HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Latendresse (merged)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-30-2006, 12:42 PM
  #76
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I believe as Koivu does that lats is too strong for the Q.
Again he had a good camp. HE COUND NOT go to the AHL.
So what is your choice????
can he learn more back in the Q or can he learn more rubbing elbows with the NHL?? Thats the choice.

Carbo and Muller can coach him to success over the course of the year. Learning things he WOULD NOT have learned in the Q.

The pay off only starts when Latendresse HAS learned and starts to impose his game. Send him back down and you are assured that he is gone for 1 year and then starts his NHL learning. If he stays with the Habs he just might get his game going for the playoffs.

It's us that is wrong, our expectations. We all wish he would be ready right now and he is NOT. For the first time in recent memory the Habs have opted to bring a good prospect on early and have him learn as he goes along.
I disagree with a lot of you, the Habs could have a 22 man roster but Lats is there at 23rd. I find it most interesting game in and game out to see Lats every game instead of seeing him only on replays for the Q. It gives me a much better idea of what the prospects MUST learn and go through to get to the NHL.
BUT we all have to stop the " what has he done for me lately"
Expect him to make just about every rookie mistake and watch as Carbo and Muller handle him and teach him. See him slowly "GET" what he is tought and slowly get better. Timing,position,chemistry,work,vision and defence awareness.
Keep Begin as his ghost father so the kid does not get into trouble off the ice.
SO far the kid works hard, keeps his nose clean, listens to all the advice and is trying to impliment it. To ask more of him this early is ALL OUR FAULT.

Expect Kovy and Samsonov to produce more? YES 3.5 mil and 4mil and tons of NHL years YOU BET.

As long as Lats is learning and keeping his nose clean, for me he get a free pass until at least the playoffs and thats 70 games away. YEP A FREE PASS PEOPLE!
What I want in the end is a lagit HAB POWER FORWARD at say 22-23. Thats Carbo's game plan, at least i believe so
Excellent post !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:45 PM
  #77
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I don't see what past Habs prospects have to do with it. Unless you're saying that it should always be a policy that no junior aged players should ever play for us, no matter what?
And again, I don't see what last season in the Q or the WJC have to do with it. (Although statistically he had a fine season in the Q, and just making the WJC team is an achievement in itself). Look up Radulov's 18-year old season in the Q. Nothing too special there, eh, Latendresse's season kicked his butt. And Bergeron hardly had a standout season in the Q before walking into training camp and showing he was ready. Etc, etc. Anyway, as other posters have already said, you can play games with picking all kinds of other player examples for or against, and none of it means a thing because Latendresse simply came into camp and won a spot.
Wow, your comparing Lat to players he's nothing like. That really helps everyone believe that Lat is going to play better. Fact is, stating bergeron's stats everyones stats in the minors means F all. People have been picked in the last round and have been pro's when they played mediocre in the QMJHL etc. It depends on who you play with a lot of the time, it depends on so much different stuff.

If you didn't actually see the player play, stats mean nothing. Fact is, how well a player plays is something you see when you watch the game. Stats most of the time mean nothing.

Lat has improved a lot. He's gone from being not NHL ready to becoming very close to NHL ready in the course of like 10 games. His improvement is clear. It can be seen on the ice. Comparing him to other players who did were rushed into the NHL doesn't mean anything. I'm sure a lot of players who were rushed became superstars and surpassed 5x what latandresse's peak playing ability in the NHL will be.


Doesn't MEAN anything. Different player different situation.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:49 PM
  #78
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexeiKovalev27 View Post
Ditto. Not bashing Lats, but I never really loved him and since last year I smelled that tenderness wouldn't repeat and score 20+ goals even though he owned in the Jrs.

Some people really thought he'd be the savior and score lots of goals. I mean meh I hope the guy @ ckac is biting his nails now...

At least cannot hide I am happy he hits more. But iiiiii sloowwpoke!
Kostitsyn would probably have gotten points by now and by the end of the season... Instead we waste or time maturing a player who was at too low a level to play in the NHL. Fact is, Lat is getting closer to being NHL level, but he isn't and kostitsyn already was.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:49 PM
  #79
Evil Ted
Registered User
 
Evil Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Don't blame him, Don't blame the organization. Blame the situation.
No you blame the organization, why they kept a 19 year old kid who is no where near ready for the NHL, put him on the 2nd line 8 games into the season.

We had 3 rookies make the jump last season there really is no need to bring another one along this year, especially one who is no standout and hasnt played a game of pro hockey in his life.

We have numerous players in the AHL who could be called up to fill differnt roles, who have played the pro game and dont require babysitting.

Doesnt make any sense, blame the people who made the choices.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:52 PM
  #80
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Kostitsyn would probably have gotten points by now and by the end of the season... Instead we waste or time maturing a player who was at too low a level to play in the NHL. Fact is, Lat is getting closer to being NHL level, but he isn't and kostitsyn already was.
Are you sure that Kostisyn was ready ? He has not scored a single goal in the AHL so far this year... He is one of the numerous bad 1st round pick that the Habs had in the last 15 years !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:54 PM
  #81
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
I believe as Koivu does that lats is too strong for the Q.
Again he had a good camp. HE COUND NOT go to the AHL.
So what is your choice????
can he learn more back in the Q or can he learn more rubbing elbows with the NHL?? Thats the choice.

Carbo and Muller can coach him to success over the course of the year. Learning things he WOULD NOT have learned in the Q.

The pay off only starts when Latendresse HAS learned and starts to impose his game. Send him back down and you are assured that he is gone for 1 year and then starts his NHL learning. If he stays with the Habs he just might get his game going for the playoffs.

It's us that is wrong, our expectations. We all wish he would be ready right now and he is NOT. For the first time in recent memory the Habs have opted to bring a good prospect on early and have him learn as he goes along.
I disagree with a lot of you, the Habs could have a 22 man roster but Lats is there at 23rd. I find it most interesting game in and game out to see Lats every game instead of seeing him only on replays for the Q. It gives me a much better idea of what the prospects MUST learn and go through to get to the NHL.
BUT we all have to stop the " what has he done for me lately"
Expect him to make just about every rookie mistake and watch as Carbo and Muller handle him and teach him. See him slowly "GET" what he is tought and slowly get better. Timing,position,chemistry,work,vision and defence awareness.
Keep Begin as his ghost father so the kid does not get into trouble off the ice.
SO far the kid works hard, keeps his nose clean, listens to all the advice and is trying to impliment it. To ask more of him this early is ALL OUR FAULT.

Expect Kovy and Samsonov to produce more? YES 3.5 mil and 4mil and tons of NHL years YOU BET.

As long as Lats is learning and keeping his nose clean, for me he get a free pass until at least the playoffs and thats 70 games away. YEP A FREE PASS PEOPLE!
What I want in the end is a lagit HAB POWER FORWARD at say 22-23. Thats Carbo's game plan, at least i believe so

How do you know he keeps his nose clean???

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:58 PM
  #82
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
No you blame the organization, why they kept a 19 year old kid who is no where near ready for the NHL, put him on the 2nd line 8 games into the season.

We had 3 rookies make the jump last season there really is no need to bring another one along this year, especially one who is no standout and hasnt played a game of pro hockey in his life.

We have numerous players in the AHL who could be called up to fill differnt roles, who have played the pro game and dont require babysitting.

Doesnt make any sense, blame the people who made the choices.
BECAUSE HE CAN'T GO TO THE AHL, AND THE QMJHL WOULD NOT IMPROVE HIM IN ANYWAY.

No I do agree on a certain level but if you actually think logically, it's the logical thing to do. The players in the AHL are already improving daily. You think it'd be best to bring an AHLer up and keep Lats in the QMJHL when fact is he wouldn't learn jack? Rather he learns in the NHL and the AHLers keep learning, then 1 player is pretty much left out.

Kostitsyn and all of them will be even better come next year when they're brought up.

Fact is, you blame the situation. He couldn't go to the AHL so why blame the Habs management when there was nothing they could do but leave him in the QMJHL which would be a waste of time.

This way next season we could have Lat playing at an NHL level AND kostitsyn at an NHL level instead of just one or the other.

Why would you blame the organization for making an intelligent logical choice?

And you say " there really is no need to bring another one along this year", wrong.

Stop thinking about the team right now and actually think about the teams future. If they don't bring up at least one person who we can use NEXT season or trade next season or anything, then we may not have that strong a team next season.

If Montreal didn't bring up Lat, I suspect next season you'd be one of the people crying that they need somebody good to play forward and that they should've brought somebody up the season before. Watch and see how Lat performs next season and realize that if they hadn't brought him up this season, then next season when we'll probably in actuality really need him, he wouldn't be ready.

Montreal isn't a team building for the future anymore as much as before, but come on, you can't just avoid the future and think only about now.

That's how you get teams like Toronto that don't win the cup for 40+ years.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:02 PM
  #83
Evil Ted
Registered User
 
Evil Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
Are you sure that Kostisyn was ready ? He has not scored a single goal in the AHL so far this year... He is one of the numerous bad 1st round pick that the Habs had in the last 15 years !
How many pts has lats had in the AHL?

Oh wait thats right he doesnt need to play in the AHL I forgot hes so good he can come straight out of jr.

Kostytin would have made an impact already on the score sheet, other then a dumb penalty. He played 12 games with us last season and had 3 pts, wasnt given a chance to play on the 2nd line either, he played on 3rd and 4th.

Kosty has paid some dues, Latendresse just walked right onto the roster.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:04 PM
  #84
suffocator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
BECAUSE HE CAN'T GO TO THE AHL, AND THE QMJHL WOULD NOT IMPROVE HIM IN ANYWAY.

No I do agree on a certain level but if you actually think logically, it's the logical thing to do. The players in the AHL are already improving daily. You think it'd be best to bring an AHLer up and keep Lats in the QMJHL when fact is he wouldn't learn jack? Rather he learns in the NHL and the AHLers keep learning, then 1 player is pretty much left out.

Kostitsyn and all of them will be even better come next year when they're brought up.

Fact is, you blame the situation. He couldn't go to the AHL so why blame the Habs management when there was nothing they could do but leave him in the QMJHL which would be a waste of time.

This way next season we could have Lat playing at an NHL level AND kostitsyn at an NHL level instead of just one or the other.

Why would you blame the organization for making an intelligent logical choice?

And you say " there really is no need to bring another one along this year", wrong.

Stop thinking about the team right now and actually think about the teams future. If they don't bring up at least one person who we can use NEXT season or trade next season or anything, then we may not have that strong a team next season.

If Montreal didn't bring up Lat, I suspect next season you'd be one of the people crying that they need somebody good to play forward and that they should've brought somebody up the season before. Watch and see how Lat performs next season and realize that if they hadn't brought him up this season, then next season when we'll probably in actuality really need him, he wouldn't be ready.

Montreal isn't a team building for the future anymore as much as before, but come on, you can't just avoid the future and think only about now.

That's how you get teams like Toronto that don't win the cup for 40+ years.


good post!!!

suffocator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:07 PM
  #85
LeMAD
Registered User
 
LeMAD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,432
vCash: 500
No way Kostitsyn is good enough to take someone's spot on the three first lines...

LeMAD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:08 PM
  #86
RC51
Registered User
 
RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
Are you sure that Kostisyn was ready ? He has not scored a single goal in the AHL so far this year... He is one of the numerous bad 1st round pick that the Habs had in the last 15 years !
NO! You can't label Kostitsyn as a bad pick until he gets his shot.
Early bloomer NO, mid bloomer? maybe, late bloomer is still 2 years away.

People forget, IN the wjc he was dominant ( in his own language)
in the pre-season it was a tossup between Lats and Kost. If Lats could have been sent to the AHL, Kost would already BE with the Habs. Cercumstances puts him back in the AHL. "He is not tearing it up in the AHL", yea so! he did in the WJC and did well in pre season. I also hear his back is hurt a bit right now.
His work is good, but his current mates are perhaps not.
He will get his shot sometime this year ( injuries)
There is ONLY one thing I have against him, his english could be much better by now. If he does stick with the Habs later he will need it much more.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:08 PM
  #87
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
Are you sure that Kostisyn was ready ? He has not scored a single goal in the AHL so far this year... He is one of the numerous bad 1st round pick that the Habs had in the last 15 years !
If I were Kostitsyn and some dude who plays worse then me who got drafted later got picked to be on the team above me (the one who imo deserved to be brought up), I'd probably not be very motivated to play either. Especially considering the fact of Lat not being sent back down no matter what. Meaning... Kost can only be brought up with a major injury to one of our forwards.

Now answer me this. Knowing your not going to be brought up, that you've been in the AHL 2 years now, that you deserved to be brought up over the other guy. (Even though the decision makes sense from a management stand point, I'm sure it doesn't from Kostityn's.) Why would you make an effort knowing your not coming up when you could just make an effort the next training camp or once your brought up? Fact is I'd be pissed and I probably would be playing badly because it would be a major ego-shock to not get picked when you should've been.

Fact is, Kostitsyn will still be better cause he has AHL experience. He's also got NHL experience and he has a goal in the NHL. Something Lat doesn't have either of.

I wouldn't consider Kostitsyn a bad pick yet man. I'd more consider the possibility of Lat being a bad pick then Kostitsyn.

Plus when Russian players(Belarus w/e) aren't motivated they often don't perform. He has no reason to try other then the success of his team. Frankly, his team should be the habs, not ANY team from the AHL.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:09 PM
  #88
Lestriker
Registered User
 
Lestriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 811
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Lestriker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc View Post
I disagree. Latendresse is here to stay. Vincent Lecavalier played a whole year on the fourth line during his first year in Tampa. I guess he turned out ok...
Latendresse is not a 1st overall pick.

Lestriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:09 PM
  #89
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
How many pts has lats had in the AHL?

Oh wait thats right he doesnt need to play in the AHL I forgot hes so good he can come straight out of jr.

Kostytin would have made an impact already on the score sheet, other then a dumb penalty. He played 12 games with us last season and had 3 pts, wasnt given a chance to play on the 2nd line either, he played on 3rd and 4th.

Kosty has paid some dues, Latendresse just walked right onto the roster.
Agree'd. But I'm still not denying that the decision of Lat was a decision based on Logic.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:13 PM
  #90
oop007*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Walter View Post
Latendresse is not a 1st overall pick.
LOL Seriously. He was picked 2nd, and he's not even close to as talented as either of those players were in the QMJHL. I'd rather Lecavalier at his QMJHL skill, then Lat at his skill now...

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:16 PM
  #91
terreur
Registered User
 
terreur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,739
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
How many pts has lats had in the AHL?

Oh wait thats right he doesnt need to play in the AHL I forgot hes so good he can come straight out of jr.

Kostytin would have made an impact already on the score sheet, other then a dumb penalty. He played 12 games with us last season and had 3 pts, wasnt given a chance to play on the 2nd line either, he played on 3rd and 4th.

Kosty has paid some dues, Latendresse just walked right onto the roster.
Exact. They should of sent Lats back to Juniors after the 9 games trial and bring Kost up.

Because that wouldn't be bad for the team, and keeping Lats cant hurt the team.

If Kost plays bad? you can send him back to the AHL, replace him by Lapierre, Ferland trade or a player picked on Waiver.

If Lats plays bad we have to keep him for the entire season, he will be taking a spot on our roster and we will feel like if we have to make him play since not to ruin his development.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
  #92
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Agree'd. But I'm still not denying that the decision of Lat was a decision based on Logic.
Just because a decision is logical doesn't always mean that it's correct. He was chosen largely because he's big and physical, and that's almost unique on the present day Habs. It was hoped that he would be able to create traffic around the crease that would make it easier for his teammates to score or for him to put in rebounds but he hasn't mastered the knack yet. Nor has he shown much speed. Therefore, for the near future he'll continue to play mostly on the fourth line.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:19 PM
  #93
Evil Ted
Registered User
 
Evil Ted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Agree'd. But I'm still not denying that the decision of Lat was a decision based on Logic.
Well I think Latendresse had a bit to learn yet in the Q, he had a good year, but was no Radulov, and was benched at the WJC where boys play, not men boys. He could have had year where he dominated atleast, and then maybe he would deserve a spot right out of camp. Latendresse didnt do anything last season really, he was a disapointment in alot of areas.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:28 PM
  #94
suffocator
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 40
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ted View Post
Well I think Latendresse had a bit to learn yet in the Q, he had a good year, but was no Radulov, and was benched at the WJC where boys play, not men boys. He could have had year where he dominated atleast, and then maybe he would deserve a spot right out of camp. Latendresse didnt do anything last season really, he was a disapointment in alot of areas.

just to let you know, he got 43 goals in 51 games, but i assume that is a disappointment to you?

suffocator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:38 PM
  #95
RC51
Registered User
 
RC51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Just because a decision is logical doesn't always mean that it's correct. He was chosen largely because he's big and physical, and that's almost unique on the present day Habs. It was hoped that he would be able to create traffic around the crease that would make it easier for his teammates to score or for him to put in rebounds but he hasn't mastered the knack yet. Nor has he shown much speed. Therefore, for the near future he'll continue to play mostly on the fourth line.

AND Latendresse is learning more on the 4th line then he would in the Q.
This entire debate is Tenders fault. The normal process would have Tender learning and adding polish in the Q and graduating to the AHL. By showing he is ready for the AHL 1 year early he completely skrewed the HABS and many of you. It's all his fault that bastared is creating such an uproar. Kost would be with the Habs and Lats should still need that one more year in the Q.
This is what some of you are would have wanted??????? Which part of the word success can't you spell. As for RAdulov, well I guess the Habs should only bring up their 50 goal scores for the AHL.


Last edited by RC51: 10-30-2006 at 01:46 PM.
RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:53 PM
  #96
Empireshark
Registered User
 
Empireshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffocator View Post



just to let you know, he got 43 goals in 51 games, but i assume that is a disappointment to you?
That's nice that he scored lots of goals in juniour. In fact it's very positive that someday he MIGHT become an NHLer. However, taking shortcuts in a players development when he is clearly not needed on the roster since we have plenty of able bodied skaters in the AHL capabale of filling different roles on different lines, is just stupid and I blame Bob and Guy for folding to media pressure from the fallout last year when King Latendresse didn't make the roster. It also sends a bad message to the other players on the team in that as long as you're a media darling you don't have to work hard to earn a roster spot and if you aren't succeeding on that line and the media suggests that top 6 minutes are needed for this player to succeed then we'll bypass all the other players, give you more playing time, and punish a hard working player for your total lack of skills at this level. A player with Latendresses skill set needs to be on one of the top three lines and contributing in a positive way to be learning anything at all. Also, don't hand me this crap about Latendresse not being able to learn anything else in the Q, there are better players than him who were already cut by there respective NHL teams at training camp or have been sent back down to their juniour teams and I doubt that everyone else was wrong in doing so while the habs are correct.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:32 PM
  #97
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Even if you would write 50,000 posts about Latendresse, it won't change anything.

HE is in with the Habs this year to stay. He will learn more with the club than with his junior team. Sorry, he can't be sent to the AHL.

Next year, if he doen't perform, he can be sent down to Hamilton. Hopefully, he will have learned a lot this year and be ready and productive next year with the big boys in Montreal.

Let the GM Gainey and coach Carbonneau do their job, and bring the best out of this young man in the years to come.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:42 PM
  #98
Empireshark
Registered User
 
Empireshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
Even if you would write 50,000 posts about Latendresse, it won't change anything.

HE is in with the Habs this year to stay. He will learn more with the club than with his junior team. Sorry, he can't be sent to the AHL.

Next year, if he doen't perform, he can be sent down to Hamilton. Hopefully, he will have learned a lot this year and be ready and productive next year with the big boys in Montreal.

Let the GM Gainey and coach Carbonneau do their job, and bring the best out of this young man in the years to come.
Are you a Habs fan or a Latendresse fan? The NHL is not a development league and by giving a roster spot to a junior player they are not icing the best team possible. So if you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend that Gainey and Carboneau did not make a mistake on this one go ahead. Personally though, I've seen that Gainey and Carboneau can be swayed by the french media so I'm going to do my part and try and sway them into doing the right thing by exercising my free speech rights on the internet, even if it takes 50,000 posts.

Empireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:45 PM
  #99
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empireshark View Post
Are you a Habs fan or a Latendresse fan? The NHL is not a development league and by giving a roster spot to a junior player they are not icing the best team possible. So if you want to stick your head in the sand and pretend that Gainey and Carboneau did not make a mistake on this one go ahead. Personally though, I've seen that Gainey and Carboneau can be swayed by the french media so I'm going to do my part and try and sway them into doing the right thing by exercising my free speech rights on the internet, even if it takes 50,000 posts.
I am a Habs fan. And if you don't understand why really Latendresse stayed with the team, and still want to beleive that the media played such a big role, it's up to you. By doing so, you are showing a lot of disrespect for Gainey's and Carbo's judgment.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:48 PM
  #100
Little Nilan
Registered User
 
Little Nilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Praha
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 8,209
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by suffocator View Post



just to let you know, he got 43 goals in 51 games, but i assume that is a disappointment to you?
I thinkt he disappointments from that season stem more on the fact that he looked lazy and disintersted during the whole year. Also, the team started winning when he was not on the roster for a while. A few self-proclaimed knowlegdeable fans from Drummondville believe he wasn't very popular in the dressing room, nor with his coaches. Personally, I was disapointed with his lack of effort during that year and I thought he often relied on his linemates to create offense for him.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.