HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Ever actually been to Bingo?

Old
12-07-2012, 04:26 PM
jbeck5

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
super easy to get autographs. i recommend going during the practices i don't know about warm-ups, but after the game should be fine too. if you ask some fans they'll point you in the right direction. the best part about their old arena is it has an area outside the locker room that the players go through to go on the ice that you're allowed to go to.

i haven't been there in a while, but that was how it was last time i went.
What are the odds of getting autographs,chatting up the players, and finding out which bar they go to after the game and going out to drink with them? (i'm a 23 yr old jockish guy...not some old fat bald man the players would be scared of)

I'm thinking of going down with my buds. I saw bunch of senators at Cabin after last season, but before the playoffs. Had drinks and chatted with zack smith and others.

Would this be easy enough to do considering it's a small town and there's only likely a handful of bars that the players would go to. I just love talking to players about the AHL/NHL and chirping other guys with them. It's funny. Anyways, let me know what to expect. Thanks.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 04:39 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
What are the odds of getting autographs,chatting up the players, and finding out which bar they go to after the game and going out to drink with them? (i'm a 23 yr old jockish guy...not some old fat bald man the players would be scared of)

I'm thinking of going down with my buds. I saw bunch of senators at Cabin after last season, but before the playoffs. Had drinks and chatted with zack smith and others.

Would this be easy enough to do considering it's a small town and there's only likely a handful of bars that the players would go to. I just love talking to players about the AHL/NHL and chirping other guys with them. It's funny. Anyways, let me know what to expect. Thanks.
i think someone posted where the players usually go in the bsens season thread. i know i read it somewhere. i'm sure the people that live there/frequently go to games would know

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:22 PM
stigs17

Binghamton is not going to win any awards for beauty, but the core has a nice array of bars and some decent hotels (I prefer the Riverwalk hotel, 7 minutes on foot to the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, 2 minutes to the Water St. Brewing Co. and nicely refurbished in 2010). The fans are rabid and very blue collar, good chance you'll have a yeller in your ear all night even in a dominant win. Concessions are reasonable, and one can get game-used sticks from NHLers in the shop for $50.

I typically try to hit up the AHL standard 3 games in 2 nights and combine with Syracuse. It's particularly attractive when SU football plays a Saturday afternoon game in October or November - an experience well worth checking out (and a beautiful campus walk). Carousel mall is usually on the hit list and Syracuse has a very pleasant zoo just west of downtown. The Pro Boxing Hall of Fame in Canastota (25 minutes east of Syracuse just off the I-90) is small but memorable with knowledgeable staff.

Can't speak to where the players frequent in Bingo. Even the odd time I see a player, I'm more the type to let them be in their downtime. As part of their elaborate promotions, the BSens do have signature nights and skates with the players.

stigs17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:37 PM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
I think they'd be scared of any dude who is trying to chat them up. Never know when that dude will not take no for an answer and slip 'em a roofie. Then the next morning they're chained in a basement dressed in black leather chaps and nothing else.

WilderPegasus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Ed Wood

I hate when that happens.

Ed Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 06:56 PM
v-man

Quote:
I know a few years ago many of them hit up Uncle Tony's a few blocks north of the arena after the games, but I don't know if that's still the case.

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 07:11 PM
Lonnie Loach

may head up for tomorrow night's game. any recommendations for a decent yet cheap hotel ?

Lonnie Loach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:51 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Tomorrow is Hannukah night!

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:56 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-man View Post
I know a few years ago many of them hit up Uncle Tony's a few blocks north of the arena after the games, but I don't know if that's still the case.
Dillinger's right downtown, players have known to frequent there..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Loach View Post
may head up for tomorrow night's game. any recommendations for a decent yet cheap hotel ?
Holiday Inn/Arena across the street from the Arena.

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:57 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
I think they'd be scared of any dude who is trying to chat them up. Never know when that dude will not take no for an answer and slip 'em a roofie. Then the next morning they're chained in a basement dressed in black leather chaps and nothing else.
Damn, ok. So what you're saying is my plan won't work?

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 01:04 PM
The King of Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonnie Loach View Post
Use Priceline to get a good deal on the Holiday Inn. It's pretty obvious which one it is.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:54 AM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 Minute Major View Post
Sabres fan here that lives in Binghamton and works for the Binghamton PD.

If any of you decide to come, shoot me a PM and I will fill you in on some things to do in the area...places to stay away from, etc...
Places to stay away from? Really? In Bingo? I cant think of anywhere to "stay away from" in major cities like Ottawa, Toronto, and Montreal.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:47 AM
boboradice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Places to stay away from? Really? In Bingo? I cant think of anywhere to "stay away from" in major cities like Ottawa, Toronto, and Montreal.
There really aren't any places to stay away from from a safety point of view. There are a couple poorer neighborhoods that are a little sketchy, but certainly not bad by big city standards. I've lived here all my life and never worried about that. Using common sense always helps. All the nice hotels restaurants and bars are in decent places.

boboradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Inkling
Proud to be a Mammal

Quote:
I assume he was talking about bad restaurants, poor hotels, that sort of thing. Not neighbourhoods that wouldn't get out of alive!

Inkling is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Bad hoods are more typical in most American cities. He probably didn't mean it that way in terms of Bingo though. Just don't be some city kid hating on their town and you'll probably finish the night without getting punched in the head.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 02:52 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Jane and Finch, SouthSide Rexdale(SSRx) Little magadisho, Armiel CRT etc...

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Fusbolito

Another half-a-year old bump.

I'm taking a road trip down to the northern US, and driving across to Seattle, meeting friends, seeing sights, etc.

On my first day, I'm driving to Wilton, CT, to meet a friend who lives there, and my route takes me right through Bingo at around Lunch. I'd rather stop and support the town that has the B-Sens than just stop in Syracuse or Albany, so are there any interesting places to see/eat at in Bingo? I'm not due in Wilton until the evening, so I have a bit of time, if there's anything interesting.

Fusbolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:54 PM
Josh3217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusbolito View Post

I'm taking a road trip down to the northern US, and driving across to Seattle, meeting friends, seeing sights, etc.

On my first day, I'm driving to Wilton, CT, to meet a friend who lives there, and my route takes me right through Bingo at around Lunch. I'd rather stop and support the town that has the B-Sens than just stop in Syracuse or Albany, so are there any interesting places to see/eat at in Bingo? I'm not due in Wilton until the evening, so I have a bit of time, if there's anything interesting.
I live in the Binghamton area. By the arena there are a lot of bars and restaurants, not much to do in the city besides drink and eat.

Josh3217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:58 PM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

vCash: 10639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusbolito View Post

Skip Bingo and go straight to Dinosaur BBQ in Syracuse.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 06:15 PM
DonthaveaCOWEN

Easy Itinerary: Friday in Syracuse (Dinner at Dino BBQ, Party at Daisy Dukes, Throw up in a Red Roof Inn Hotel Room) then Head to Bingo on Saturday for the Game and head to Dillingers afterwards, Days Inn an easy walk from the arena/bars

DonthaveaCOWEN is offline   Reply With Quote