HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #20

View Poll Results: Who is our #20 prospect?
RW Josh Nicholls 33 53.23%
D Ryan Graves 2 3.23%
RW Thomas Spelling 15 24.19%
G Jason Missiaen 0 0%
LW Ryan Bourque 10 16.13%
C Kyle Jean 2 3.23%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2013, 01:05 AM
  #1
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Prospect Poll: NYR Prospect #20

Steven Fogarty easily won this round. Jason Missiaen is added to the poll.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.


TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. C J.T. Miller
3. D Dylan McIlrath
4. C Oscar Lindberg
5. RW Jesper Fast


SECOND TIER

6. RW Danny Kristo
7. D Brady Skjei
8. C Cristoval Nieves
9. LW Marek Hrivik
10. C Michael St. Croix


PROJECTS

11. LW Andrew Yogan
12. LW Pavel Buchnevich
13. G Cam Talbot
14. D Sam Noreau
15. D Conor Allen


SUSPECTS

16. LW Anthony Duclair
17. D Calle Andersson
18. LW Adam Tambellini
19. C Steven Fogarty


Steven Fogarty
Center
Born Apr 19 1993 -- Edina, MN
Height 6.03 -- Weight 202

2012-13 Notre Dame CCHA 41 5-5-10 4PIM


Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:07 AM
  #2
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Easily Nicholls

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:07 AM
  #3
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 72,117
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Add me.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:08 AM
  #4
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Prospects eligible for addition:

Hughes, Tommy (NR)
Kantor, Michael (NR)
Skapski, Mackenzie (NR)
Stajcer, Scott (NR)
Wilson, Jason (24)

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:09 AM
  #5
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Let's add another goalie: Skapski.

Voted for Bourque because he is a very good player for Hartford. He'd definitely be a fan favorite if he made the NHL.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:19 AM
  #6
free0717
Registered User
 
free0717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Old Bridge, NJ
Posts: 2,052
vCash: 500
spelling add skapski

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:39 AM
  #7
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,966
vCash: 300
I really like this team's top 20. Voted Nicholls, but I like Graves, seeks like a potential riser.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:02 AM
  #8
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow
 
Net Front Presence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,871
vCash: 12500
Spelling.

Add Skapski.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:14 AM
  #9
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,753
vCash: 500
Awards:
Nicholls, add Hughes.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:21 AM
  #10
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.
 
BrooklynRangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Brooklyn of course
Country: United States
Posts: 10,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Nicholls, add Hughes.
Agreed.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:37 AM
  #11
Bardof425*
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 3,028
vCash: 500
I don't think any of the 16 - 20 guys are suspects. They're all better than that.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 08:07 AM
  #12
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,753
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardof425 View Post
I don't think any of the 16 - 20 guys are suspects. They're all better than that.
Nor is Cam Talbot a project, really. He's more of a finished product in terms of his development than most of the guys ahead of him. They're just groupings, though.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:12 AM
  #13
Matt Carle Place
Man Gravity Forgot
 
Matt Carle Place's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Nicholls. Add Skapski.

Matt Carle Place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:30 AM
  #14
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,889
vCash: 50
Josh Nicholls. I think Graves or Spelling have the potential to do better, but right now I have to go with Nicholls. He's decently sized and put up very respectable numbers in the best Canadian Junior league. Much better numbers than Brandon Dubinsky put up.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:04 AM
  #15
LetterJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
Josh Nicholls. I think Graves or Spelling have the potential to do better, but right now I have to go with Nicholls. He's decently sized and put up very respectable numbers in the best Canadian Junior league. Much better numbers than Brandon Dubinsky put up.
Nicholls, add Hughes.

OT, but when was the last time that this "best" league won a Mem Cup??

LetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:13 AM
  #16
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,889
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterJ View Post
Nicholls, add Hughes.

OT, but when was the last time that this "best" league won a Mem Cup??
2008, didactically.

Since I have a little time left this morning to go into detail...

When I say "best," I mean best developmentally speaking. I saw a lot of the Q when the Lewiston team was still around, and I watched enough of the OHL when Grachev was playing with Duchene and Hodgson. In my viewings of the WHL it appears to have the best coaches, best checking lines. The role players aren't going out there and trying to beat entire teams by themselves.

Let me use an example. Ann average NCAA team would stop a CHL team in a playoff series. But advocates of the CHL would claim that the age difference (16-20 for the CHL and 18-24 for the NCAA) will have played a huge difference, so it doesn't actually indicate that the NCAA is a better league developmentally speaking for young players. And they would have a perfectly logical argument.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:32 AM
  #17
LetterJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
2008, didactically.

Since I have a little time left this morning to go into detail...

When I say "best," I mean best developmentally speaking. I saw a lot of the Q when the Lewiston team was still around, and I watched enough of the OHL when Grachev was playing with Duchene and Hodgson. In my viewings of the WHL it appears to have the best coaches, best checking lines. The role players aren't going out there and trying to beat entire teams by themselves.

Let me use an example. Ann average NCAA team would stop a CHL team in a playoff series. But advocates of the CHL would claim that the age difference (16-20 for the CHL and 18-24 for the NCAA) will have played a huge difference, so it doesn't actually indicate that the NCAA is a better league developmentally speaking for young players. And they would have a perfectly logical argument.
I won't speak to whether the coaches in the Dub are better than in the rest of the CHL, because, frankly, I don't know.

I see now what you meant, but the word "best" just struck me as odd. Living in Atlantic Canada (and in a city that has a Q-team), I can say that the Q is quite proud of the fact that they have won three Mem Cups in a row and most Q observers would argue with you as to what league in the CHL is the best.

In hindsight, I probably should have included a in my original post.

LetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:59 AM
  #18
kovazub94
Registered User
 
kovazub94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 742
vCash: 500
Nicholls. Add the goalie.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 11:16 AM
  #19
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterJ View Post
I won't speak to whether the coaches in the Dub are better than in the rest of the CHL, because, frankly, I don't know.

I see now what you meant, but the word "best" just struck me as odd. Living in Atlantic Canada (and in a city that has a Q-team), I can say that the Q is quite proud of the fact that they have won three Mem Cups in a row and most Q observers would argue with you as to what league in the CHL is the best.

In hindsight, I probably should have included a in my original post.

Historically, the further west you go in Canada, the more defensively-responsible it gets (WHL>OHL>QMJHL). That doesn't make those leagues better because offensive creativity goes in the other direction, but when a player scores 80 points in the WHL, it is seen as more impressive than if he scores 80 in the Q.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:32 PM
  #20
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
add Skapski, I guess, heh

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:48 PM
  #21
Machinehead
Brauch und Stolz
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: Germany
Posts: 33,257
vCash: 500
Josh Nicholls, if only because he makes me think of Josh Nicholls from Drake and Josh. And then I chuckle.

__________________


DEUTSCHLANDWELTMEISTER2014
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:30 PM
  #22
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Bourque is falling pretty hard. I wonder why that is.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:00 PM
  #23
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Bourque is falling pretty hard. I wonder why that is.
He's small and doesn't have a lot of skill for his size. Plus, he has a rather extensive injury history. I don't know why anyone would rank him ahead of any of these guys with real potential.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:27 PM
  #24
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,451
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Bourque is falling pretty hard. I wonder why that is.
Sad story there but I don't think he was ever going to find an NHL spot with his size and weight anyway.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:28 PM
  #25
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,027
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
What happened with McColgan? Or is he gone or nobody likes him? Just wondering... Im not up on prospects like I used to be

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.