HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)

Patrick Kane vs John Tavares vs Jonathan Toews vs Taylor Hall

View Poll Results: Who would you want for your team?
Patrick Kane 39 12.26%
John Tavares 163 51.26%
Jonathan Toews 87 27.36%
Taylor Hall 29 9.12%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-18-2013, 09:05 AM
Spitsfan67*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogie42 View Post
if this season went the full 82 JT would of had over a point per game wouldnt he?
No he wouldn't have he had 47 points in 48 games , everyone else had more points and EVERYONE had a better plus minus...

Tavares is overrated PERIOD

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:05 AM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about.
actually i do. ive seen plenty games of him

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:06 AM
lboogie42*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
No he wouldn't have he had 47 points in 48 games , everyone else had more points and EVERYONE had a better plus minus...

Tavares is overrated PERIOD
ohhh. well still close to a ppg. Give him 3 years and this poll will be a blowout in JTs favor.

lboogie42* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Kurtosis
Lolla Approaching

John Tavares is now taking the mantle of most overrated player on HFBoards.

Last edited by Kurtosis: 07-18-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
He drives the Hawks offense. And he was on a terrible line all year. Still led the conference in scoring. Sharp was injured and snakebitten the majority of the season. Bolland was injured and ineffective when he was playing. And don't say he did it because of the PP, the Hawks PP is horrid. I guess those random 10 second shifts with Toews because of line changes carried him.

Trance Kuja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:07 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Well do you pay attention to the other three players or just JT?

Because Hall Had a Way better season then Tavares and Hall will finish with more points then him again(if full 82 Games).

Old
07-18-2013, 09:10 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
ohhh. well still close to a ppg. Give him 3 years and this poll will be a blowout in JTs favor.
HAHAH WRONG

hall will win flat out, again what the hell has JT done in the nhl career to be a notch ahead of everyone? EVERYONE INCLUDING HALL have had a more impressive season then him and JT IS THE ONLY Player to never average a point per game during a season.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
John Tavares is now taking the mantle of mos overrated player on HFBoards.
Ding! Ding! Ding!

-We Have a Winner, he's very overrated, if JT had a 95+ Point season already then yes he's a step ahead of everyone on this list, But he has never averaged a point per game in a season through his NHL Career and people are putting him just under Malkin, Crosby, Stamkos and that's a huge joke.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Macch

Wow. Lots of angry Blackhawk fans in here. Do you guys really care that much about a stupid HF poll?

Macch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:22 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
Wow. Lots of angry Blackhawk fans in here. Do you guys really care that much about a stupid HF poll?
I'm not angry at all. I just dislike when people spew nonsense. And Tavares is one of my favorite players. I'm not hating on him.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Kurtosis
Lolla Approaching

Quote:
We have to be angry about something and why not some of the nonsense in this thread.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:26 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
I'm not angry at all. I just dislike when people spew nonsense. And Tavares is one of my favorite players. I'm not hating on him.
I hate when people say Tavares is the most overrated player when they most likely haven't really seen him play and just go by stats. Say he isn't a PPG player, when he had 1 less point per game in back to back seasons.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:28 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
I hate when people say Tavares is the most overrated player when they most likely haven't really seen him play and just go by stats. Say he isn't a PPG player, when he had 1 less point per game in back to back seasons.
That was used against Toews all the time, and it was annoying. Since Toews has had a PPG season finally, it's time for retribution. I watch the Islanders a lot, and I've already stated I think Tavares can get 100+ points, but the point remains that he hasn't yet.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:32 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
That was used against Toews all the time, and it was annoying. Since Toews has had a PPG season finally, it's time for retribution. I watch the Islanders a lot, and I've already stated I think Tavares can get 100+ points, but the point remains that he hasn't yet.
True, but he also hasn't played with a legit 1st line winger yet. I know that's an excuse or whatever you want to call it, but it's the truth. This thread isn't who is better now, it's who would you rather have moving forward.

I don't have a problem with anyone saying they would rather have Kane, Hall, Toews, the problem I have is that Tavares is winning and now he's considered overrated.

As an Isles fan I wouldn't trade him for any of those guys; I'm sure you wouldn't trade Toews for Tavares, and that's fine.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:33 AM
rileymac79

What I dont understand is how he's considered overrated? Maybe it's just the fact that everyone agrees that he's that good.

rileymac79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
True, but he also hasn't played with a legit 1st line winger yet. I know that's an excuse or whatever you want to call it, but it's the truth. This thread isn't who is better now, it's who would you rather have moving forward.
I won't call it an excuse, but you can't just add hypothetical points to him, even though that might be the reason. And to be fair, the OP mentions a lot of things rather than just who you'd take going forward. He also mentions for a Cup run. It's sorta confusing.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:40 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
I won't call it an excuse, but you can't just add hypothetical points to him, even though that might be the reason. And to be fair, the OP mentions a lot of things rather than just who you'd take going forward. He also mentions for a Cup run. It's sorta confusing.
No, I don't add points to him, however he would be a better player if he had better linemates. At the end of the year he wasn't playing that well and was turning the puck over a little too much because he had to do pretty much all the work. When you have Brad Boyes and Matt Moulson on your line it's tough to reach your potential.

In the playoffs, they put Bailey on his line instead of Moulson, and he looked much better. When you have 2 players(Moulson and Boyes) who are terrible defensively and can't carry the puck up the ice, it's a bit of a problem. Brad Boyes was the most frustrating player to watch because he constantly turned the puck over as soon as they got into the opponents zone. Should be interesting to see who he plays with this year, I hope Bailey and Bouchard/Strome.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:43 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
No, I don't add points to him, however he would be a better player if he had better linemates.
Or he wouldn't be. It hasn't happened yet, that's all I'm saying. And honestly, I think he breaks 90 next season. I hope Kane does too. He was on pace for it, but sadly it was a shortened season.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:47 AM
Chelios

Quote:
I don't think Hawk fans are angry. 3 Conference finals in 5 years and 2 cups in 4 years has a unique calming affect I can't speak for the rest of the Hawk fans, but the reason I am involved in this argument at all is that it absolutely amazes me how Tavares can consistently win polls against players that are undoubtably better than him with absolutely no evidence to back it up. It is amazing when you think about it.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 09:51 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
The reason I am involved in this argument at all is that it absolutely amazes me how Tavares can consistently win polls against players that are undoubtably better than him with absolutely no evidence to back it up. It is amazing when you think about it.
I hope and think Kane will get 90 points next season. I'm not saying he simply would with better linemates. And that's what the Tavares argument is, just saying he'd get way more points. Let's just wait until that happens. Until then, he shouldn't win these polls.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:55 AM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
I don't think Hawk fans are angry. 3 Conference finals in 5 years and 2 cups in 4 years has a unique calming affect I can't speak for the rest of the Hawk fans, but the reason I am involved in this argument at all is that it absolutely amazes me how Tavares can consistently win polls against players that are undoubtably better than him with absolutely no evidence to back it up. It is amazing when you think about it.
Exactly though, Hawks are a GREAT team. Isles have been a lottery team 4 out of 5 years.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:59 AM
rileymac79

So many people are all disgruntled over a poll result on HFboards. Thank god my life hasn't come to this. PHEWWW

Old
07-18-2013, 10:09 AM
Kurtosis
Lolla Approaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileymac79 View Post
So many people are all disgruntled over a poll result on HFboards. Thank god my life hasn't come to this. PHEWWW
It's a message board where people argue their points. What's yours?

Old
07-18-2013, 10:13 AM
rileymac79

when the same people are arguing the same points for 10 pages, it gets a little sad.

Old
07-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
I've seen him play live 25+ times and watched him on tv alot and he's really good but he is overrated, I mean common he's not in the same class as Crosby, Malkin and Stamkos, he's never had an amazing season to put him there he's right in the same activity as Hall and Taylor has actually had better seasons(PPG) then JT, and this season had more points in less games and had a better plus minus on a way crappier team.him leading this poll by that much is just stupid...