HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

According to Me, TSN Talks out of it's "You Know What"

Old
10-30-2006, 02:29 PM
oop007*

vCash: 500
According to Me, TSN Talks out of it's "You Know What"

First of all. The beginning of the season they said the habs and TO wouldn't even be serious contenders. That TO would place 11th and MTL would place 12th.

A) RayCroft is a good goalie and a team with 20mil defense and RayCroft won't place less then 10th. Infact I'm pretty sure TO is securing 8th this season an Montreal probably 6th.

B) I know it's still the start of the season but we haven't been playing easy teams.

C) Boston is a free 8 wins (practically, especially since Huet is 8/9 against Boston).

Second of all. They always say "Huet will play in nets tonight" or "Samsanov will be on the 4th line"

A) Samsanov was on the 3rd line that night not 4th.

B) Like 75% of the time now when they say a habs goalie will be in nets, it's the other goalie.

Come on guys. Get your facts straight or don't post them at all. (Referring to TSN)
Don't form opinions on teams based on bias.

I know there can be last minute decisions with goaltending. But it just seems like everytime I read on TSN huet is in nets, it's Abeischer. But everytime I read Abiescher will be in nets, it's Huet.

So bottom line:

Are the Habs changing goaltending decisions right before the game nearly every game? Or is TSN getting wrong info.

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:39 PM
SOLR

Its been 2 games for each goalies since the start.

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:43 PM
oop007*

So like 4 games total that they were wrong about?

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Artie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Second of all. They always say "Huet will play in nets tonight" or "Samsanov will be on the 4th line"

A) Samsanov was on the 3rd line that night not 4th.

Carbo announced that Sammy was moving to the 4th line then changed his mind just before the game.

Artie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 03:02 PM
Habs4Lyfe
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Are the Habs changing goaltending decisions right before the game nearly every game? Or is TSN getting wrong info.
actually...it seems as if Carbo announces the starting goalie for a game after the morning practice the day before a game

Habs4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 03:17 PM
habsfan11

TSN goes by what the coach says and what the lines are at the practice.... don't read it if you don't want to know who the coach says is starting... you can't hold them accountable for gametime changes to the line-up

As for predictions, they are just that, a prediction. Most people in the hockey world picked the leafs to finish outside the playoffs and the habs to struggle to get in. You should take your beef up with every expert who made that call.

Just because a wesite reports what the coach says at a press conference doesn't mean they are bais against the habs. They show more habs games then anyother team in the NHL.

habsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Shabutie

Unless Huet won 3 games against the Bruins when he was in LA, you're mistaken. He's won 5/6 vs Boston with the Habs.

Oh and for the record, TSN has been correct about the goalie every single time this season and RDS was wrong once I believe.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 03:42 PM
RussCourtnallsGhost

TSN and RDS are probably the best sources out there, so if you're complaining about them, you'll probably complain about everything. TSN simply reports the information that the hockey club gives them (aka Samsonov on the fourth), and clearly labels ANY speculation that might be made by its columnists.

RussCourtnallsGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 04:17 PM
bjac

From what I have read, TSN is the best source out there... What they put on their site is almost always right on the money. RDS is an okay source, but they have their blunders (like last year when they had said that Parrish had been traded when he clearly hadn't during early in the trade deadline).

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:57 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Look I am not a huge fan of some of the tsn article writers, but what do you want from them? Like I get mad at times too, but they make PREDICTIONS. They have 8 teams in the east making the playoff and 7 massing. They predict what will happen. If they were right all the time, shouldn't they be stock market analyst or something that will take there EXTREME talent to a whole new level?

GO HABS!!!

CrAzYNiNe is offline   Reply With Quote