HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yotes Shopping Boynton

Old
10-30-2006, 10:24 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

vCash: 500
I wouldnt want Boynton. I have a very reliable source that have told me things about him that would leave to believe he wouldnt be exactly be a good "fit" in NYC... Take that how ever you will, i wont go into it anymore than that.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:30 AM
oranges99

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I wouldnt want Boynton. I have a very reliable source that have told me things about him that would leave to believe he wouldnt be exactly be a good "fit" in NYC... Take that how ever you will, i wont go into it anymore than that.
I love very reliable sources.

oranges99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:56 AM
eco's bones

Well there might be personality problems involved that I'm not aware of but a little more elaboration on it would be welcome. To me Boynton is a legit top 4 d-man with a bit of snarl who is probably going to get the same 25-30 points you'd expect from a Rachunek or a Roszival. He is also a few years younger than some of the D that I would consider trading for him. Looking at our D Kaspar (who I like) plays best when his playing time is under 20 minutes. We expected a top 4 when we signed him for a ton of money but he's turned into a 3rd pairing guy. Rachunek is -9 in 9 games and has 1 assist. He's been disappointing to say the least--whether he has talent or not. The pairing of Roszival and Malik have left evem more to be desired this year than last. Ozo has done okay so far but I don't have much faith in him after last season. To me the best to go to offset Boynton's contract would be in this order 1)Kaspar 2)Roszival 3)Malik and 4)Rachunek 5)Ozo and without a little bit more info on Boynton's personal problems I wouldn't have my own problem with any of the above being traded for him. On the question of having one too many d-men I agree but somehow I don't see Phoenix taking two pretty good contracts back for one.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:59 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

how is boyntons skating? i didnt really notice him out there except for the fight he had.

and considering they were thinking of trading him for nabakov, i dont think our offer is solid. i would like to trade at least 2 defenseman, but that aint easy.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 11:45 AM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Sather View Post
So the major piece for a top-4 D is Jarkko "3 points in 9 AHL games, didnt average a PPG in the AHL last year, can't make the Rangers over a mentally challenged Marcel Hossa, useless Colton Orr, or 1-way Blair Betts" Immonen?

Oh, and we'll throw in our vastly overpaid backup goalie.

And our worst +/- guy by a longshot who is still re-learning the NHL rink, has no offensive skills to speak of that he's shown, is poor positionally, and doesn't hit.

Oh yeah, and Wayne, you'll be taking on salary in this deal too.

Be sure to CC your fax back here buddy. Thanks.
The HF mentality cannot be avoided. Trade the pieces of your team no one would want (and ALWAYS your back-up goalie), for a more desireable player or players from another team. It is contractual to posting here. Sorry if you missed the memo.

JerryGigantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 11:45 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Come on man, please put some thought into these proposals.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 11:46 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGigantic View Post
The HF mentality cannot be avoided. Trade the pieces of your team no one would want (and ALWAYS your back-up goalie), for a more desireable player or players from another team. It is contractual to posting here. Sorry if you missed the memo.
do a search on jorts/ahalls past proposals, you'll feel better

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 11:49 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

If this was the U.S. Senate,I would propose a constitutional amendment banning trade proposals from AHall18NYR.I doubt Phoenix is going to acquire Kevin Weekes who will be a group III FA this summer

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:41 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
So Phoenix wants to trade Boynton a mere 12 games into his Coyotes career? And didn't they sign him to a contract extension after they traded for him in the summer?

Whatever. I don't think he helps the Rangers much.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
You cannot trade your backup goalie unless you have a backup goalie to fill that hole or you get one back in a trade. Valiquette is not the answer (although I'm sure you think he is) and there's not Yotes goaie I want back.
StevieV isn't the answer but neither is Weekes. If Lunqvist goes down for an extended period of time it wouldn't be long until Montoya gets the bulk of minutes in goal..

Weekes is a luxary on this team. A good backup goalie is a luxary in the salary cap age. The Rangers could certainly get away with Valiquette as the backup like the Devils do with Clemmenson as the backup goalie..

I can see Weekes being waived if the Rangers need some salary cap room.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:40 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Boynton would be a great pickup if you ask me. Tough dman, loves to scrap, and very physical. Wouldn't mind Souray who I also think may be available

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Bacchus

[QUOTE=Son of Steinbrenner;6932411]
Quote:
Weekes is a luxary on this team. A good backup goalie is a luxary in the salary cap age. The Rangers could certainly get away with Valiquette as the backup like the Devils do with Clemmenson as the backup goalie..
Keep in mind that Brodeur plays some 387 games per season... The Devils - injuries aside - don't need a back-up.

Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 08:34 PM
Prooooocha

Nick Boynton is not a "new NHL" player. All-star in 03-04, absolutely sucked last year and so far this year. I wouldn't want any part of him. Notice that Boynton was the guy who Cullen did that fancy move on for Aaron Wards goal on Saturday? -5 to boot. No wonder the Yotes don't want him....

Prooooocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 08:42 PM
Fletch

With the way Renney plays Weekes..

he almost looks like a guy who could soon be waived. He will be just as rusty in his next start as his last.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 08:59 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
he almost looks like a guy who could soon be waived. He will be just as rusty in his next start as his last.
He is a luxary item..

If (GOD FORBID) Lundqvist goes down with a long term injury I think the Rangers are served just as well with a Montoya/Valiquette as they would a Weekes/Montoya.

Weekes at this point is just as much as an unknown as what we have in Hartford. I can see him being waived if the Rangers get in a salary cap jam.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote