HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summerfest Live

Old
07-20-2013, 02:14 PM
Novacane
My Hero

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasha Cares View Post
#1. never even close called it a lock... #2. I promise though that he's one of the best 13 F that will be in camp... Will that put him on the roster? who knows... #3. Nova, if you had to look up his number, it explains a bit LOL...
Okay let's break this down.

#1. I'll just put this here

Quote:
I just don't see Rask missing this roster... He looks heads and shoulders above everyone to me... Especially on the puck... And Murph looks great too
#2. So where do we put him? He a slow skater, keep that in mind. 4th line, out of the question. Might as well stick him in the AHL. 3rd line? No. Too much youth if we're still thinking Lindholm as the center and Skinner on the wing. 2nd? This is the only one that remotely makes sense but with a line as slow as it already is with Ruutu and Jordan, I can't see adding another slow player to go along with them.

#3. Can't tell if that's supposed to be a shot or not. Call me a dumbass if you want. Won't hurt my feelings. Don't skirt around it though if you want to take jabs. You don't see me taking jabs at you, do you?

Quote:
#4.To call him 'meh' really doesn't line up with ANY assessment I've seen or what people are seeing... #5.If you had said 'Rask showed nice puck skills, but needs to show more speed and physicality" I wouldn't have even outright disagreed
#4. Why does my opinion have to follow the consensus of this board? Does my intelligence get knocked down a few pegs because I don't think Rask is going to make the roster next year? Lord, I would hate for someone to form their own opinion on a prospect.

#5. So because I said "meh", you got the green light to belittle me without even trying to glean why I formed my meh stance?

And I'm still waiting on why you "don't see Rask missing this roster".

Novacane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:19 PM
BanginLikeaBiscuit
Dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
I may be the only one to flat out say it, but I'd prefer him to not make the roster right out of camp this year unless he just stands out undeniably over whoever else we can roll out there. Give him a year in the AHL to do his thing, he'll get more out of playing 25 minutes a game down there then he would out of 9-12 a game up here to start out. Now season after I fully expect him to be a roster player here.
You're not the only one. I mentioned this in another thread, but Rask is just this year's over-hyped prospect, like Welsh, Sanguinetti, or whoever else in past off-seasons. Like you said, there's no need to rush him into the lineup this year, unless he's head and shoulders above other potential bottom 6 guys. Playing 20 minutes a game in Charlotte will be a great next step in his development, and he'll probably get a couple call up stints throughout the year anyway.

BanginLikeaBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:26 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by BanginLikeaBiscuit View Post
You're not the only one. I mentioned this in another thread, but Rask is just this year's over-hyped prospect, like Welsh, Sanguinetti, or whoever else in past off-seasons. Like you said, there's no need to rush him into the lineup this year, unless he's head and shoulders above other potential bottom 6 guys. Playing 20 minutes a game in Charlotte will be a great next step in his development, and he'll probably get a couple call up stints throughout the year anyway.
Yep. I wouldn't call Rask over-hyped since he's shown some legitimacy in a 10 game AHL stint and in the WHL, but caution should rule the day. I was all-in on Dalpe and Welsh in the past, won't be making the same mistake again so soon. I was also all-in on Dodge, but his skating kept that one from ever happening... pity too because dude was the perfect #4C in every other aspect.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

you're waiting to see why I think that? I believe I told you he's going to be one of the best 13 F's in camp... His puck skills and hands are far better than the guys on the fringe... He understands the game too... He's also stood out almost everywhere he's played...

He could end up at CLT but he'll be first call up... If he's there, it's to get him 22-25 min a game to improve his game faster...

I'm just not enamored at all with Bowman, Dwyer, Boychuk, West, or JStaal2... And only slightly hopeful on Palush, Nash, and Dalpe...

Now Lind is going to make the team, so that may be Rasks spot

Sasha Cares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Never said he was an actual lock,
Maybe you didn't use the words "lock", but you have pretty much implied it with your comments in multiple threads so I can see how others are assuming that.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=364

Quote:
Rask will make this team
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=606

Quote:
Rask and Murph will make this team.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1&postcount=48

Quote:
I just don't see Rask missing this roster...
I have no idea of Rask will make it or not so you may be right, I just think it will be tough for him this year unless he really stands out far above all the others as there is only 1 or maybe 2 top nine spots and he won't be on the 4th line. If he is only equal to or slightly better than the other guys, I would guess he'll go to the AHL and further develop his game.

Boom Boom Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton View Post
Maybe you didn't use the words "lock", but you have pretty much implied it with your comments in multiple threads so I can see how others are assuming that.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=364

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=606

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1&postcount=48

I have no idea of Rask will make it or not so you may be right, I just think it will be tough for him this year unless he really stands out above all the others as there is only 1 or maybe 2 top nine spots and he won't be on the 4th line. If he is only equal to or slightly better than the other guys, I would guess he'll go to the AHL and further develop his game.

Those are opinions on where I think he should be... There are no locks on the roster that are on 2 ways... So it's kind of silly to think I was implying a lock... I'm very confident he will EARN a roster spot

Old
07-20-2013, 02:35 PM
Novacane
My Hero

Quote:
you're waiting to see why I think that? I believe I told you he's going to be one of the best 13 F's in camp... His puck skills and hands are far better than the guys on the fringe... He understands the game too... He's also stood out almost everywhere he's played...

He could end up at CLT but he'll be first call up... If he's there, it's to get him 22-25 min a game to improve his game faster...

I'm just not enamored at all with Bowman, Dwyer, Boychuk, West, or JStaal2... And only slightly hopeful on Palush, Nash, and Dalpe...

Now Lind is going to make the team, so that may be Rasks spot

So now he'd be better to start in Charlotte, something I've been saying all along. I'm not enamored with those players you listed either. But at least some of them (Dwyer, Palushaj, Nash) possess the physical skills to fit in the bottom 6.

Old
07-20-2013, 02:35 PM
impeach estaalo
timgleson

vCash: 50
nhl all-rookie team

tolchinsky-rask-lindholm
murphy-babchuk

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:39 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacane View Post

So now he'd be better to start in Charlotte, something I've been saying all along. I'm not enamored with those players you listed either. But at least some of them (Dwyer, Palushaj, Nash) possess the physical skills to fit in the bottom 6.
I never said he'd be better in CLT... where do you get that? The organization may PREFER that to accelerate some of his learning in CLT... But, I believe he's good enough to learn in the NHL on a third line

Old
07-20-2013, 02:44 PM
Novacane
My Hero

Quote:
I never said he'd be better in CLT... where do you get that? The organization may PREFER that to accelerate some of his learning in CLT... But, I believe he's good enough to learn in the NHL on a third line
You said it'd accelerate his game faster there. How is that not better for his development and the organization as a result? If he'd get better faster there, why should we stick him on the third line? Just ignoring the fact that line would consist of an 18 year old, 20 year old, and 21 year old, wouldn't it be considered rushing him if his game could develop faster in the AHL?

Old
07-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Quote:
Those are opinions on where I think he should be... There are no locks on the roster that are on 2 ways... So it's kind of silly to think I was implying a lock... I'm very confident he will EARN a roster spot
Virtually everything posted on here are opinions so of course it's your opinion. You are arguing semantics though. You stated very plainly "Rask will be on this team". There's no ambiguity in that statement, so I can't see how else to read it.

Anyhow, I jumped into a pissing contest I should have stayed out of, so carry on.

Regarding Rask though, I will withhold judgement until I see him skating against NHL'rs. If he does blow the doors off and end up in the top 9, that would be fantastic. If he does have some chemistry already with Lindholm, that might give him a leg up also. If he looks good, but goes to the AHL to further his development, I'd be fine with that also. I don't think the presence of him on the team will make or break the season.

Old
07-20-2013, 02:46 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

I believe he can learn on our 3rd line, while making us a better team... That's why I prefer him in Raleigh... We can just agree to disagree, right?

Old
07-20-2013, 02:50 PM
Anton Dubinchuk
Danny Markov

vCash: 1505
I'm confused by this whole conversation as well. I must not know the difference between "I don't seeing Rask missing this roster" and "he's a lock" either.

Anyway, I bet he doesn't make the roster at the beginning of the year, but if he does it should definitely be because he earned it, not because we're trying to force it on him.

Anton Dubinchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Boom Boom Anton

Unless Lindholm stays in Sweden and Rask goes to the AHL, there's a good chance that at least some of Dalpe, Nash, and Bowman get claimed by someone if the Canes try and send them down. Wonder how much that will come into play in their decisions.

Old
07-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Unless Lindholm stays in Sweden and Rask goes to the AHL, there's a good chance that at least some of Dalpe, Nash, and Bowman get claimed by someone if the Canes try and send them down. Wonder how much that will come into play in their decisions.
I think this is very much in play

Old
07-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Virtually everything posted on here are opinions so of course it's your opinion. You are arguing semantics though. .
Are you implying that you don't enjoy the bi-weekly semantics argument that happens on this board during the offseason?

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:59 PM
BanginLikeaBiscuit
Dobby

How many days till training camp?

BanginLikeaBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
It's a lock that it's too many days

Old
07-20-2013, 03:03 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Boychuk will be better than everyone else and will earn a spot on the top line. Then he'll be demoted to the ECHL midway through his first shift.

I am right and you are wrong. You know nothing about hockey.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:07 PM
MD
#woofwoof

BROS, do any of you guys even coach hockey???

MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:11 PM
HisIceness
Michal Jordan

Quote:

Oh wait, that's NFL.

HisIceness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Finlandia WOAT
Do U Like Quebec?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
BROS, do any of you guys even coach hockey???
I have coached 5 separate NHL, AHL and KHL teams to their respective championships.

Finlandia WOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:30 PM
Sasha Cares
28 mph!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway to Cap Hell View Post
I have coached 5 separate NHL, AHL and KHL teams to their respective championships.
I was his assistant at all stops

Old
07-20-2013, 04:25 PM
Scorvo

Sad part is I came into excited to find out what I missed from this week...

Scorvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:48 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Argue like gentlemen, please.

tarheelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote