HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

why is micheal ryder not mentioned for the Calder

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2004, 11:27 AM
BruinsGirl

vCash: 500
Ok...as a member of this little homer thread..
I would like to add 3 Raycroft's wins this week. He let in 2 goals in 3 games ( 1 goal in 2 games against Detroit!). Bergeron also added couple of goals.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Vlad The Impaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Hemorrhage
So long as Pitkanen or Hunter wins the award at this point, "the right guy" definitely won the award. If it's not one of these guys, then I will be doing a triple-take at the poll results, and sue the writers for whiplash. Both are far more deserving than their other constituents. Give me Pitkanen or Hunter.
That doesn't make sense. You're going to flip bacon-style if one of two guys who have been solid but have *not* distanced themselves from the competition may not win an award even though you feel in your Islander-world thinking they deserve it after HALF a season?

Premature at this point.

Personally, I've said I think it will come down between Hunter and Ryder. Not Pitkanen. But I'm not going to flip about the result until I know what the FULL season has looked like.

Because that's how it works.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:30 AM
Habsaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl
Ok...as a member of this little homer thread..
I would like to add 3 Raycroft's wins this week. He let in 2 goals in 3 games ( 1 goal in 2 games against Detroit!). Bergeron also added couple of goals.
Raycroft is very deserving of the Calder, problem is that its a great year for the league rookie wise.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:44 AM
BruinsGirl

With so many deserving youngsters it should be couple of trophies...or at least some kind of recognition.

Imagine if the difference at the end of the year will be just a few points?

As I see it now Pitkanen,Hunter,Bergeron,Raycroft and Ryder are all deserving candidates. We'll see what will happen in the second part of the season.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:56 AM
#44_delivers

Quote:
With so many deserving youngsters it should be couple of trophies...or at least some kind of recognition.

As I see it now Pitkanen,Hunter,Bergeron,Raycroft and Ryder are all deserving candidates. We'll see what will happen in the second part of the season.
true they are all deserving. but wich player has had the most positive impact on his team in his first season thats what its all about, if the bruins start raking up points and raycrofts in net he'll be deeply considered, as for now no one and i mean no one has had as much positive impact on his team then trent hunter his gw's and +/- stats show that well. hes truely helped the isles in a big way this season. on the other spectrum pitkanens impact for his team has been minimal.
ryder has a very good chance as well but he has to do it shearly with points, which he is more then capable of doing. great player, fun to watch.
overall sum great rookies comming out this season thats for sure.

Old
01-10-2004, 11:57 AM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
That doesn't make sense. You're going to flip bacon-style if one of two guys who have been solid but have *not* distanced themselves from the competition may not win an award even though you feel in your Islander-world thinking they deserve it after HALF a season?

Premature at this point.

Personally, I've said I think it will come down between Hunter and Ryder. Not Pitkanen. But I'm not going to flip about the result until I know what the FULL season has looked like.

Because that's how it works.
Well said

Old
01-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Blackshad

At least its a good seasons for rookies nice too see

Old
01-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:

They'll all be recognized on the all-rookie team.

F Ryder
F Hunter
F Bergeron
D Pitkanen
D ?
G Raycroft

Old
01-10-2004, 01:38 PM
J-D

The other D-man could probably be J-M Liles...

Closed Thread