HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gagne/Lecavalier/Jagr

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2013, 05:09 PM
  #26
Danglous
Registered User
 
Danglous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Not comfortable with line 2 at all.

Still wouldnt be opposed to signing both guys

Danglous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 05:16 PM
  #27
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,517
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
I saw this and shrugged, Atlas. The Flyers should be promoting the kids, not the Over the Hill Gang.


But agreed, Gagne and Jagr are not necessary. Let's see what some of the youngsters can do.

flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 05:29 PM
  #28
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Uberlandia
Country: Brazil
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
scoring power? Gagne is washed up, and so is Jagr. i don't want to stick Vinny on a line with two vets FAR past their primes. no thanks. Gagne and Jagr are done. neither deserves to be on any teams 2nd line. Vinny should play with two young kids like Schenn and Simmonds.
Let's not act like Jagr is done here. He had 35 points in 45 games last season a long with 11 points in 20 some playoff games.

NHLAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 05:34 PM
  #29
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLAlert View Post
Let's not act like Jagr is done here. He had 35 points in 45 games last season a long with 11 points in 20 some playoff games.
He slowed down at the half way point the last two years. There's really no need for Jagr or Gagne for that matter. Let the kids play.

Vinny's not as fast of skater as he used to be, he would be better suited playing with faster guys on his wings like Read, Schenn, or Simmonds.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-19-2013 at 07:06 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:04 PM
  #30
bauer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLAlert View Post
Let's not act like Jagr is done here. He had 35 points in 45 games last season a long with 11 points in 20 some playoff games.
Jagr has good starts, but he also fades halfway through the season and becomes a liability. Jagr had 10 points in 22 playoff games with the Bruins, and they were all assists. he couldn't score 1 goal in 22 games. he's done.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:46 PM
  #31
Zod
Disappointment Train
 
Zod's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 298
vCash: 500
I think there's potential, but needs more Lindros.

Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 07:01 PM
  #32
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 112,567
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasRust View Post
It would be an awesome line today. You just have to believe.
No it wouldn't. Gagne is not a top 6 forward anymore, and you could make the case he may not even be a top 9 forward. You're bumping down the biggest cap hit among the forwards for two guys hanging on to their careers by a thread.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 08:47 PM
  #33
NHLAlert
@nhl_alert
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Uberlandia
Country: Brazil
Posts: 532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
Jagr has good starts, but he also fades halfway through the season and becomes a liability. Jagr had 10 points in 22 playoff games with the Bruins, and they were all assists. he couldn't score 1 goal in 22 games. he's done.
Hit the post a few times and had good chances. Even still, his numbers prove otherwise and many players(especially giroux) have asked for him

NHLAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 08:59 PM
  #34
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
Jagr has good starts, but he also fades halfway through the season and becomes a liability. Jagr had 10 points in 22 playoff games with the Bruins, and they were all assists. he couldn't score 1 goal in 22 games. he's done.
to complete this analysis, he also had more goals than assists for Dallas (which wasn't exactly the supposed "good first half" because he spent about 40 percent of the season in Europe first)

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:26 PM
  #35
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
to complete this analysis, he also had more goals than assists for Dallas (which wasn't exactly the supposed "good first half" because he spent about 40 percent of the season in Europe first)
He played 79 regular season games this year (34 of them in the Czech League).

Dallas: 34GP 14G 12A 26PTS
Boston: 11GP 2G 7A 9PTS
Totals: 45GP 16G 19A 35PTS

January: 6GP 2G 3A 5PTS
February: 14GP 4G 5A 9PTS
March: 13GP 8G 4A 12PTS
April: 12GP 2G 7A 9PTS

Playoffs: 22GP 0G 10A 10PTS

Outside of March he wasn't really much of a goal scorer this year.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:27 PM
  #36
bauer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
to complete this analysis, he also had more goals than assists for Dallas (which wasn't exactly the supposed "good first half" because he spent about 40 percent of the season in Europe first)
in Europe the schedule isn't nearly as grinding as an NHL schedule. not even close. Jagr was also on the Stars top line. you want to take Jake off the top line right after he just had a breakout year and is finally showing signs of becoming a consistant premiere player and replace him with an over the hill vet?

Jagr and Gagne have no place on this team anymore. we already have a very solid top 6. and Jagr won't sign with a team if he's to be buried on the 3rd and 4th lines. he's not needed. he'll probably want more than 4m/year too.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:30 PM
  #37
bauer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLAlert View Post
Hit the post a few times and had good chances. Even still, his numbers prove otherwise and many players(especially giroux) have asked for him
he had 2 goals in his last 33 games this year. and that won't improve over time. it'll only get worse.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 11:04 PM
  #38
SgtJoseph
Registered User
 
SgtJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 3,568
vCash: 500
I am not so sure Gagne is as" washed up " as some here think ? He certainly is in his twilight years, but I noticed last season that he looked much better here in Philly than he did at LA and at Tampa for that matter.
His neck issue being resolved seemed to really put some jump back into his game and I think he can be an asset to our club this season. I noticed that he had jump on the back check which is something that typically is missing as a player gets old and wore out. Jags looked SLOW on the back check late in the season, although still effective in the Offensive zone setting up plays etc, especially on the PP .

SgtJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:11 AM
  #39
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
in Europe the schedule isn't nearly as grinding as an NHL schedule. not even close. Jagr was also on the Stars top line. you want to take Jake off the top line right after he just had a breakout year and is finally showing signs of becoming a consistant premiere player and replace him with an over the hill vet?

Jagr and Gagne have no place on this team anymore. we already have a very solid top 6. and Jagr won't sign with a team if he's to be buried on the 3rd and 4th lines. he's not needed. he'll probably want more than 4m/year too.
I haven't said that he is necessary or even useful for this team, I was reacting to the bolded part which stated that he can't score (but scored more often than assissted in his short stint with the Stars) and that he's done (had a ppg of a good second liner; for this team though, he's useless/done). The Jagr nostalgia is fun for me but I don't understand myself why would Homer do that, I can see only one reason and that's G lobbying for him to come back.


Last edited by kudymen: 07-20-2013 at 04:34 AM.
kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:58 AM
  #40
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?
 
Four Boilermakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,246
vCash: 500
This line would suck. They are too slow. Jagr skates like he's stuck in tar. Lecavalier has never been all that speedy. Gagne is still pretty fast, but not like he used to be.

Furthermore, this is an aging line and they'd probably only all be healthy at the same time for about 15-20 games.

Jagr isn't what this team needs. Read is a better option at this point. And I don't know who you have in mind that would be available for Read, Mez, and a 2nd. Someone like Goligoski?

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:23 PM
  #41
bauer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudymen View Post
I haven't said that he is necessary or even useful for this team, I was reacting to the bolded part which stated that he can't score (but scored more often than assissted in his short stint with the Stars) and that he's done (had a ppg of a good second liner; for this team though, he's useless/done). The Jagr nostalgia is fun for me but I don't understand myself why would Homer do that, I can see only one reason and that's G lobbying for him to come back.
and i pointed out that he had 2 goals in his last 33 games. which proves the point that he'll have a good start, then completely fade into oblivion halfway through the season and become useless by the time the playoffs come around. if the season was 40 games, he might do okay. but i want no part of Jagr in an 82 game schedule.

bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:14 PM
  #42
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
and i pointed out that he had 2 goals in his last 33 games. which proves the point that he'll have a good start, then completely fade into oblivion halfway through the season and become useless by the time the playoffs come around. if the season was 40 games, he might do okay. but i want no part of Jagr in an 82 game schedule.
I don't fully agree with him being useless in the POs considering how snake bitten he was (if only some of those crazy loud pings went in) but fair enough.

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 03:48 PM
  #43
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauer View Post
Jagr has good starts, but he also fades halfway through the season and becomes a liability. Jagr had 10 points in 22 playoff games with the Bruins, and they were all assists. he couldn't score 1 goal in 22 games. he's done.
thanks god the world is so easy right i ll come back after next season and we will talk

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 04:03 PM
  #44
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
all you need to do is compare Hartnell G Jagr and Hartnell G Voracek.. the guy is so done
i love G and the team, but i really hate fans on these boards hope he doesnt sign here
Voracek had 46 points in 48 games (22G, 24A), Giroux had 48 points 48 games (13G, 35A). Hartnell missed 6 weeks with a broken foot & only played 32 games. I'm willing to chalk it up as bad year filled with injuries considering he's been a consistent 20+ goal scorer his entire career here.

Voracek basically does what Jagr would do on that line while scoring more goals & being younger.

I compared them I like that line going forward opposed Jagr breaking down at the half way point again. New Jersey can have him. There's no need for him here with the emergence of Voracek.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-21-2013 at 04:09 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 04:08 PM
  #45
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Voracek had 46 points in 48 games (22G, 24A), Giroux had 48 points 48 games (13G, 35A). Hartnell missed 6 weeks with a broken foot & only played 32 games.

I compared them I like that line going forward opposed Jagr breaking down at the half way point again.
ok i will compare it for you the other way, Hartnell was an all star player, G was on run to win the The Art Ross Trophy and flyers were in playoffs, even with mr universe, not saying its all thanks to Jagr, but this season you didnt even make play offs
i think it makes one think, at the least
oh and guy breaking down, Jagr got injured, so did Hartnell, do you get rid of him now?

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 04:18 PM
  #46
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
ok i will compare it for you the other way, Hartnell was an all star player, G was on run to win the The Art Ross Trophy and flyers were in playoffs, even with mr universe, not saying its all thanks to Jagr, but this season you didnt even make play offs
i think it makes one think, at the least
oh and guy breaking down, Jagr got injured, so did Hartnell, do you get rid of him now?
Unless Jagr is some great doctor, he wouldn't have made up for all of injuries last year. I like Jagr but he wasn't the difference in why we didn't make the playoffs last year.

Giroux was the main catalyst for that line that year not Jagr. Hartnell & Jagr did their parts but when Jagr faded down the stretch Giroux's production increased.

Taking a slapshot off the skate is a lot different than having continuous groin issues without a clear cause. Hartnell is also 31 compared to Jagr who is 41.


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-21-2013 at 04:26 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:04 PM
  #47
Omni Owl
Registered User
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,302
vCash: 500
Your forward group looks damn impressive for next year. Not too many teams can lose guys like Richards/Carter and just shrug it off with Giroux-Lacavalier-Couturier-Schenn (I know he'll play wing for you guys). I think the deal worked great for both teams (Kings fan), we still haven't really replaced Simmonds yet, but I'm hoping Frattin will come close for us. Good luck...

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:36 PM
  #48
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,958
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Your forward group looks damn impressive for next year. Not too many teams can lose guys like Richards/Carter and just shrug it off with Giroux-Lacavalier-Couturier-Schenn (I know he'll play wing for you guys). I think the deal worked great for both teams (Kings fan), we still haven't really replaced Simmonds yet, but I'm hoping Frattin will come close for us. Good luck...
We lucked out with the returns, three out of the five players acquired in those deals are in our top 6 currently for next year.

I know Simmonds put up 40 points the one year for you guys so its not like he just developed an offensive game over night but iirc you guys mostly used him in checking line role & he would jump up in case of injury or something. Did you guys use him on the PP? If so did he play in front of the net?

The guy is a beast in front of the net on the PP. It's honestly where half his goals & points come from.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:03 PM
  #49
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 14,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
We lucked out with the returns, three out of the five players acquired in those deals are in our top 6 currently for next year.
The 4th is an elite shut-down forward at the age of 20 with pretty decent offensive potential.

The 5th was one of the top scoring forwards in the OHL and possesses the potential to be a Marchand-lite forward in the top 9.

The 6th was traded for Grossmann who is among the best in the league in hitting and shot blocking on the back-end.

People who said that those two trades would define Holmgren's career were right.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:16 PM
  #50
Omni Owl
Registered User
 
Omni Owl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,302
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
We lucked out with the returns, three out of the five players acquired in those deals are in our top 6 currently for next year.

I know Simmonds put up 40 points the one year for you guys so its not like he just developed an offensive game over night but iirc you guys mostly used him in checking line role & he would jump up in case of injury or something. Did you guys use him on the PP? If so did he play in front of the net?

The guy is a beast in front of the net on the PP. It's honestly where half his goals & points come from.
From what I can remember Terry Murray mainly used him in a shut down role with Handzus. I think he got some PP time under Kompon, but hardly ever. Only scored 1 PP goal with us his last year with us. Zeus was actually the guy that would stand in front of the net running interference more than Simmer. The Kings-Flyers relationship has benefited both franchises, latest transfer being Hextall. Enjoy the crazy ****, cuz we're sure gonna miss him too...

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.