HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Forsberg available?

Old
10-29-2006, 04:55 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

vCash: 500
If the Canucks are going to ask for Carter/Pitkanen/Richards for Naslund, then we're just going to have to ask for Bourdon for Forsberg.

This isn't happening.

Oh, someone tell Brooks to go **** himself and get his facts straight.

Kesler being traded = the dumbest thing I've read in a long time.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 08:27 PM
FlyersWillRockU
Too Old? Rookies

QUOTE=Peter Griffin;6922748][url]http://www.nypost.com/seven/10292006...oks.htm?page=

Why would the Flyers trade one of the only players (Forsberg or Knuble) that is giving 100% right now. What about a trade proposal between montreal and philly ? Huet and Souray for Esche, Hatcher and a 2rd pick. I think Souray could be the leadership we are lacking (with out Primeau and Desjardins). Huet I believe could help put alot of confidence back into the guys in front of him. Obviously Nittymaki nor Esche cant. Just a Thought. Something definitely needs to be done NOW though.

FlyersWillRockU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Wetcoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
So the Canucks' can't afford $1.25 mil at the deadline, even if they are moving salaries the other way? I really don't care what Brooks' wrote in his article, I'm discussing whether the possibility of a deal is there. At the deadline, I think it's a good chance that Forsberg could be shopped and that the Canucks could be an interested team.
Since you quoted Brooks without noting that it was impossible for Kesler to be traded this season, I assumed that you were promoting his package deal of Forsberg coming to Vancouver and Kesler going the other way.

Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 05:35 AM
Fishy Scales

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersWillRock View Post
Why would the Flyers trade one of the only players (Forsberg or Knuble) that is giving 100% right now. What about a trade proposal between montreal and philly ? Huet and Souray for Esche, Hatcher and a 2rd pick. I think Souray could be the leadership we are lacking (with out Primeau and Desjardins). Huet I believe could help put alot of confidence back into the guys in front of him. Obviously Nittymaki nor Esche cant. Just a Thought. Something definitely needs to be done NOW though.
You just made me laugh so that I soaked my keyboard. Why would the Habs do that deal again? To pull a bad joke on their fans?

Fishy Scales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:14 AM
Wetcoaster

The Canucks are totally cap-strapped.

One of the HF moderators, Irish Blues, has a salary cap page with listings for all teams. According to his spreadsheet the Canucks have the TOTAL sum of $928,520 available for this entire year in cap space remaining currently. If they run into a string of injuries like last year that cushion would be eaten up pretty quickly.

That would mean moving the equivalent of approximately $4 million in annual salary at the cap deadline to be able to add Forsberg to the roster even at the deadline. Not likely. It basically mandates against any high priced rental player being added at the deadline for a cup run.

Nonis planned for a $2 million cap cushion to start the year but that was dashed when Kesler was tendered an offer sheet by a self-described burned out GM. Nonis along with a number of other GM's were left shaking their heads over that move both for its implications for Vancouver and league-wide. To keep Kesler next year the Canucks have to QO him at $1.9 million and that can be used as a comparable.
Quote:
''I thought the DiPietro deal was the height of stupidity but this Kesler deal tops it,'' said one NHL GM. ''Does Clarkie actually think Vancouver isn't going to match? Every team will match. You have to. You have to protect your assets no matter what. All this is going to do is drive up the cost to do business. This is going to be ridiculously inflationary, even in the cap system we have. It's crazy.''
''So the going rate for a young 10-goal scorer in this league is going to $1.9 million,'' an NHL GM said. ''We're starting a whole new inflation spiral. It's going to cost every team in this league. It's bad for all us. It's really bad business.''
''This might inconvenience Vancouver a little bit but there was no chance Philadelphia was getting Kesler on the offer sheet, none at all and now we're all going to pay for it,'' the GM said.
''That is precisely how we all ended up in a financial mess before the lockout,'' the GM said. ''One team trying to stick it to another team. You would have thought we had learned our lessons.''
http://www.tsn.ca/tsn_talent/columni...zie/?ID=177298

Last edited by Wetcoaster: 10-30-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Wetcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:23 AM
FlyersFanJS

forsberg should be on the block...flyers need to rebuild. they are in a great situation in that there is already a TON of young talent on this team. more d prospects/young NHL'ers are needed. Why not trade a guy that if he re-signs will only be around for another year (MAYBE 2) do you really think the flyers are a cup contender next year??? i don't

no, i've never liked forsberg, but my own bias aside, i think dealing him at the deadline to a playoff team looking to put themselves over the edge would be a smart move IMO....flame away

FlyersFanJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:55 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFanJS View Post
forsberg should be on the block...flyers need to rebuild. they are in a great situation in that there is already a TON of young talent on this team. more d prospects/young NHL'ers are needed. Why not trade a guy that if he re-signs will only be around for another year (MAYBE 2) do you really think the flyers are a cup contender next year??? i don't

no, i've never liked forsberg, but my own bias aside, i think dealing him at the deadline to a playoff team looking to put themselves over the edge would be a smart move IMO....flame away
Surprised that people have allready given up on this season, and are willing to trade their best player... Sorry but, if you can't get this team going with the youth that they got now, then they aren't going to kick in next season either...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Kaktus*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Surprised that people have allready given up on this season, and are willing to trade their best player... Sorry but, if you can't get this team going with the youth that they got now, then they aren't going to kick in next season either...
It will take 2 seasons and then major defensive as well as some offense fixes with a few high draft picks in both 2007 and 2008 (top 5).

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 12:36 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
hence why i said the flyers don't have a shot next year...i think that as long as they mature and get some (ok alot) of new talent this year and next that they should be able to legitmately compete 2008-2009

Old
10-30-2006, 09:00 PM
flyboys328

After this blackhawks game, if forsberg is being shopped, holmgren is a retard, if we trade him who is gonna do anything, carter cant put anything in, richards looks like the smartest kid with downsyndrom out there, it would be the most pathetic showing of a hockey team ever if peter forsberg is traded

flyboys328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:36 PM
FlyersFanJS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboys328 View Post
After this blackhawks game, if forsberg is being shopped, holmgren is a retard, if we trade him who is gonna do anything, carter cant put anything in, richards looks like the smartest kid with downsyndrom out there, it would be the most pathetic showing of a hockey team ever if peter forsberg is traded
actually, if forsberg is the only one producing, then this team needs to rebuild

personally, i think it would be the most pathetic showing of a hockey team to build around a guy who is built of tissue paper who MIGHT (BIG MIGHT) play a grand total of 2 more years

but that's a much better idea than trading him for 1st rounder and top prospects

Old
10-30-2006, 09:47 PM
hdw

Has anyone pondered what Forsberg want to do?

Maybe he'd like to lead Philly? His first team as captain?

Just remember that he's one out of three players with dual entries in the tripple gold club, Another SC isn't that much to him, he'll need 2 more to get any form of record.

So what will guide him?
He's already got more money than he can spend.
He's already got two SC, two Olympics and two IIHF WC's

So what does he want?
Another SC to get even with the other triplet swedes?

I think he'll stay in Philly until he retires.

hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
Has anyone pondered what Forsberg want to do?

Maybe he'd like to lead Philly? His first team as captain?

Just remember that he's one out of three players with dual entries in the tripple gold club, Another SC isn't that much to him, he'll need 2 more to get any form of record.

So what will guide him?
He's already got more money than he can spend.
He's already got two SC, two Olympics and two IIHF WC's

So what does he want?
Another SC to get even with the other triplet swedes?

I think he'll stay in Philly until he retires.
So do I. But why would anyone on HF use common sense or an unbiased point of view? This board is all about selfish, one-sided trades that benefit your team and your team only. Fortunately for the National Hockey League, no one on this board is a General Manager.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 10:54 PM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
So do I. But why would anyone on HF use common sense or an unbiased point of view? This board is all about selfish, one-sided trades that benefit your team and your team only. Fortunately for the National Hockey League, no one on this board is a General Manager.
Very well put!

mikedifr is offline   Reply With Quote