HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs have spoken with Morrow

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-18-2013, 07:15 AM
  #726
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Multiple doctors stated that he was no where near 100%.
I'm sure we could find multiple doctors to confirm Gionta Pacioretty Prust and Price all played hurt in that series. That's on top of Eller and Emelin who played a combined 6:21 in that series.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 07:22 AM
  #727
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 27,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I'm sure we could find multiple doctors to confirm Gionta Pacioretty Prust and Price all played hurt in that series. That's on top of Eller and Emelin who played a combined 6:21 in that series.
Yeah, but Karlsson is the best player in the world.

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 08:49 AM
  #728
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,059
vCash: 500
This subject is a dead horse. It is over no morrow for Habs.

sampollock is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 08:58 AM
  #729
bsl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
The expectations for next year are already set so low. Unfortunately the players know this now as well.
NHL players will set their own expectations.

bsl is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 09:07 AM
  #730
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I'm sure we could find multiple doctors to confirm Gionta Pacioretty Prust and Price all played hurt in that series. That's on top of Eller and Emelin who played a combined 6:21 in that series.
Bottom line is Ottawa had injuries as well. And I thought Injuries were not an excuse?

gusfring is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 09:07 AM
  #731
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Spezza played 5 regular season games for the Sens that year. They had the entire season to cope without him, find a replacement, build chemistry, etc. For all intents and purposes, he wasn't even a part of their 2012-13 season. Considerably different from losing someone at the end of the year or in the playoffs.
Exactly. Sens adapted over the season. Habs never had that chance.

Yes, Spezza's absence was a serious loss, but Montreal was missing up to seven players during the series. And the petty excuses about Karlsson are ridiculous. He was healthy enough to play and had been back for a couple of weeks already. Not 100%? Give me a break. Bourque and Diaz were also not at 100% after their long injuries. Every damn team has players who are less than 100%. Habs were missing multiple players who couldn't play at all.

Geez... Ottawa built their entire season around being the Injured Team. Everyone shook their head in sympathy and MacLean won coach of the year because they were the Injured Team. But then their players came back. Come the playoffs, the injured team was us.

Lshap is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 09:08 AM
  #732
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
This subject is a dead horse. It is over no morrow for Habs.
As said months ago, we are going to go into next season with pretty much the same team.

gusfring is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 09:10 AM
  #733
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Exactly. Sens adapted over the season. Habs never had that chance.

Yes, Spezza's absence was a serious loss, but Montreal was missing up to seven players during the series. And the petty excuses about Karlsson are ridiculous. He was healthy enough to play and had been back for a couple of weeks already. Not 100%? Give me a break. Bourque and Diaz were also not at 100% after their long injuries. Every damn team has players who are less than 100%. Habs were missing multiple players who couldn't play at all.

Geez... Ottawa built their entire season around being the Injured Team. Everyone shook their head in sympathy and MacLean won coach of the year because they were the Injured Team. But then their players came back. Come the playoffs, the injured team was us.
And some who couldnt play at all but still did in Pacioretty.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 09:10 AM
  #734
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Exactly. Sens adapted over the season. Habs never had that chance.

Yes, Spezza's absence was a serious loss, but Montreal was missing up to seven players during the series. And the petty excuses about Karlsson are ridiculous. He was healthy enough to play and had been back for a couple of weeks already. Not 100%? Give me a break. Bourque and Diaz were also not at 100% after their long injuries. Every damn team has players who are less than 100%. Habs were missing multiple players who couldn't play at all.
Injuries were not the reason we lost.

We lost because:

-their Goalie totally outplayed ours
-they pushed us around
-their coach played all the right cards
-our PP sucked

gusfring is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 09:12 AM
  #735
poetryinmotion
Registered User
 
poetryinmotion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Injuries were not the reason we lost.

We lost because:

-their Goalie totally outplayed ours
-they pushed us around
-their coach played all the right cards
-our PP sucked
No.

What you are saying happened BECAUSE of the injuries. Well maybe not the pushing us around part but that is not the reason why we lost.

poetryinmotion is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 10:20 AM
  #736
Godzilla
Registered User
 
Godzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,129
vCash: 500
The truth is, all of the above reasons combined with injuries is why we lost. I don't think you could pinpoint ONE thing that was the major factor, but a combination of everything. No sense in arguing one factor over another.

Godzilla is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 10:46 AM
  #737
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Injuries were not the reason we lost.

We lost because:

-their Goalie totally outplayed ours
-they pushed us around
-their coach played all the right cards
-our PP sucked
Anderson outplayed Price in games one and three. Price outplayed Anderson in game two. Then it got weird.

Price outplayed Anderson in game four, until a kicked-in goal tied the game for Ottawa in the last minute. Price was hurt and that was it for him. Instead of a series tied 2-2, we went into OT missing our starting goalie, half our forwards and Emelin. Our PP sucked? No kidding...

Their coach made noises but had nothing to do with our health breakdown and our system breakdown in game-three.

When a team is heavily injured they don't win in the playoffs.

Lshap is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 10:47 AM
  #738
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Injuries were not the reason we lost.

We lost because:

-their Goalie totally outplayed ours
-they pushed us around
-their coach played all the right cards
-our PP sucked
Pretty much spot on.

Injuries is an excuse designed to minimize the lack of depth that the Habs have in this organization.

And the sad reality is that lack of depth, especially with our D, has yet to be addressed.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 01:04 PM
  #739
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,421
vCash: 500
Forget about Morrow's joining the Habs.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 01:21 PM
  #740
Hemlor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 719
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Pretty much spot on.

Injuries is an excuse designed to minimize the lack of depth that the Habs have in this organization.

And the sad reality is that lack of depth, especially with our D, has yet to be addressed.
I don't thiknk they are an excuse, they are a reason. Not the only reason, but a contributing factor. Generally, teams that succeed in the playoffs have relatively healthy rosters. Especially for a team like the Habs (At this point in their development cycle), for them to have succeeded in the playoffs they needed to be healthy, because they lack depth. When that didn't happen, they did not do well.

Hemlor is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 02:03 PM
  #741
SouthernHab
Registered User
 
SouthernHab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlor View Post
I don't thiknk they are an excuse, they are a reason. Not the only reason, but a contributing factor. Generally, teams that succeed in the playoffs have relatively healthy rosters. Especially for a team like the Habs (At this point in their development cycle), for them to have succeeded in the playoffs they needed to be healthy, because they lack depth. When that didn't happen, they did not do well.
It's an excuse.

Hockey is a physical sport and every team will have injuries. The teams with depth will overcome and be successful. Those that lack adequate depth capable of performing will suffer.

Sadly we are that team that lacked depth last season and if we start the season as is, will again be at a more significant disadvantage WHEN we have players injured.

SouthernHab is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 02:05 PM
  #742
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,274
vCash: 500
NO EXCUSES - reasons allowed... is that the motto?

Bottom line - Ottawa embarrassed us.

gusfring is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 02:12 PM
  #743
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score
 
Madam Kadri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maryland native
Country: United States
Posts: 6,449
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
It's an excuse.

Hockey is a physical sport and every team will have injuries. The teams with depth will overcome and be successful. Those that lack adequate depth capable of performing will suffer.

Sadly we are that team that lacked depth last season and if we start the season as is, will again be at a more significant disadvantage WHEN we have players injured.
Up to a point. If key player like a Doughty, Subban, or Crosby, gets hobbled and becomes less effective, there is no real way to "replace" that player and the team will likely suffer. But, with depth, at least the reserves are not total incompetents and you can play a "trap-like" defense-first style to squeeze out a win every night like Ottawa did last season.

Madam Kadri is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 02:38 PM
  #744
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,687
vCash: 500
There's no new info in over a week and this thread isn't even about Morrow anymore.

Close it down ?

Analyzer is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 02:40 PM
  #745
sampollock
Registered User
 
sampollock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: in my home
Posts: 7,059
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
NO EXCUSES - reasons allowed... is that the motto?

Bottom line - Ottawa embarrassed us.
agreed,

we had inj's , yes

but the guys hurt other then Prust were not going to push back,
and yet prust did more with 1/2 a body, then 80% of the team.

BIGGER IS BETTER, to let the smaller guys have some room

as the leafs how that worked for them, Kessel and other played better.

sampollock is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 02:53 PM
  #746
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,467
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
It's an excuse.

Hockey is a physical sport and every team will have injuries. The teams with depth will overcome and be successful. Those that lack adequate depth capable of performing will suffer.

Sadly we are that team that lacked depth last season and if we start the season as is, will again be at a more significant disadvantage WHEN we have players injured.
People like to repeat this bit of "conventional hockey wisdom" because it's been beaten into their heads for years, but it's simply not true. Going deep into the playoffs and winning the Cup requires staying healthy, which takes a huge amount of luck.

Tell me, what injuries did Chicago overcome this year? When did they have to rely upon this mythical "depth" that all winning teams have to turn to sooner or later? Of their 10 leading scorers and #1 goalie, all of them played every playoff game except Hossa (injured for 1), Keith (suspended for 1) and Stalberg (scratched for 4).

Over on the other side, Boston - all their top 10 scorers and their #1 goalie played every game except Peverley (missed 1) and Seidenberg (missed 4).

Meanwhile, over in Montreal, we played 5 games - out of our top 10 scorers, we were without Pacioretty (1 game), Eller (4 games) and Gionta (3 games). Our #1 goalie missed an overtime and a full game. Our 11th leading scorer was Prust, who also missed 1 game. Emelin, who won't crack any top scoring lists but is still valuable to the team, missed 5 games.

Already in 5 games we had more injuries than Chicago and Boston had in a combined 45 games (23 for CHI, 22 for BOS).

So please...I know it fits your argument that everything all the other teams do is better and everything the Habs do is awful, but try to have your arguments line-up even somewhat remotely with the plain facts.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 03:01 PM
  #747
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
It's an excuse.

Hockey is a physical sport and every team will have injuries. The teams with depth will overcome and be successful. Those that lack adequate depth capable of performing will suffer.

Sadly we are that team that lacked depth last season and if we start the season as is, will again be at a more significant disadvantage WHEN we have players injured.
Disagree. I may be wrong, but I'd guess that any team with sufficient number of missing players doesn't go far in the playoffs. At that point it's no longer a question of depth. When your team is forced to ice minor-leaguers and scrubs, it's no longer really your team.

Find me an exception when a team missing six or seven key players won a Cup or even went deep. There may be one, I just can't think of it.

As to this "No excuses" thing, sorry, but that slogan applies to how the team plays, prepares and adapts to games. It doesn't apply to injured players who aren't in the game. There is a very real difference between an explanation and an excuse.

Lshap is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 03:03 PM
  #748
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
People like to repeat this bit of "conventional hockey wisdom" because it's been beaten into their heads for years, but it's simply not true. Going deep into the playoffs and winning the Cup requires staying healthy, which takes a huge amount of luck.

Tell me, what injuries did Chicago overcome this year? When did they have to rely upon this mythical "depth" that all winning teams have to turn to sooner or later? Of their 10 leading scorers and #1 goalie, all of them played every playoff game except Hossa (injured for 1), Keith (suspended for 1) and Stalberg (scratched for 4).

Over on the other side, Boston - all their top 10 scorers and their #1 goalie played every game except Peverley (missed 1) and Seidenberg (missed 4).

Meanwhile, over in Montreal, we played 5 games - out of our top 10 scorers, we were without Pacioretty (1 game), Eller (4 games) and Gionta (3 games). Our #1 goalie missed an overtime and a full game. Our 11th leading scorer was Prust, who also missed 1 game. Emelin, who won't crack any top scoring lists but is still valuable to the team, missed 5 games.

Already in 5 games we had more injuries than Chicago and Boston had in a combined 45 games (23 for CHI, 22 for BOS).

So please...I know it fits your argument that everything all the other teams do is better and everything the Habs do is awful, but try to have your arguments line-up even somewhat remotely with the plain facts.
Yeah! What he said! You tell 'em!

Lshap is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 05:39 PM
  #749
Redux91
I do Three bullets.
 
Redux91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Montreal West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,571
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Man, ...what is this thread even ABOUT anymore??

Redux91 is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 05:45 PM
  #750
BigDaddyLurch
Deleted Posts Leader
 
BigDaddyLurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Exiled from Reality
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,028
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Man, ...what is this thread even ABOUT anymore??
Morrow...can't you read the title??...

BigDaddyLurch is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.