HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

starting up a kids line

Old
10-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
starting up a kids line

Now that our top2 lines are done with(for now). Let's talk about bottom2 lines... I was talking at work with someone today who told me how stupid it was for Latendresse to play on the 3rd line againts other 1st lines or how illogical it was for him to be playing with Bégin and Downey when he makes plays that both players can't even figure out what he's trying to do. So i asked him what's your idea since he just kept yapping negative stuff , he told me to put him in Hamilton, witch i obviously told him he can't. Then he told me to call up Kostitsyn and and play him with Pleckanek and
Tender cause all 3 are young and have offensive potential, and it would be alot wiser to put Bégin with Bonk and Johnson cause he's much better defensively witch later i found to be a good idea

Higgins-Koivu- Ryder
Samsonov-Kovalev-Perezhogin
Bégin-Bonk-Johnson
Kostitsyn-Pleckanek-Latendresse

what do you guys think? obviously they woudn't be playing 20 min a game but i think this line has alot of potential and all of our great prospects are included

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:33 PM
jonboy18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post
Now that our top2 lines are done with(for now). Let's talk about bottom2 lines... I was talking at work with someone today who told me how stupid it was for Latendresse to play on the 3rd line againts other 1st lines or how illogical it was for him to be playing with Bégin and Downey when he makes plays that both players can't even figure out what he's trying to do. So i asked him what's your idea since he just kept yapping negative stuff , he told me to put him in Hamilton, witch i obviously told him he can't. Then he told me to call up Kostitsyn and and play him with Pleckanek and
Tender cause all 3 are young and have offensive potential, and it would be alot wiser to put Bégin with Bonk and Johnson cause he's much better defensively witch later i found to be a good idea

good idea but could add chip to the mix

that is a great idea but pleks add chip to the line
Higgins-Koivu- Ryder
Bégin-Bonk-Johnson

what do you guys think? obviously they woudn't be playing 20 min a game but i think this line has alot of potential and all of our great prospects are included

jonboy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

I'm thinking there's probably a reason why teams don't often go around constructing "kid lines". Anyway, as a typical HFBoards prospect fans, I guess I would find it fun in some ways. But at the same time, I hope we're competitive this year, and I don't see the crusty NHL veteran types like Gainey and Carbo being particularly likely to ever put such a line together? At least, not when there are clearly other more balanced options?

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:36 PM
jonboy18

good idea but could add chip to the line trade bonk and put pleks begin and marray

jonboy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:37 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume the great! View Post

Higgins-Koivu- Ryder
Bégin-Bonk-Johnson

Kostitsyn won't be called back. Murray or Downey will play on that 4th line. The rest of the lineup looks fine. I want Bégin to play on that third line too.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:41 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy18 View Post
good idea but could add chip to the line trade bonk and put pleks begin and marray
murray before johnson??...

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:44 PM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
The lineup the Canadiens have is very versatile, any given player can see his ice time reduced or his role changed depending on the situation. At the moment, I believe the team thinks it has a good chance at making some noise, I don't think we'll see a stricktly "kids" line, unless some injuries occur.

There are some capable and more mature players like Plekanec who I think could lead a line like this, but with a young and very inexperienced player like Latendresse, it'll be difficult to insert yet another rookie.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:58 PM
oli500

Last year the higgins-plekanec-perezhogin line did very well at the start of the season. I allways felt that when you play 3 rookies on the same line they play better because they all want to make an impresion and they play with more intensity. I allways fell that were not doing guys like latendresse and plekanec a favor when were putting them with vets because they dont want to make the vet look bad by doing a mistake so there intensity goes down a notch. I think playing plekanec and latendresse togheter along with another kid will be the perfect way to get them going.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
The lineup the Canadiens have is very versatile, any given player can see his ice time reduced or his role changed depending on the situation. At the moment, I believe the team thinks it has a good chance at making some noise, I don't think we'll see a stricktly "kids" line, unless some injuries occur.

There are some capable and more mature players like Plekanec who I think could lead a line like this, but with a young and very inexperienced player like Latendresse, it'll be difficult to insert yet another rookie.
ya maybe but it's our 4th line, witch says alot, it's a line that'l make us win games, but in 3 years, and i'm talking 8-10 min a game here plus Plecks playing on the pk with Bégin. I think it gives a chance to both rookies to learn the game playnig with guys with talent without the pressure of performing right away, but at a higher level then the AHL

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote