HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Patrick Kane vs John Tavares vs Jonathan Toews vs Taylor Hall

View Poll Results: Who would you want for your team?
Patrick Kane 39 12.26%
John Tavares 163 51.26%
Jonathan Toews 87 27.36%
Taylor Hall 29 9.12%
Voters: 318. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileymac79 View Post
when the same people are arguing the same points for 10 pages, it gets a little sad.
This is a thread with a specific subject. Do you want us to talk about how we prefer Nolan's Batman trilogy over other Batman films? I don't understand.

Trance Kuja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Macch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I've seen him play live 25+ times and watched him on tv alot and he's really good but he is overrated, I mean common he's not in the same class as Crosby, Malkin and Stamkos, he's never had an amazing season to put him there he's right in the same activity as Hall and Taylor has actually had better seasons(PPG) then JT, and this season had more points in less games and had a better plus minus on a way crappier team.him leading this poll by that much is just stupid...

Sorry to single out Blackhawk fans. Oiler fans are ******** too

Macch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 11:23 AM
rileymac79

vCash: 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
This is a thread with a specific subject. Do you want us to talk about how we prefer Nolan's Batman trilogy over other Batman films? I don't understand.
nah not a huge "Batman" fan, just keep arguing about "what ifs"

rileymac79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
nah not a huge "Batman" fan, just keep arguing about "what ifs"
We're not arguing what ifs. We're calling people out on their what if scenarios. You know, for a person who's so against this thread, you're not even paying attention to it.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:27 AM
rileymac79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trance Kuja View Post
We're not arguing what ifs. We're calling people out on their what if scenarios. You know, for a person who's so against this thread, you're not even paying attention to it.
paying attention is overrated.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Chelios

Quote:
when the same people are arguing the same points for 10 pages, it gets a little sad.
What is sad is someone clicking on a thread titled "Patrick Kane vs John Tavares vs Jonathan Toews vs Taylor Hall", reading it for 10 pages and then complaining that people are arguing over the exact subject that the thread is about.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 11:30 AM
rileymac79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelios View Post
What is sad is someone clicking on a thread titled "Patrick Kane vs John Tavares vs Jonathan Toews vs Taylor Hall", reading it for 10 pages and then complaining that people are arguing over the exact subject that the thread is about.
That is pretty sad, I'm a glass case of emotions.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:32 AM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by lboogie42 View Post
ohhh. well still close to a ppg. Give him 3 years and this poll will be a blowout in JTs favor.
That very well may be the case, and it may be deserved. But there is no way it should be a blowout right now... but it is.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:35 AM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19NYSports91 View Post
I hate when people say Tavares is the most overrated player when they most likely haven't really seen him play and just go by stats. Say he isn't a PPG player, when he had 1 less point per game in back to back seasons.
This post is ironic since I bet 95% of the people voting Tavares in this poll have not seen a significant amount of the other 3 players.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:51 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macch View Post
Sorry to single out Blackhawk fans. Oiler fans are ******** too
I'm not a fan of any of the teams, I'm pointing out the obvious and people overrate Tavares... He's a great player but he's in the same catigory as Hall right now Because Tavares has done absolutely nothing to be a notch abead and that's the truth, if he puts up 100 + points this season then yes he will take the next step to elite.

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 11:52 AM
rileymac79

Quote:
I'm not a fan of any of the teams, I'm pointing out the obvious and people overrate Tavares... He's a great player but he's in the same catigory as Hall right now Because Tavares has done absolutely nothing to be a notch abead and that's the truth, if he puts up 100 + points this season then yes he will take the next step to elite.
he's been to the playoffs, has Hall?

Old
07-18-2013, 11:54 AM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
He's won two Mem cups in junior along with being the MVP in Back to Back Memorial cups, he has averaged a point per game during a season in the NHL,Has Tavares?....

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 11:56 AM
rileymac79

Quote:
He's won two Mem cups in junior along with being the MVP in Back to Back Memorial cups, he has averaged a point per game during a season in the NHL,Has Tavares?....
you really want me to start with JT's junior hockey accomplishments?

Old
07-18-2013, 11:59 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Exactly though, Hawks are a GREAT team. Isles have been a lottery team 4 out of 5 years.
Being the top forwards on 2 Stanley Cup winners in your first 6 years ij the league is positive, not a negative. Nobody discounts Gretzky, Bossy, Beliveau, Richard, etc. for playing on "stacked teams". Kane and Toews are why the hawks are so stacked.

WarriorofTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Chelios

Quote:
So let me get this straight: Tavares' 6 playoff games are enough to put him ahead of Hall, and yet Toews' and Kane's 2 cups and 2 Conn Smythes cannot enter into the conversation at all?

Old
07-18-2013, 12:03 PM
Trance Kuja
Global Moderator

Quote:
So let me get this straight: Tavares' 6 playoff games are enough to put him ahead of Hall, and yet Toews' and Kane's 2 cups and 2 Conn Smythes cannot enter into the conversation at all?
Now you're getting it.

Old
07-18-2013, 12:07 PM
rileymac79

Quote:
um well I agree that 2 Cups and 2 Conn Smythes should be taken into account..it's tough to win a cup, let alone twice.. so if I seen Kane or Toews leading this poll I wouldn't argue that. I voted Tavares not because of the present but because of what I think he'll become.. and he's a player I would want to build my team around for the future. But h*ll I'd take any of these players, I dont think this poll has a wrong answer...its solely your opinion.

Old
07-18-2013, 12:13 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

vCash: 50
Oilers fan picking Tavares

His offensive advantage over Toews will widen as he gets better linemates

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:15 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
This post is ironic since I bet 95% of the people voting Tavares in this poll have not seen a significant amount of the other 3 players.
I bet most people have seen Kane and Toews play A LOT more than Tavares.

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:16 PM
rileymac79

Quote:
I bet most people have seen Kane and Toews play A LOT more than Tavares.
yeah no kidding, they were in the Stanley cup finals.. and the Islanders play in SD all the time. lol

Old
07-18-2013, 12:18 PM
19NYSports91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorofTime View Post
Being the top forwards on 2 Stanley Cup winners in your first 6 years ij the league is positive, not a negative. Nobody discounts Gretzky, Bossy, Beliveau, Richard, etc. for playing on "stacked teams". Kane and Toews are why the hawks are so stacked.
When did I ever say anything negative about Kane and Toews?

19NYSports91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:19 PM
Chelios

Quote:
um well I agree that 2 Cups and 2 Conn Smythes should be taken into account..it's tough to win a cup, let alone twice.. so if I seen Kane or Toews leading this poll I wouldn't argue that. I voted Tavares not because of the present but because of what I think he'll become.. and he's a player I would want to build my team around for the future. But h*ll I'd take any of these players, I dont think this poll has a wrong answer...its solely your opinion.
See this is what I have an issue with. Tavares simply has not done anything thus far in his career to suggest he will be any better than Toews or Kane. Nothing. That has been illustrated pretty clearly when looking at their point totals, points in their 1st 4 seasons, and points in their most recent 2-3 seasons. Not only have Toews and Kane produced just as well as Tavares offensively, no matter how you want to parse the stats, they have shown they can do so in the playoffs and have 2 cups and 2 Conn Smythes to show for it (1 of which came before the age that Tavares is now). Taking him going forward simply cannot be grounded in what each of them has accomplished in their careers thus far, and can only be attributed to subjective feelings and/or make belief scenarios where he would have produced more. That is all fine, and no doubt there would be some voting on this poll that would vote for Tavares for those reasons (whether they admit it or not is another thing all together), but for him to be not just winning this poll, but running away with it is absolutely ludicrous.

Old
07-18-2013, 12:20 PM
rileymac79

This is an opinion based thread. Who would YOU rather build your team around?

If you picked Tavares good, you have valid reasons to
If you picked Kane good, you have valid reasons to
If you picked Toews good, you have valid reasons to
If you picked Hall good, you have valid reasons to

Old
07-18-2013, 12:21 PM
Chelios

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5RingsAndABeer View Post
Oilers fan picking Tavares

His offensive advantage over Toews will widen as he gets better linemates
What advantage? He has not shown an offensive advantage up until this point. He may in the future, but he certainly has not shown it yet.

Old
07-18-2013, 12:22 PM
rileymac79

Quote:
See this is what I have an issue with. Tavares simply has not done anything thus far in his career to suggest he will be any better than Toews or Kane. Nothing. That has been illustrated pretty clearly when looking at their point totals, points in their 1st 4 seasons, and points in their most recent 2-3 seasons. Not only have Toews and Kane produced just as well as Tavares offensively, no matter how you want to parse the stats, they have shown they can do so in the playoffs and have 2 cups and 2 Conn Smythes to show for it (1 of which came before the age that Tavares is now). Taking him going forward simply cannot be grounded in what each of them has accomplished in their careers thus far, and can only be attributed to subjective feelings and/or make belief scenarios where he would have produced more. That is all fine, and no doubt there would be some voting on this poll that would vote for Tavares for those reasons (whether they admit it or not is another thing all together), but for him to be not just winning this poll, but running away with it is absolutely ludicrous.
omg get over it pal, its an opinion based thread. I'd rather have Tavares going forward.. you're not going to change MY opinion.