HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lines for next season

Old
07-17-2013, 09:56 PM
maplepred

vCash: 500
Can fisher or legwand play the wing?

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:22 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Can fisher or legwand play the wing?
yes. Legwand definitely can.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Not that the Preds definitely aren't in on him, but TFP isn't much of a step up from Hockeybuzz. Take what they say with a grain of salt, or eight.
But that sounds like so much work. Far easier to just assume it must be true (since it aligns with my desires and hopes) and then berate Poile and call for his firing when it doesn't happen.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:32 PM
predshabs

Quote:
I agree with ya big time!
Get some offense poile!

I wonder if we are actually talking to oil??
I know this was before they got Perron but they still need some other pieces.

Per The fourth period

The Oilers have been busy this week, but GM Craig MacTavish isn't finished, as he plans on making more adjustments to his roster.
According to the Edmonton Sun, the Oilers want to add a top-six power forward, a top-pair defenseman, and a gritty forward for their bottom-six.

"There's a couple significant pieces we'd like to add," MacTavish told the Sun. "A top-six forward doesn't have to be a prolific scorer but would be a good complement to the other five forwards. Somebody who has a lot more size."
The Oilers made a significant pitch to right wing David Clarkson, but the 29-year-old decided to sign a seven-year, $36.75 million contract with the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Edmonton's offer to Clarkson is believed to be around $6 million per season.

"There's still a few significant holes, in my mind," MacTavish said. "We've got a couple significant pieces we can try to move to fill some of those holes. We're hopeful we can do that."

The Oilers have been shopping right wing Ales Hemsky, and are expected to trade him before the start of the 2013-14 season. The Oilers also have a plethora of defensemen that could dangle.

With the bulk of top-tier free agents now off the market, teams will shift their focus to trades, and that's where the Oilers are hoping to cash in.

predshabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2013, 11:54 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Fourthperiod.com said preds and two other teams are in on grabovski.

We didnt pick him up off waivers because we didnt want to pay him 5.5 million.

He hasn't signed yet because the guy just got married and is probably enjoying his honeymoon with new wife.

Look at his stats over last five seasons, tell me what predator forward has been better last five seasons than him?? And the guy isn't even thirty yet.

You guys all want to give stalberg a chance to flourish? Grabo is two years older and has proven way more than stalberg.

Give grabo chance to be the 'go to' guy and see how much better he is. I guarantee better than stalberg next season, no matter where he plays.
Im not disagreeing that Grabovski wouldnt be a good pickup, but I cant imagine that if Grabovski is only asking for Cullen type money (ie 3.5x 2) that he wouldnt already be signed.

I was one of the folks hoping we claimed him on waivers, so if we sign him now for significantly less, thats even better.

If we do sign him, the "big dump" will certainly get even bigger

Old
07-18-2013, 12:04 AM
maplepred

Grabo still gets laid from leafs, therefore he can take less money as he is still going to get a serious paycheque this season with the two combined.

I can't imagine him signing for more than 4 million, as he was bought out and cleared waivers for 5.5

I know I would rather have grabo than Cullen, but if leggy can play wing as mentioned above, we could afford to bring in grabo!

Old
07-18-2013, 01:54 AM
predshabs

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Grabo still gets laid from leafs, therefore he can take less money as he is still going to get a serious paycheque this season with the two combined.

I can't imagine him signing for more than 4 million, as he was bought out and cleared waivers for 5.5

I know I would rather have grabo than Cullen, but if leggy can play wing as mentioned above, we could afford to bring in grabo!
I agree with that price tag.
That was what I was counting 4 Million when I proposed this

Quote:
Lets just say for a min that toronto will trade edmonton there d-man they want. If that is the case then edmonton will need some cap room. I think if we could get Hemsky(40% retained) to help them out, plus get rid of Gaustads contract plus try to sweeten the deal and get Smid. Remember it is not a big deal because Hemsky is only under contract for one year. Then use the rest of the money we have to sign Grabo and we will have a good first like, as long as everyone stays healthy.

Wilson-Grabo-Hemsky
Stalberg-Fisher-Hornqvist
Legwand-Cullen-Forsberg
clune-Hendricks-Nystrom
Bourque
Beck First call up in case of injuries

Weber-Josi
Smid-Klein
Ekholm-Jones
Bartley

Rinne
Hutton/Hellberg

Old
07-18-2013, 07:37 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Poster Vorky just posted that Grabo has an offer from the K:

Atlant Moscow Region offered a contract to F Mikhail Grabovski, club needs elite center.
http://atlant-mo.ru/news/news-atlant...718144516.html

K...never mind.

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 9h
Mikhail Grabovski says he is not even considering the KHL, only the NHL. Had only 1 offer from KHL because clubs know he wants to be in NA.

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 08:51 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:

haha Freudian slip?

or are you implying that the leafs are getting ****ed by Grabo??

and I agree with you but at the same time he must be asking for more than anyone is willing to pay right now or he'd already be signed.. I dont think the honeymoon is an excuse.. there are only a limited number of teams with the cap space to accomodate him and if he piddles around too long teams may seek other options. If we could sign him for 4 or less I'd be ecstatic, and of course that would be the end of Spaling and Smith for sure, which suits me just fine

Old
07-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaWhaler View Post
Poster Vorky just posted that Grabo has an offer from the K:

Atlant Moscow Region offered a contract to F Mikhail Grabovski, club needs elite center.
http://atlant-mo.ru/news/news-atlant...718144516.html

K...never mind.

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 9h
Mikhail Grabovski says he is not even considering the KHL, only the NHL. Had only 1 offer from KHL because clubs know he wants to be in NA.
As I said in the T&R thread about same, this is the international equivalent of "so-and-so Canadian free agent is destined for Toronto." Not worth paying attention to.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 12:00 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
As I said in the T&R thread about same, this is the international equivalent of "so-and-so Canadian free agent is destined for Toronto." Not worth paying attention to.
Kinda...but we did just see three players, one of which is arguably elite, leave. So, I think speculating is justified in this case.

Old
07-18-2013, 12:18 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
haha Freudian slip?

or are you implying that the leafs are getting ****ed by Grabo??

and I agree with you but at the same time he must be asking for more than anyone is willing to pay right now or he'd already be signed.. I dont think the honeymoon is an excuse.. there are only a limited number of teams with the cap space to accomodate him and if he piddles around too long teams may seek other options. If we could sign him for 4 or less I'd be ecstatic, and of course that would be the end of Spaling and Smith for sure, which suits me just fine
Hahaha, I was wondering if someone was gonna pick up on my typo! Lol

Thanks to the leafs buyout and his recent marriage though, I'm sure that he is getting both paid 'and' laid!! Haha

But yeah, I would love grabo here, especially if leggy can play the wing, I would be all for getting him. I think grabo would be amazing centre for Wilson and could help bring along guys like FF, Beck, Aberg, Etc. plus he would all but guaranteed lead this team in scoring and hopefully to the playoffs.

As we all know, we are rock solid defense and goalie wise, imagine this team with some scoring touch?! Damn!!

Old
07-18-2013, 12:57 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Grabo would not be a better center in this system than Legwand.

They're putting up the same numbers or close now and he's doesn't have Legwand's 2 way game.

No one yet has explained to me why they think this guy is so great. He put up good numbers but was getting close to 20 minutes a night.

Grabovski, scores historically at a .59 clip, Legwand at a .59 clip. Legwand is way more responsible defensively too.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 01:29 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Grabo would not be a better center in this system than Legwand.

They're putting up the same numbers or close now and he's doesn't have Legwand's 2 way game.

No one yet has explained to me why they think this guy is so great. He put up good numbers but was getting close to 20 minutes a night.

Grabovski, scores historically at a .59 clip, Legwand at a .59 clip. Legwand is way more responsible defensively too.
We aren't comparing them, just that leggy can play wing which would open up a centre position for grabo.

Also, last season was a bad one for grabo being stuck behind guys like van riemsdyk, kessel, lupul, kadri, etc. give him first line minutes again and he is our first line centre. Just look at his last few seasons before this one. He would easily be our top forward.

Old
07-18-2013, 01:45 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
We aren't comparing them, just that leggy can play wing which would open up a centre position for grabo.

Also, last season was a bad one for grabo being stuck behind guys like van riemsdyk, kessel, lupul, kadri, etc. give him first line minutes again and he is our first line centre. Just look at his last few seasons before this one. He would easily be our top forward.
You assume Trotz is going allow him to free wheel like he did in Toronto. The only time he's done that here was with Arnott. Peverly, Robitialle, Hudler, etc have found Trotz is not forgiven with the center position.

Old
07-18-2013, 01:53 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
You assume Trotz is going allow him to free wheel like he did in Toronto. The only time he's done that here was with Arnott. Peverly, Robitialle, Hudler, etc have found Trotz is not forgiven with the center position.
when did we ever have Hudler?

and I think the point is, if Grabo is at least equal to Leggy at center, Leggy at wing is probably an upgrade over Smith, whose spot he would presumably take

Old
07-18-2013, 02:13 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
when did we ever have Hudler?

and I think the point is, if Grabo is at least equal to Leggy at center, Leggy at wing is probably an upgrade over Smith, whose spot he would presumably take
Yeah, I was confused about hudler comment as well. And in assuming you are talking about 'randy' robitaille??

We need offense, plain and simple, grabo knows how to do that. Odds are he doesn't sign here anyways, just saying it would be damn nice to have a guy capable of his offensive production. And if leggy can go wing, lets get er done!

Old
07-18-2013, 02:41 PM
thecloser

I would love to have Grabo but if we didn't sign him already I don't see us getting him.

Truth is the guy is a selfish b*****d and is gonna try and squeeze as much money as he can. Plus, I don't think Trotz and Grabo would get along.

With that said, sign him haha

thecloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:01 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post
I would love to have Grabo but if we didn't sign him already I don't see us getting him.
agreed. Love to have him though.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2013, 03:02 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I meant Haydar, sorry.

Old
07-18-2013, 03:43 PM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecloser View Post

Truth is the guy is a selfish b*****d
So since he hasn't been signed yet, that means nobody is going to sign him?? We could very well still get him as much as any other team could.

And why do you call him selfish? Just curious

Old
07-18-2013, 11:09 PM
predshabs

I posted a question on the Edmonton board.
What would it take to get Hemsky and Smid?
The answer suprised me.

Gaustad,Ellis,2nd round draft Pick

What do you think of this?

Old
07-19-2013, 12:29 AM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
The answer suprised me.

Get the GM's on the phone!!

Old
07-19-2013, 12:31 AM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by predshabs View Post
The answer suprised me.

I would be surprised if Edmonton gave up Smid that easily.

I would be surprised if Poile gave up Ellis, or Gaustad, really.

Paying anything for Hemsky is a waste of assets.

Iron Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:41 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I would be surprised if Edmonton gave up Smid that easily.

I would be surprised if Poile gave up Ellis, or Gaustad, really.

Paying anything for Hemsky is a waste of assets.
Agreed. To add, it's really an indicator of how bad Hemsky's contract is. $5 mil cap hit for a guy who has only cracked 40 pts. once since 2008 and on a steady decline is stout. I'd much rather have Stalberg.