HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Toucher & Rich: Did You Know Seguin Was Traded?

Closed Thread

Old
07-17-2013, 11:14 PM
mattbnh

vCash: 500
If adolfo ran across a smart female fan, or a smart drunken male fan, they would throw away the audio - not funny. Stupid is funny.

Old
07-17-2013, 11:47 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutielemon07 View Post
I actually have a story to tell about some dumb Bruins 'fans' myself.

So I leave my house today and go around the corner to McDonalds, where I enter, order my meal and sit down.
About five minutes later, a couple guys show up-one wearing a Boychuck tshirt jersey and the other wearing an ordinary button up shirt-both no more than about my age, 19/20. They ordered their meal and sat behind me.
They then started talking rather loudly about some guy named 'Patriss' (rhymes with Katniss) 'Burgerin'.
I think they were talking about Patrice Bergeron, only they totally butchered his name.
They talked really loudly for what seemed like a lifetime about his 'epic slap shot' and 'awesome injuries'-injuries are never awesome, I think they meant how it was awesome it was that he played through them (still agonising for him).
Then they started talking about 'Tucker Rask', 'Brad Marchind' (that's March as in the month) and how much it sucked to have traded away 'Tyler Segwin' for 'Jarome Ignila' (false, we traded him for Eriksson and others). They then left, giving me a good laugh.

Stupid people will be stupid people.
What's more amazing is this is probably all they ever talk about, all day.

I guess I should just probably be thankful they likely don't vote.

Old
07-18-2013, 02:11 AM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Oh I agree. I just don't think they give female fans a bad name because, well, they aren't fans.
Oh, well yeah, I agree too. Perhaps not fans, but dingleberries instead.

That was easy.

07-18-2013, 02:22 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Back during the AHL playoffs, some guys from the Paul and Al show (they are the Providence version of T&R except they've been around a lot longer, play music and are seriously as UNFUNNY as you will ever find in a morning zoo crew) approached me in the Dunk and started feeling me out as to my hockey knowledge for a dumb fan bit. I shut them down pretty quickly. They were telling me they invented the bit or some such thing when I said T&R did it....but ya, I don't know why they thought I was a mark, I wasn't even tipsy yet.

Old
07-18-2013, 08:25 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinSG17 View Post
I'm not a hockey fan I guess, didn't know what team he played for. Wasn't catching many Coyotes and Sharks games from 97 to 07.
Quote:
Same here, I actually just googled it!

I've been a casual hockey fan since I was a kid, mostly supporting my 'local' team and the Bruins. Went full-on fan in 2010. I should still know who this guy was, but didn't because I didn't care about the Nordiques, Avalanche, Sharks or Coyotes. Still don't-though I would like to see the Nordiques back as I liked them as a very young kid.
Does that not make me a true hockey fan?

EDIT: Ignore this, it's a bit of an overreaction. Sorry.
You guys didn't know Ricci no longer played in the NHL?

Again, pretty funny to see Toucher and Rich making fun of people for their lack of hockey knowledge when they themselves didn't realize a guy who stopped playing in 07 no longer played in the NHL.

Perhaps it's just me, but I find it pretty comical to see people who don't know their **** accuse other people of not knowing their ****. It's kinda like the dimwits on here who accuse people of having bad grammar while butchering their own post in the process.

Last edited by Kaoz*: 07-18-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old
07-18-2013, 08:33 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbnh View Post
If adolfo ran across a smart female fan, or a smart drunken male fan, they would throw away the audio - not funny. Stupid is funny.
No doubt they "interview" several people to get one really dumb one.

Old
07-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
I get it. Didn't mean to sound like I was labeling a gender or anything. I know of plenty of female fans (including yourself) that are very knowledgeable when it comes to hockey. It's the ones that follow a team because a player is "cute" that portrays such a negative stereotype for those female fans who know their hockey.
Oh I get it, I didn't think you were doing that at all.

Maybe wasn't the appropriate place for the discussion, but it's an interesting one to me and a question I get asked a lot. As a female fan, how do I feel about other women who watch because they think the players are hot, or their boyfriend wants them to.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:10 AM
Cutielemon07
Chara is Stuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You guys didn't know Ricci no longer played in the NHL?

Again, pretty funny to see Toucher and Rich making fun of people for their lack of hockey knowledge when they themselves didn't realize a guy who stopped playing in 07 no longer played in the NHL.

Perhaps it's just me, but I find it pretty comical to see people who don't know their **** accuse other people of not knowing their ****. It's kinda like the dimwits on here who accuse people of having bad grammar while butchering their own post in the process.
I didn't know who Ricci even was.
But if you don't know, you learn and when you learn, you know! I chose to find out who he was rather than let myself remain ignorant. So now I know who he is and if Adolfo ever comes up to me and says 'we traded (insert 'hot' Bruin player here) for this guy' I can say back 'yo, that's Mike Ricci and after playing with the Coyotes and their AHL affiliate for two seasons from 05-07, he doesn't play in the NHL any more.'

Old
07-18-2013, 11:15 AM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

If you go to Worcester Sharks games, don't be surprised to see Mike walking around the DCU Center. I've seen him at the Dunk once, too.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:15 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridges31 View Post
It's girls like this that give female hockey fans a bad name. It's embarrassing.
Amen.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Cutielemon07
Chara is Stuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
If you go to Worcester Sharks games, don't be surprised to see Mike walking around the DCU Center. I've seen him at the Dunk once, too.
I think he now works for the Worcester Sharks evaluating prospects or something like that-but don't quote me on that.

Old
07-18-2013, 02:11 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
I think he now works for the Worcester Sharks evaluating prospects or something like that-but don't quote me on that.
Yes, he the Director or Player Development, which is why he is there.

Old
07-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Cutielemon07
Chara is Stuck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Yes, he the Director or Player Development, which is why he is there.
Whoo! Now I really know who this guy is!
Thanks Google!

Old
07-19-2013, 08:02 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

I'm in tears

Man I love how everyone is confirming how much this kid partied. Priceless.

Old
07-19-2013, 08:24 AM
mattbnh

I remember back in the 00's that people (not me, oh no, not me) used to get Mark Recchi, Mike Ricci, and Joe Reeki confused.

Saying their last names was like conjugating a verb in latin.

Old
07-19-2013, 08:34 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedeyeRocketeer View Post
I'm in tears

Man I love how everyone is confirming how much this kid partied. Priceless.
Who is?

Old
07-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
The lasting message of all this is that Ricci is in fact, still ugly.

Old
07-19-2013, 08:44 AM
HockeyMomx2

Quote:
That's why I don't tell people of my crushes on Bergy and Marchy. Though I crush on them because they're Bruins, not that I'm a Bruins fan because they are Bruins, but they'll think it's the other way around-if that makes sense?
Why would I want to be one of those fans-they're the most annoying people to ever walk god's green earth!
i think my crush on bergy and marchy would exist even if the unthinkable happened and the didnt play for us.

Old
07-19-2013, 08:45 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
Who is?
did you listen to the clip? Listen to the clip.

Old
07-19-2013, 08:51 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
The lasting message of all this is that Ricci is in fact, still ugly.

Is he ever but I really liked him when he was in his prime, guy just gave everything he had

Old
07-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
did you listen to the clip? Listen to the clip.
I did, and there was no confirmation of anything, just repetition of the same baseless rumors that are already out there.

Me thinks you're too eager to paint a negative picture you'll glom onto anything and call it proof or confirmation. This is the social media age where everyone has access to social media, don't mistake repetition for proof of accuracy.

Old
07-19-2013, 09:01 AM
ODAAT

I have never listened to this duo and I`m thankful. I most often listen to the fan590 out of Toronto, sure there`s plenty of Leaf tire pumpin, but I also find them to be pretty critical when warranted. Thankfully, one thing they don`t do, is turn their shows into Enquirer style stuff

Old
07-19-2013, 09:12 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

Quote:
I did, and there was no confirmation of anything, just repetition of the same baseless rumors that are already out there.

Me thinks you're too eager to paint a negative picture you'll glom onto anything and call it proof or confirmation. This is the social media age where everyone has access to social media, don't mistake repetition for proof of accuracy.
lol, you didn't hear the girls talking about how they worked in the industry, and how Seguin was "always out partying"

Seriously? These are randoms walked up to in a public location, who had no idea Segs had even been traded. That's about as much of a confirmation as you need man. What more do you want? When female bar staff flat out tell you he's the big team partier, then maybe you better start accepting the truth...

Old
07-19-2013, 09:15 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

"Um I always see him out in the industry, I work in the industry, he's always out partying, so I get to see him, we partied together a few times"

check. mate.

Old
07-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
"Um I always see him out in the industry, I work in the industry, he's always out partying, so I get to see him, we partied together a few times"

check. mate.
Ah yes, anonymous girl on Toucher and Rich saying he's her favourite because she's partied with him and he's always out in the "industry" is your idea of confirmation....

Yet same anonymous girls has no idea Seguin was even traded, and for some reason thinks Dallas is a football "state".

If that's all the proof you needed, there was a poster in the "Reaction to Seguin/Eriksson trade?" who knows a bartender who saw Seguin out in the bars all the time "brawlin"... Tyler Seguin the brawler even. This type of information being regurgitated by people as "proof" and/or "confirmation" is the problem.

See earlier post about wanting to believe the negative too badly.

Closed Thread