HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Ottawa 67's 2013-14 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2013, 07:15 PM
  #26
Zola
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Looks like Lintuniemi is eager to come here which is always a sigh of relief, not heard anything about Sloboda yet.

Zola is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 10:39 PM
  #27
AuraSphere
Registered User
 
AuraSphere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,432
vCash: 500
How is Duchesne, the guy lives on my street, we were friends in middle school and him and his dad helped build my basketball net just 2 years ago ahha XD

His younger brother (who plays for the Marlboros) plays street hockey with me everyday

Ik he's eligable for draft next year, but is he any good to make the draft?

AuraSphere is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 09:40 PM
  #28
sirius67fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Hi,new to the thread, no hockey expert but big 67 fan. After last year excited about next season...konecny,henley,lintunuemi....thoughts?

sirius67fan is offline  
Old
07-20-2013, 10:23 PM
  #29
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius67fan View Post
Hi,new to the thread, no hockey expert but big 67 fan. After last year excited about next season...konecny,henley,lintunuemi....thoughts?
Konecny will thrive right away. Too much speed and determination. 40-50 point season is attainable.

Henley appears to be hitting the weight room this summer. Henley should have been a first round pick. He is easily physically ready to punish players right away. I think he can bring more to the table than several others picked before him, including some players in the Top 10. Im very interested in seeing him develop. Some may say he is too passive for long stretches, some will say its just smart positional hockey. He is very versatile, can play the offensive role or defensive role. At times he appeared unchallenged. Maybe he will focus on being a defensive specialist first and foremost and not be stuck doing things well, but nothing spectacular. He played up with kids as much as 2 years older during parts of his minor hockey career. He could really flourish now. Excellent character.


Last edited by mapleleaf979: 07-20-2013 at 10:29 PM.
mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
07-21-2013, 11:20 AM
  #30
sirius67fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Thanks mapleleaf for the feedback and a lot of people i know were surprised henley slipped to second round . Hopefully lucky for the 67's. Anybody have any info on ryan mcdonald the 67's third pick 2013 as i hear good things...big kid,decent feet who might have slipped down due to injuries that limited his exposure.

sirius67fan is offline  
Old
07-21-2013, 08:23 PM
  #31
sirius67fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirius67fan View Post
Thanks mapleleaf for the feedback and a lot of people i know were surprised henley slipped to second round . Hopefully lucky for the 67's. Anybody have any info on ryan mcdonald the 67's third pick 2013 as i hear good things...big kid,decent feet who might have slipped down due to injuries that limited his exposure.
Sorry not ryan but dylan mcdonald

sirius67fan is offline  
Old
07-21-2013, 09:03 PM
  #32
NHL Fanatic
Registered User
 
NHL Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,678
vCash: 500
It will be interesting to see if Monahan is back. If history serves to be correct, the top OHLer selected in the last 7+ years has played in his first year after the draft. If he impresses at Camp and the first couple games of the season I could see him given the 3C slot. It would be a huge blow if he makes the jump.

NHL Fanatic is offline  
Old
07-21-2013, 09:16 PM
  #33
sirius67fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
It will be interesting to see if Monahan is back. If history serves to be correct, the top OHLer selected in the last 7+ years has played in his first year after the draft. If he impresses at Camp and the first couple games of the season I could see him given the 3C slot. It would be a huge blow if he makes the jump.
Agreed big blow if doesn't return as could yield great assets at trade deadline in year 2 of a rebuild.i'd say 60/40 he makes the flames as they are thin at at center.

sirius67fan is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 01:26 PM
  #34
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,407
vCash: 500
Monahan won't be back.

Manked is offline  
Old
07-22-2013, 02:51 PM
  #35
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Hello all. I am a Flames fan. I do not think Monahan will return to Ottawa next season. It's no secret that we both have bad teams currently. Do you think Monahan could be traded to a better team before next season? If he would go to the OHL I don't know how much he would improve by being on a poor team.

JB51Hockey is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 07:57 AM
  #36
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
Hello all. I am a Flames fan. I do not think Monahan will return to Ottawa next season. It's no secret that we both have bad teams currently. Do you think Monahan could be traded to a better team before next season? If he would go to the OHL I don't know how much he would improve by being on a poor team.
Ottawa does not have a bad team.

They had a bad team last year. If the team has Monahan, there is no doubt they will be a playoff team.

Junior teams go from bad to good in as soon as one year.

He plays for the Ottawa 67s, one of the most respected development programs in the OHL, where the CHLs best coach still has a hand in the organization. It's produced NHL players for the last 4 decades.

I think it's no secret that the Flames suck, but the 67s will be a playoff team next year if Monahan is back.

Manked is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 09:14 AM
  #37
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
Ottawa does not have a bad team.

They had a bad team last year. If the team has Monahan, there is no doubt they will be a playoff team.

Junior teams go from bad to good in as soon as one year.

He plays for the Ottawa 67s, one of the most respected development programs in the OHL, where the CHLs best coach still has a hand in the organization. It's produced NHL players for the last 4 decades.

I think it's no secret that the Flames suck, but the 67s will be a playoff team next year if Monahan is back.
Alright alright. Our opinions differ. I don't think Ottawa makes the playoffs and if they do it's one of the losest seeds. Could Monahan be traded to a Mem Cup contender?

JB51Hockey is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 10:51 AM
  #38
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeben51 View Post
Alright alright. Our opinions differ. I don't think Ottawa makes the playoffs and if they do it's one of the losest seeds. Could Monahan be traded to a Mem Cup contender?
"Our opinions differ".

No offense, but are you well versed on the OHL? I'm not going to say you aren't, but if you're from Philly I'll be mighty impressed.

Based on your response though, I'm guessing not.

Manked is offline  
Old
07-23-2013, 10:13 PM
  #39
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
"Our opinions differ".

No offense, but are you well versed on the OHL? I'm not going to say you aren't, but if you're from Philly I'll be mighty impressed.

Based on your response though, I'm guessing not.
I understand why you'd think that and I follow the league but not all that closely. I'm just speculating that they will not be good. And if I remember correctly the season before I think Ottawa won the conference. My impression was that they would be rebuilding and would take at least more than one season.

JB51Hockey is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 06:27 AM
  #40
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
"Our opinions differ".

No offense, but are you well versed on the OHL? I'm not going to say you aren't, but if you're from Philly I'll be mighty impressed.

Based on your response though, I'm guessing not.
Do you really expect Ottawa to go from last in the league (easily) to making the playoffs? Based on what exactly?

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 07:20 AM
  #41
Crottenham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 851
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Do you really expect Ottawa to go from last in the league (easily) to making the playoffs? Based on what exactly?
Starting to sound like the Erie faithful.....

Crottenham is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 07:53 AM
  #42
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawafan66 View Post
Do you really expect Ottawa to go from last in the league (easily) to making the playoffs? Based on what exactly?
Based on the fact that 8 out of 10 teams make the playoffs, and it's very easily to do a quick turnaround in the OHL.

They won't contend by any means, but they are going to be a lot better than they were last year.

Manked is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 09:51 AM
  #43
gerard leublond
Registered User
 
gerard leublond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
Based on the fact that 8 out of 10 teams make the playoffs, and it's very easily to do a quick turnaround in the OHL.

They won't contend by any means, but they are going to be a lot better than they were last year.
Agreed! The talent they currently have and the new talent coming in clearly will turn the club around, even if it's a slight turn around.

I would not under-estimate the 67s this season!

gerard leublond is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 12:09 PM
  #44
JB51Hockey
51Hockey
 
JB51Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Do they still make the playoffs if Monahan stays with Calgary all season? If the Flames sign Grabovski then Monahan will be sent back to Ottawa IMO

JB51Hockey is offline  
Old
07-24-2013, 09:33 PM
  #45
ottsabrefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: kanata, ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
"Our opinions differ".

No offense, but are you well versed on the OHL? I'm not going to say you aren't, but if you're from Philly I'll be mighty impressed.

Based on your response though, I'm guessing not.
Based on his response of the 67's not making the playoffs he's not versed in the OHL?

I think the 67's will be extremely hard pressed to make the playoffs if Monahan doesn't return. If he does they still don't sniff home ice.

ottsabrefan is offline  
Old
07-25-2013, 08:18 AM
  #46
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner
 
Manked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sudbury/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,407
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
Based on his response of the 67's not making the playoffs he's not versed in the OHL?

I think the 67's will be extremely hard pressed to make the playoffs if Monahan doesn't return. If he does they still don't sniff home ice.
No, based on living in Philly and getting the vibe that he was going off of last years standings.

And I don't disagree.

Also, please enlighten me to when I said they'd have home ice.

Even if Monahan's not back, they still have a chance to make the playoffs. You can be a really bad team and finish 7th or 8th in the OHL.

Manked is offline  
Old
07-25-2013, 01:22 PM
  #47
sirius67fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
I agree can't see the 67's in the playoffs without monahan.More importantly imo they lose a heck of an asset to trade especially in a year the o has two memorial cup berths.the assets they could get would help the rebuild even more with the moves byrne made last year. Personally i'm ok with another non playoff year as long as the kids progress so we're a contender once we're back at landsdowne.

sirius67fan is offline  
Old
07-25-2013, 06:55 PM
  #48
ottsabrefan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: kanata, ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 716
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classless Manked View Post
No, based on living in Philly and getting the vibe that he was going off of last years standings.

And I don't disagree.

Also, please enlighten me to when I said they'd have home ice.

Even if Monahan's not back, they still have a chance to make the playoffs. You can be a really bad team and finish 7th or 8th in the OHL.
I didn't say you did. It was more so in defence of the poster that stated that he thought they would be last and how I thought that wasn't a terrible prediction.

I think they have a chance to make the playoffs without Monahan, just not a very good one. The big issue with losing him will be the lack of assets coming back.

ottsabrefan is offline  
Old
07-25-2013, 07:19 PM
  #49
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
I didn't say you did. It was more so in defence of the poster that stated that he thought they would be last and how I thought that wasn't a terrible prediction.

I think they have a chance to make the playoffs without Monahan, just not a very good one. The big issue with losing him will be the lack of assets coming back.
With Monahan in the lineup I think they have a decent shot of getting into the playoffs
because they have the 6th most goals returning from last yr projection their roster
127 goals and with Konecny expected to make an impact immediately
Defense and goal tending concerns me, and if Monahan does not return his 31 goals from the lineup takes them down to 96,3 behind Missy and 2 behind Bell,but 12 ahead of NFalls who have only 84 goals returning
Increased scoring from Salituro,Brandisi ,Gustefen and others will be necessary for this team to be successful

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
07-25-2013, 09:27 PM
  #50
gerard leublond
Registered User
 
gerard leublond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 91
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
With Monahan in the lineup I think they have a decent shot of getting into the playoffs
because they have the 6th most goals returning from last yr projection their roster
127 goals and with Konecny expected to make an impact immediately
Defense and goal tending concerns me, and if Monahan does not return his 31 goals from the lineup takes them down to 96,3 behind Missy and 2 behind Bell,but 12 ahead of NFalls who have only 84 goals returning
Increased scoring from Salituro,Brandisi ,Gustefen and others will be necessary for this team to be successful
Don't think Defense will be a concern, they seem to have that area covered with Middleton, Duschene, Henley and Lintuniemi and Sloboda just to start. Offense will be key and goal tending as well. Konecny and Salituro along with Gustavson or Blandisi will need to gel quick, score quick and repeat. They'll contend for a playoff spot though, I predict a surprising season for the 67's and think they may just bring their A game.

gerard leublond is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.