HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Couturier Re-signed 2 years 1.75M AAV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2013, 02:49 PM
  #101
Mjoedgaard
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Ha very true, although Giroux must have been stuck with some dead weight at points before the Carter/Richards trades.
In 2009-10 (when he had 47 points), he mainly played with Richards, JVR and Hartnell.

In 2010-11 (76 points), he mainly played with Carter, Zherdev and JVR

that some real dead weight /s

Mjoedgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:03 PM
  #102
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjoedgaard View Post
In 2009-10 (when he had 47 points), he mainly played with Richards, JVR and Hartnell.

In 2010-11 (76 points), he mainly played with Carter, Zherdev and JVR

that some real dead weight /s
His most frequent linemates in 2010-2011 were Carter, Powe, & Zherdev.

2009-2010
-Richards: 62PTS (31G, 31A)
-Hartnell: 44PTS (14G, 30A)
-JVR: 35PTS (15G, 20A)

2010-2011
-Carter: 66PTS (30G, 36A)
-Powe: 17PTS (7G, 10A)
-Zherdev: 22PTS (16G, 6A)

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_time_...+9+11+13+15+17


Last edited by LegionOfDoom91: 07-20-2013 at 03:12 PM.
LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:03 PM
  #103
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
I LOVE the timing of this so much. A bargain-rate bridge contract coming off a tough year that greatly improves the Flyers cap manueverability next summer. Yes, yes, yes.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:06 PM
  #104
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,226
vCash: 300
I like how people on the main board are so upset with this contract that they're Pretty much saying it is too good of a deal for the Flyers. The Homer Hate is in full irrational mode now.


Last edited by King Forsberg: 07-20-2013 at 05:52 PM.
King Forsberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:12 PM
  #105
Mjoedgaard
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
His most frequent linemates in 2010-2011 were Carter & Powe.

2009-2010
-Richards: 62PTS (31G, 31A)
-Hartnell: 44PTS (14G, 30A)
-JVR: 35PTS (15G, 20A)

2010-2011
-Carter: 66PTS (30G, 36A)
-Powe: 17PTS (7G, 10A)
-Zherdev: 22PTS (16G, 6A)
-JVR: 40PTS (21G, 19A)

http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_time_...+9+11+13+15+17
Why are you looking at Powe's most common linemate?

It works that you look at Giroux's linemates, not what linemates played the most with him.

Mjoedgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:12 PM
  #106
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,880
vCash: 500
Very nice deal. Will be fun when Couts puts up 45 points next year and starts to show some more offensive potential with some better line mates. Getting Vinny helps because it most likely will push a top 6 forward down with him. Either Read or Simmonds will help his offensive game.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Vinny-Simmonds/Read
xxx-Couts-Read/Simmonds

Maybe Laughton plays on the wing, but I really don't think that will help his overall potential. I would like to see Laughton on the fourth line centering Hall and Rinaldo. Talbot might get the last third line spot.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:15 PM
  #107
dawkins121
Registered User
 
dawkins121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjoedgaard View Post
In 2009-10 (when he had 47 points), he mainly played with Richards, JVR and Hartnell.

In 2010-11 (76 points), he mainly played with Carter, Zherdev and JVR

that some real dead weight /s
There it is

dawkins121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:16 PM
  #108
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjoedgaard View Post
Why are you looking at Powe's most common linemate?

It works that you look at Giroux's linemates, not what linemates played the most with him.
It's broken by most mintues played with that player whether its forward or defensemen. Giroux was the 3rd most frequent player playing with Powe that year.

Giroux mostly played with Richards & JVR the year before not Hartnell.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:21 PM
  #109
Mjoedgaard
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 50
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
It's broken by most mintues played with that player whether its forward or defensemen. Giroux was the 3rd most frequent player playing with Powe that year.

Giroux mostly played with Richards & JVR the year before not Hartnell.
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_time_...24+25+26+27+28

You can see that Powe was the 4th highest that year. The year before you can see that Hartnell is the 3rd highest

Mjoedgaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:24 PM
  #110
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjoedgaard View Post
http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_time_...24+25+26+27+28

You can see that Powe was the 4th highest that year. The year before you can see that Hartnell is the 3rd highest
You got me there I still don't how to read those things properly but that still doesn't take away the fact that both players benefited from playing with good linemates.

Giroux still did more with it in his first two years than Schenn has & was more dominate.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:26 PM
  #111
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Very nice deal. Will be fun when Couts puts up 45 points next year and starts to show some more offensive potential with some better line mates. Getting Vinny helps because it most likely will push a top 6 forward down with him. Either Read or Simmonds will help his offensive game.

Hartnell-Giroux-Voracek
Schenn-Vinny-Simmonds/Read
xxx-Couts-Read/Simmonds

Maybe Laughton plays on the wing, but I really don't think that will help his overall potential. I would like to see Laughton on the fourth line centering Hall and Rinaldo. Talbot might get the last third line spot.
Great now you jinxed it!







The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:29 PM
  #112
Prongo
Beer
 
Prongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 13,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan8828 View Post
Great now you jinxed it!






Honesty, the biggest reason I want to see him put up some numbers is for every single "scout" on HF to eat some of the largest crow they can find. Of course if he produces, the Flyers are going to be a better team with a major two way threat on our hands. It's unreal how many people on HF think they know him but just looking at his stats and saying he will never produce. He will get his numbers when he gets the linemates, which will be this year.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:33 PM
  #113
Wiqkid*
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Ann Arbor
Country: United States
Posts: 672
vCash: 500
Good signing, good time. Let him earn it and when he does, give him what the man? deserves.

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:37 PM
  #114
The Couturier Effect
Registered User
 
The Couturier Effect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 3,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Honesty, the biggest reason I want to see him put up some numbers is for every single "scout" on HF to eat some of the largest crow they can find. Of course if he produces, the Flyers are going to be a better team with a major two way threat on our hands. It's unreal how many people on HF think they know him but just looking at his stats and saying he will never produce. He will get his numbers when he gets the linemates, which will be this year.
Oh I agree 100%. I can't wait to see all of people who doubted him react to his breakout year, which should be soon...I hope.

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:45 PM
  #115
3Fs
Registered User
 
3Fs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Western Pa.
Country: United States
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Great signing and now we need to get Schenn signed for same now.

3Fs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:17 PM
  #116
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,553
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Nice. Didn't really expect this to happen yet.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:28 PM
  #117
MP92
blah
 
MP92's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,473
vCash: 500
Couts really gets **** on by other team's fans. It really pisses me off. None of them ever take the time to look at the role he plays, the players he plays with, ect. They just look at his points and think they have him all figured out. He didn't come into the league scoring like Landeskog, Huberdeau or RNH, so he must be a bust It's not just Couts they do it with either; they love t call B. Schenn a bust

I really don't get it. Everyone likes to accuse not just the Flyers of being impatient (which to some extent they used to be, I think they're turning the corner) but us fans as being impatient as well. Yet they're the ones who want to be quick to label our young players and we're the ones preaching to everyone to give them time to show what they can be.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:37 PM
  #118
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63
 
kudymen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Atlanta (Decatur)
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Couts really gets **** on by other team's fans. It really pisses me off. None of them ever take the time to look at the role he plays, the players he plays with, ect. They just look at his points and think they have him all figured out. He didn't come into the league scoring like Landeskog, Huberdeau or RNH, so he must be a bust It's not just Couts they do it with either; they love t call B. Schenn a bust

I really don't get it. Everyone likes to accuse not just the Flyers of being impatient (which to some extent they used to be, I think they're turning the corner) but us fans as being impatient as well. Yet they're the ones who want to be quick to label our young players and we're the ones preaching to everyone to give them time to show what they can be.
I couldn't even tell the difference from last year's main board threads if we replaced Couturier's name with Kadri's. Although this is not a perfect example since Couts has already shown something in the league (unlike last year's version of Nazem Kadri)

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:37 PM
  #119
Damaged Goods
Registered User
 
Damaged Goods's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 2,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjoedgaard View Post
Claude Giroux had 47 points in the season before his contract extension, Schenn had 45 prorated points (26 points in 47 games).

Giroux's play off numbers was 26 points in 29 games too Schenns 9 points in 11 games. They are much more even than people realize. The only reason Giroux's numbers look more impressive is because he played a full season and we had a deep play off run.
Producing at the same pace over 2x more games is more notable, but this is still a useful way to put things in perspective. I hope Schenn can crack 60 points this year.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:15 PM
  #120
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 29,733
vCash: 500
Awesome re-signing. Thanks for locking him up Homer for a bit longer !

SolidSnakeUS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:28 PM
  #121
healthyscratch
Registered User
 
healthyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philly
Posts: 5,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOREacek View Post
Couts really gets **** on by other team's fans. It really pisses me off. None of them ever take the time to look at the role he plays, the players he plays with, ect. They just look at his points and think they have him all figured out. He didn't come into the league scoring like Landeskog, Huberdeau or RNH, so he must be a bust It's not just Couts they do it with either; they love t call B. Schenn a bust

I really don't get it. Everyone likes to accuse not just the Flyers of being impatient (which to some extent they used to be, I think they're turning the corner) but us fans as being impatient as well. Yet they're the ones who want to be quick to label our young players and we're the ones preaching to everyone to give them time to show what they can be.
It's just ignorance, don't let it bother you. Plus they just like to rail on the Flyers which means they're jealous. When you don't know anything about a player other than what you read under his career stats tab on ESPN.com, it's probably a good thing to keep your uninformed opinions to yourself. But they don't care, just sit back and laugh at their idiocy and envy.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:30 PM
  #122
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 444
wow was expecting someting around 3.5m-4m/4years for next year , this deal is amazing, Schenn you're next

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:38 PM
  #123
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
wow was expecting someting around 3.5m-4m/4years for next year , this deal is amazing, Schenn you're next
Why's that? Offense pays out more than defense. He was also a RFA coming off a "down year".

Apparently him & his agent approached the Flyers about getting a deal done for some security. Couturier had no leverage in this situation right now to be commanding $3-4M a year.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:40 PM
  #124
Flyerss
Registered User
 
Flyerss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 4,625
vCash: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Why's that? Offense pays out more than defense. He was also a RFA coming off a "down year".

Apparently him & his agent approached the Flyers about getting a deal done for some security. Couturier had no leverage in this situation right now to be commanding $3-4M a year.
The homer effect

Flyerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:42 PM
  #125
LegionOfDoom91
Registered User
 
LegionOfDoom91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerss View Post
The homer effect
I know some around here don't like to give the guy credit for anything but he does extremely well locking up his RFA's ahead time at team friendly caphit's.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.