyone has a link to recent clarification and I've still seen nothing so I'm going with what I read off the QMJHL site ( http://theqmjhl.ca/article/board-of-...delines/116425 ).

I think where most people are confused is that there are different rules for picks 1-4 and picks 5-18 and most people think of the Val-d'Or situation who was between 5-18 so the changes to the rules don't apply to this new CB situation.

Old
07-21-2013, 05:40 PM
Scarecrow Boat

Quote:
Some parents do not want their children taking courses through online correspondence. He wouldn't have played for Halifax, Moncton or Saint Johns either.

The MacKinnon family also legitimately did not want Nathan taking his classes online. there's nothing wrong with a parent being concerned for their 16 year olds education and you need to get over that if you're in the "UH HE JUST DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY IN CB UH." If the issue was "simple" it'd be resolved by now.
So him going to Omaha of the USHL (Arguably more travel) is going to be a better option for school than going to CB that has multiple scholastic players of the year (all french if I recall correctly?), other french students on the team, and a french school on the same street as the rink lol makes sense.

Old
07-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Raimu

First of the omaha thing I've heard

Old
07-21-2013, 09:07 PM
SPORTSMANIAC

Send a message via AIM to SPORTSMANIAC
I think it was Ryan Kennedy of the Hockey News who had that rumor a few weeks ago. The whole he doesn't want to go to school in Cape Breton or we will go to the USHL means he wants to get traded to a team within Quebec.

Someone in Roy's camp leaked that info to Kennedy in my opinion to force a trade and try to get the QMJHL involved to make sure a trade happen. We all know the league doesn't want to see the No. 1 pick to go to their competitor.

Just my two cents

SPORTSMANIAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:32 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

It's obvious, there's a French school there.

It's like Mackinnon, he wasn't going to BAC.

The league got involved.