HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2013 (16th)

View Poll Results: Who's #16?
Nikita Filatov 2 2.74%
Derek Grant 8 10.96%
Jarrod Maidens 19 26.03%
Francois Brassard 0 0%
Darren Kramer 0 0%
Troy Rutkowski 1 1.37%
Marcus Hogberg 1 1.37%
Ryan Dzingel 2 2.74%
Cole Schneider 1 1.37%
Buddy Robinson 7 9.59%
Michael Sdao 5 6.85%
Andre Petersson 2 2.74%
Corey Cowick 0 0%
Robert Baillargeon 0 0%
Mikael Wikstrand 25 34.25%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Xspyrit

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
You realize that this question is pretty much the same mentality you're bashing, right? Maidens is the definition of a person who's not getting votes from the "what have you done for me lately" crowd. Iron Maidens would have been a first rounder if not for the injury woes. His ceiling is higher than anyone else left on this list. His basement may be a bit lower than most, too, but he's got a great shot if he can get over the injury woes.
Yes but Maidens hasn't played in the NHL, the AHL, the SEL or the WJC... Petersson did

I'm high on Maidens too but not over Petersson. Hopefully both can put their injuries behind them and get back to their development road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
IMO Petersson`s time has come & gone, to small & too soft & add injury prone to that. I put him with Filatov, two very skilled guys who couldn`t crack the lineup for various reasons & will be playing their careers in their homeland. Petersson has another yr on his contract but if he doesn`t go back to Sweden this yr, I think he doesn`t come back to NA next yr. I doubt Filatov will ever be back. We`ll see.
Difference with Filatov like you said is that Petersson is still under contract and will play in NA this year. I admit it might be his last "chance" so it's up to him to step up

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
RE: Petersson. He's fallen off the map for me. He's had back and now hip issues and is already at a disadvantage with his size. I really didn't like his game at the start of the AHL season, looked lost imo. He certainly doesn't lack skill but I don't think he has the greatest vision or hockey smarts. Tends to hold onto the puck WAAAY too long for my liking and doesn't use that amazing shot often enough. There are just too many players coming into the organization right now for him to stand out and make it as a top 6 player. If Filatov can't cut it in our organization, then Petersson certainly can't either. He has upside, no doubt but I think his chances of ever reaching his potential are very remote. We'll see if he can bounce back this coming year under Luke. Hope he does, I've played over Xbox Live with him and Lehner a few times and he seems like a nice dude.
I agree that he holds unto the puck too long but he also a great ability to play in tight areas, in traffic, which is something needed in the NHL. He also has a NHL shot and great skating so if he can put everything together he could become a nice offensive player. Hopefully a full healthy year for him, would give us a much better idea of what he could do

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 04:15 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Yes but Maidens hasn't played in the NHL, the AHL, the SEL or the WJC... Petersson did

I'm high on Maidens too but not over Petersson. Hopefully both can put their injuries behind them and get back to their development road

Difference with Filatov like you said is that Petersson is still under contract and will play in NA this year. I admit it might be his last "chance" so it's up to him to step up

I agree that he holds unto the puck too long but he also a great ability to play in tight areas, in traffic, which is something needed in the NHL. He also has a NHL shot and great skating so if he can put everything together he could become a nice offensive player. Hopefully a full healthy year for him, would give us a much better idea of what he could do
The other point I think that is a mark against Petersson seems to be that the NHL is trending towards bigger players. Montreal is getting bigger because they got schooled against a physical Ottawa team in the playoffs. Buffalo is getting bigger because of what happened to Miller with Lucic. We hear it all the time that NHL clubs are looking for bigger guys with skill and/or toughness. Vancouver is trying to get bigger/tougher although that could change a little under Torts. I even think Ottawa might want to get bigger because of how easily Pittsburgh handled Ottawa in the playoffs.

There might still be room for an elite smaller player but they have to be great to get a look & I'm not sure Petersson is good enough. Of course, I don't think Conacher, Pageau, Da Costa or Condra are good enough & they are still around so what do I know. It just seems to be the trend right now but that could change too.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote