HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lars Eller Thread - Great or Greatest Dane Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-14-2013, 03:46 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
One of the players, if not, the player that I'm most excited to see progress this year is our "Great Dane". Before Gryba's blindside hit, he was becoming one of our most important forwards. His consistency game in and out was exemplary. Wish I could see Pacioretty using his body as much as him.

I hope he continues where he left off and that the hit doesn't affect his game. Also, his hair was phenomenal last year, one of the many reasons to his success IMO. Hope he keeps the same hair cut.

18 G 25 A without much PP time next year.

Old
07-14-2013, 04:32 PM
StellerEller
Saku :D

vCash: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by YUHeffToBMad View Post
One of the players, if not, the player that I'm most excited to see progress this year is our "Great Dane". Before Gryba's blindside hit, he was becoming one of our most important forwards. His consistency game in and out was exemplary. Wish I could see Pacioretty using his body as much as him.

I hope he continues where he left off and that the hit doesn't affect his game. Also, his hair was phenomenal last year, one of the many reasons to his success IMO. Hope he keeps the same hair cut.

Agreed. The entire team goes up a level when Eller brings his A game.

Old
07-15-2013, 04:42 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:

god i hope that hit doesn't screw him up. Happened to Zednik, A. Kost, kinda Patches (he's been good but not quite as dynamic).

We have the worst luck in the world. No question about it.

Is there any definitive word on his condition? If there was I must've missed it.

Old
07-15-2013, 06:50 AM
FuzzyWuzzy
I'm still alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
god i hope that hit doesn't screw him up. Happened to Zednik, A. Kost, kinda Patches (he's been good but not quite as dynamic).

We have the worst luck in the world. No question about it.

Is there any definitive word on his condition? If there was I must've missed it.
Eller himself said he was feeling fine and that he was even anticipating coming back to the team if they got deeper into the playoffs. I'm not saying it wont leave any mental sequels but physically speaking, he should be in top shape.

He knows better than anyone else how crucial this year is for him - he's shown he can be depended on last year and now its time for him to get a promotion.

Old
07-18-2013, 03:31 PM
DanishPastry

First time poster here on the Habs board. Read an article here in Denmark around the time the Blackhawks won the cup where they had Lars Eller commenting.

It said he had a 4 week vacation in Denmark, that he was in good shape and that he was training hard with emphasis on increasing muscle and body mass ie. weight training in a gym reserved for Danish top athletes.

Old
07-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Jakomyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishPastry View Post
First time poster here on the Habs board. Read an article here in Denmark around the time the Blackhawks won the cup where they had Lars Eller commenting.

It said he had a 4 week vacation in Denmark, that he was in good shape and that he was training hard with emphasis on increasing muscle and body mass ie. weight training in a gym reserved for Danish top athletes.
Well, I'm sure the thought of a Hab gaining muscle mass will send this board into a joyous frenzy. Lets see what happens...

Old
07-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:

I thought he bulked up quite a bit already last season. But it's good to know he's keeping it up. Dude has wicked speed too. He should be a treat to watch next season.

Old
07-18-2013, 05:05 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Saw this on twitter, so time to remind everyone:
That doesn't always work. Pouliot was the highest in goals per minutes played when he was with us.

It's still a cause for optimism though.

Old
07-18-2013, 05:05 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:

Credit to roy munson

Old
07-18-2013, 05:17 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:

Credit to roy munson
dat dere dream bulk

Old
07-18-2013, 05:23 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
dat dere dream bulk
5000cal/day Viking master race

Old
07-18-2013, 10:47 PM
capebretoncanadien

Dude has to get a bigger role and more PP minutes. He's ready.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:30 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

He's already a great #2 center in my books.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:42 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
He's already a great #2 center in my books.
If he continues his point production from last season, along with his strong two-way play, than I agree. I think he can still improve and be more.

Old
07-19-2013, 07:44 AM
Dada

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
If he continues his point production from last season, along with his strong two-way play, than I agree. I think he can still improve and be more.
I think so too, the fact that he is always going uphill in the last 3 years is very encouraging

17 pts
28 pts
30 pts in 46 games last year = 53 pts

28 to 53 is a huge jump, and without even playing with the best wingers for the majority of the season and without playing a PP role. Give him someone who can score
And some quality PP time and I think he's getting close to 60-65 pts.

Future looks bright!

Old
07-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post
I think so too, the fact that he is always going uphill in the last 3 years is very encouraging

17 pts
28 pts

28 to 53 is a huge jump, and without even playing with the best wingers for the majority of the season and without playing a PP role. Give him someone who can score

Future looks bright!
I hope you're right. Very nervous he won't be the same player after being knocked out by that hit.

Old
07-19-2013, 08:21 AM
25get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dada View Post

17 pts
28 pts

Future looks bright!
Was paired with Galchenyuk and third linemates were Prust (107 min), Armstrong (59 Min) and Ryder (51 Min).

In 2011-12, he played mostly with Kostitsyn and Moen (198 min) and then with Goeffrion and Blunden (51 minutes).

So it is not like he had a bad partner last year.

Given his progression, seeing him getting 50+ points with almost no PP would be good (he was 37th in the league among centers).
We also saw MT starting to put those two players with Gallagher on the first PP in the last few games.

It is perfectly possible that Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher could start the PP regularly many times next season. (> 20%).

BTW, both Eller and Galchenyuk scored 13 points in the last 14 games of the regular season.

Expecting over 60+ points is perfectly possible.

Old
07-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24get View Post
Was paired with Galchenyuk and third linemates were Prust (107 min), Armstrong (59 Min) and Ryder (51 Min).

In 2011-12, he played mostly with Kostitsyn and Moen (198 min) and then with Goeffrion and Blunden (51 minutes).

So it is not like he had a bad partner last year.

Given his progression, seeing him getting 50+ points with almost no PP would be good (he was 37th in the league among centers).
We also saw MT starting to put those two players with Gallagher on the first PP in the last few games.

It is perfectly possible that Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher could start the PP regularly many times next season. (> 20%).

BTW, both Eller and Galchenyuk scored 13 points in the last 14 games of the regular season.

Expecting over 60+ points is perfectly possible.
Ellah - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Briere
Bourque - Desharnais - Gionta
White - Prust - Parros

we have to find a way to dump desharnais + some prospects for a big nasty with above moderate skill 3th line center and i could feel fine with this offense... and i know they don't grow on trees.

Old
07-19-2013, 08:56 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

All our off-season troubles would disappear if Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher make huge steps in their development. I know it's a pipe-dream but Eller has all the fundamentals to really dominate on the ice, Galchenyuk and Gallagher have really good offensive vision and have adapted astutely to the rigors of the NHL.

We could be "acquiring" three 1st/2nd liners in exchange for three 3rd liners. Could be huge... and Bergevin will get all the credit haha

Old
07-19-2013, 09:14 AM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Impact FC View Post
Ellah - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Briere
Bourque - Desharnais - Gionta
White - Prust - Parros

we have to find a way to dump desharnais + some prospects for a big nasty with above moderate skill 3th line center and i could feel fine with this offense... and i know they don't grow on trees.
Eller on the wing?

Prust as a center?

Old
07-19-2013, 09:27 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
All our off-season troubles would disappear if Eller, Galchenyuk and Gallagher make huge steps in their development. I know it's a pipe-dream but Eller has all the fundamentals to really dominate on the ice, Galchenyuk and Gallagher have really good offensive vision and have adapted astutely to the rigors of the NHL.

We could be "acquiring" three 1st/2nd liners in exchange for three 3rd liners. Could be huge... and Bergevin will get all the credit haha
Can't make that jump without playing time, sadly.

Old
07-19-2013, 09:39 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

If Eller keeps up production he had last season (30 points in last 42 games) and the Gallys keep improving, hard to imagine the team struggling next season with the reasonably expected ~70 points from Pacioretty and tough D minutes 55-60 points from Plekanec. That's five 50-70 point forwards + Markov and Subban.

Old
07-19-2013, 09:39 AM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post

Let's just hope, at the very least, that he comes back to the way he was before the Gryba hit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other two have down years, as the sophomore slump tends to happen to young players. Personal feeling is that Galchenyuk has enough talent to overcome it, but I can see Gallagher being snakebitten and targeted heavily, leading to a dip in production.

Old
07-19-2013, 09:46 AM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Let's just hope, at the very least, that he comes back to the way he was before the Gryba hit.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other two have down years, as the sophomore slump tends to happen to young players. Personal feeling is that Galchenyuk has enough talent to overcome it, but I can see Gallagher being snakebitten and targeted heavily, leading to a dip in production.
Before the Gryba hit, I'd be willing to say that he was the best forward on the ice, for both teams.

Old
07-19-2013, 09:49 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Before the Gryba hit, I'd be willing to say that he was the best forward on the ice, for both teams.
Karlsson begs to differ.

Closed Thread