HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official YEG T.E.M.W.S. Thread. Local Edmonton News, No Politics

Old
06-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Senor Catface

vCash: 500
http://skreened.com/sketchscheme/mac...thing-edmonton

Funny.

Senor Catface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Oilception

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Catface View Post
I'd wear that hahah
Thanks for Sharing

Oilception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Man the outrage at an obvious jab at Calgary online is hilarious.

Valic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 1206
nvm.

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2013, 09:06 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senor Catface View Post
That is too good

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:21 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Gotta love Mayor Nenshi.

Quote:
Naheed Nenshi ‏@nenshi 5m
No machetes? Thanks for your help! MT @InfiniteWicked: coming from #yeg w/ 90 masks, 200prs of gloves, 3 cases of tape 10 cases of water.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 12:49 AM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Gotta love Mayor Nenshi.
he's pretty awesome

Old
06-29-2013, 12:58 AM
Dubnykov

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insta View Post
It's a joke about how over the top Calgary's media has been with how "amazingly well" they handled the flood. They are facetiously saying that if it happened in Edmonton, things would be just horrendous and the city would fall into anarchy.
Too bad it can't happen here since everything by a river is on a hill

Dubnykov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 03:33 AM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Can anyone tell me how exactly you go about switching utility retailers?

I'm with Epcor for power and Direct Enegy for gas and I'm pretty sure I can save money by switching to have both provided by Enmax. (At the very least it makes paying the bills easier)

Can I just call up Enmax, sign up for a plan and have them arrange the switch for me, or do I have to notify Direct Energy and Epcor myself separately and in advance? I'm not locked in to any type of contract so that wouldn't be an issue.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 05:32 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
Can anyone tell me how exactly you go about switching utility retailers?

I'm with Epcor for power and Direct Enegy for gas and I'm pretty sure I can save money by switching to have both provided by Enmax. (At the very least it makes paying the bills easier)

Can I just call up Enmax, sign up for a plan and have them arrange the switch for me, or do I have to notify Direct Energy and Epcor myself separately and in advance? I'm not locked in to any type of contract so that wouldn't be an issue.
Just call up Enmax and set up with them. Epcor and DE will end automatically as Enmax will notify the DSO (company that operates the wires, in this case EDTI) and EDTI will send a message to your current retailers about the change.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2013, 06:06 AM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrican View Post
Just call up Enmax and set up with them. Epcor and DE will end automatically as Enmax will notify the DSO (company that operates the wires, in this case EDTI) and EDTI will send a message to your current retailers about the change.
Thank you!

Also woops! I thought I posted this in the off topic thread. My bad.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2013, 09:09 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
IT'SSSSS TIME! Anyone watching UFC tonight?

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2013, 04:06 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Need some help.

Might be moving to YYC for work. Anybody recently do a move? Want to know things like difference in living...rent, food/groceries, utilities, etc.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2013, 04:26 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 0
http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/07/1...ll-to-edmonton

A lot to take in from this article, but potential for good ball in Edmonton again?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:08 AM
joestevens29

Maybe it's just me, but if you can get a 24mil project done for only 8mil of your money don't you have to do it if you are city council? That terwillegar footbridge sounds like a great idea, but Diotte as usual opposes and makes up numbers to back his side.

As a side note, for the love of good get truckers out of all 3 lanes on yellowhead. Again talk of making it a freeway comes up, but costs are high. For one month make it illegal for trucks to be lined up in all 3 lanes at 149st and lets see how things go.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post

A lot to take in from this article, but potential for good ball in Edmonton again?
I hate the mentality of the one poster in the article who says nobody in Edmonton wants to watch baseball. We get it, the city is a hockey city first and foremost. But to act like there isn't a market for other things is asinine. The Eskimos do just fine.

If there was a decent league and a properly marketed team, especially if the canal project brings people down there - it could thrive. In my opinion there is no better place in Edmonton to spend a summer evening than Telus Field. Watching the joke that is the Prospects appeals to nobody though.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 11:49 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
I hate the mentality of the one poster in the article who says nobody in Edmonton wants to watch baseball. We get it, the city is a hockey city first and foremost. But to act like there isn't a market for other things is asinine. The Eskimos do just fine.

If there was a decent league and a properly marketed team, especially if the canal project brings people down there - it could thrive. In my opinion there is no better place in Edmonton to spend a summer evening than Telus Field. Watching the joke that is the Prospects appeals to nobody though.
I like to play Baseball, not exactly that big of a fan on TV, but I went to a Capitals game on a nice Sunday afternoon and it was just an amazing afternoon.

Really wished I went to more games.

Old
07-18-2013, 12:21 PM
SephF
Thanks Smytty

Quote:
Maybe it's just me, but if you can get a 24mil project done for only 8mil of your money don't you have to do it if you are city council? That terwillegar footbridge sounds like a great idea, but Diotte as usual opposes and makes up numbers to back his side.

As a side note, for the love of good get truckers out of all 3 lanes on yellowhead. Again talk of making it a freeway comes up, but costs are high. For one month make it illegal for trucks to be lined up in all 3 lanes at 149st and lets see how things go.
That drives me absolutely insane, couple that with the fact that there's an intersection every 8 blocks with red lights, and those trucks take FOREVER to get up to speed from a full stop.... It takes so long to drive the yellowhead because of that.

Old
07-18-2013, 12:23 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post

Such a wonderful facility even without the Canal project. I don't even like baseball and I'd go to a few games just to sit in the stadium in the rivervalley and have a dog and a beer. More things to do around the area would be good though. The rossdale flat has a nice vibe to it and I like walking around there, just nothing much to do there yet.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:27 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
That drives me absolutely insane, couple that with the fact that there's an intersection every 8 blocks with red lights, and those trucks take FOREVER to get up to speed from a full stop.... It takes so long to drive the yellowhead because of that.
Yeah, its annoying behavior and basically antisocial behavior. Truckers weren't always like this. But truckers on preordained tight schedules are now more and more like this. Compounded is that yellowhead was stupidly devised with left hand, left lane turnouts at different locations along the route and still has multiple intersections and so some truckers have to be in the left lane for awhile on Yellowhead.

For a trucker an equally frustrating behavior is trying to get in the left lane for their exit, to have their left blinker on for 3 miles, and drivers immune to it whizzing past like its a racetrack. This being one reason why truckers often select their lane position miles before a required turn.

So sharing roadway works both ways. Most drivers never even think about the latter. They think slow truck=enemy and drive accordingly oblivious to any lane shift the trucker needs to do. If more people drove trucks or pulled trailers they might have more awareness.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 02:49 PM
lere2001

Quote:

That would be amazing !

lere2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
Such a wonderful facility even without the Canal project. I don't even like baseball and I'd go to a few games just to sit in the stadium in the rivervalley and have a dog and a beer. More things to do around the area would be good though. The rossdale flat has a nice vibe to it and I like walking around there, just nothing much to do there yet.
It truly is a great facility and underappreciated in Edmonton. I used to bring the lady, who hates sports and she just loved hanging out in the stands in the sun having a drink. We used to get a group of people who all loved hanging out there, and I was probably the only one that liked baseball in any way.

But everyone had a great time. Every time.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Hockey Nightmare

Being at Telus Field brings me back to the old days. It's like old time baseball the way it was meant to be. Location is everything.

Hockey Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 12:19 PM
Section337
HFBoards Sponsor

Kudos to the horse turd wranglers at today's parade!

Section337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:31 AM
Instant Rayman

I've never been to K-Days. Do they have claw machines there?

Instant Rayman is offline   Reply With Quote