HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski bought out

Old
07-05-2013, 10:06 AM
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y

vCash: 500
Hate this team if no Gabbo and we sign 40 year old Alfie.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:15 AM
odin1981

Alfie repotedly wants between 4.5-6 million per. I don;t think we can afford to sign him unless we make cap room.

odin1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

vCash: 900
A 40 year old winger isn't exactly what I had in mind. Ugh. Also, per the Dreger tweets. How AREN'T we even in the murmurings regarding Grabovski?(I suppose Mindfly already adequately covered this.)

Cyborg Yzerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by odin1981 View Post
Alfie repotedly wants between 4.5-6 million per. I don;t think we can afford to sign him unless we make cap room.
"Well he fits in our 1-2 year contract window." God damn. I'd take Lecavalier for 5 years at 4.5 mil over Alfredsson at 6 mil for 2.(Yes, I know, I know. Broken Record.) But Holland's UFA season track record post lock out is seemingly getting worse every year.(Though I don't know if he can top last year's blunder.) I'm not completely against bringing in Alfredsson so long as it doesn't hinder playing Tatar and Nyquist. But this feels like indication to me that we're out on Weiss and Grabbo.

Old
07-05-2013, 11:03 AM
VladTheImpaler
Go Wings

Grabo has officially cleared waivers...hopefully we are in the hunt.

VladTheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:22 AM
Melbourne Ice
Happy Happy Happy!

Send a message via Yahoo to Melbourne Ice
Was just reading this on Spector's rumours:

No KHL for Mikhail Grabovski.

NBC SPORTS PRO HOCKEY TALK: Jason Brough cited a tweet from Yahoo! Sports’ Dmitry Chesnokov claiming former Maple Leafs forward Mikhail Grabovski wants to sign with an NHL team, having rejected the one offer he received from a KHL club. Brough suggested Winnipeg might be a good destination, as they could use depth at center following the departure of Alexander Burmistrov to the KHL.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: That shouldn’t be surprising. Grabovski gave no indication the KHL was an option. One reason he hasn’t landed a contract yet is he was on his honeymoon, as the Leafs bought him out the day before his wedding, which coincidentally was July 5, when this year’s UFA market began. The Jets could be interested, but it’ll depend on what Grabovski’s asking price. He won’t get over $5 million per season. Indeed, because of his buyout, he might have to accept half that.

If Grabo is in the 2.5m per year range, and given he could play with Datsyuk, wouldn't it be worth a chance? Put it this way,. I'd rather see Grabo get 2.5 for 3 years than Cleary.

Melbourne Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:46 AM
silkyjohnson50

I'd rather sign Grabo at 2.5 for 3 years than Cleary for one year at the league minimum.

As long as Babcock is the coach, I'll never be a proponent of bringing back Cleary.

silkyjohnson50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 02:36 AM
Cyborg Yzerman
Remember Alf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbourne Ice View Post
If Grabo is in the 2.5m per year range, and given he could play with Datsyuk, wouldn't it be worth a chance? Put it this way,. I'd rather see Grabo get 2.5 for 3 years than Cleary.
Oh hell yeah. But we need to remove a few forwards first. Also, I doubt he takes that.

Old
07-20-2013, 03:12 AM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melbourne Ice View Post
Given today's prices, I'll be very surprised if he's willing to settle for $2.5m on a short-term contract.

Crymson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Yzerman1919*

There is not a chance in hell that Grabovski gets only 2.5 mil

Yzerman1919* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:19 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerman1919 View Post
There is not a chance in hell that Grabovski gets only 2.5 mil
Yeah, if he did he would have been signed by now.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:02 PM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

Teams aren't going to suddenly find money. Teams that can't afford $4M a year today won't be able to afford it 4 weeks from now.
UFAs who want to play are going to have to accept less.
Won't hurt Grabovski much, since he's getting paid anyway

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:55 PM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Yeah, if he did he would have been signed by now.
Not if we're not going for it because we need Cleary back.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:08 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
Not if we're not going for it because we need Cleary back.
Wait...you're saying we're the only team that could sign Grabovski for $2.5? I think a bunch of other GMs might want to do that too.

Old
07-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Flowah

Quote:
Wait...you're saying we're the only team that could sign Grabovski for $2.5? I think a bunch of other GMs might want to do that too.
I'm just going based on your premise. That if he could be had for 2.5 he'd be signed by now.

Wings are in the east now. A contender that added a couple of good pieces this year and had good talent coming up. Has his good friend Datsyuk. And could pretty easily find 2.5M somewhere.

If he could be signed for just 2.5M I think the only reason we aren't hearing about a potential deal with the Wings is because we got enough centers and he wouldn't be on the wing because that's where Captain Canada goes. Plus, signing Cleary gets rid of any money we'd need for Grabo anyway.

Old
07-22-2013, 09:31 AM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
I'm just going based on your premise. That if he could be had for 2.5 he'd be signed by now.

Wings are in the east now. A contender that added a couple of good pieces this year and had good talent coming up. Has his good friend Datsyuk. And could pretty easily find 2.5M somewhere.

If he could be signed for just 2.5M I think the only reason we aren't hearing about a potential deal with the Wings is because we got enough centers and he wouldn't be on the wing because that's where Captain Canada goes. Plus, signing Cleary gets rid of any money we'd need for Grabo anyway.
Again, can you point out where I said that we're the only team that could sign him for $2.5 and Cleary is stopping us? You're putting words in my mouth, as you seem to enjoy doing to my posts.

My point stands: if he would have accepted $2.5, he'd have signed with someone by now.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Again, can you point out where I said that we're the only team that could sign him for $2.5 and Cleary is stopping us? You're putting words in my mouth, as you seem to enjoy doing to my posts.

My point stands: if he would have accepted $2.5, he'd have signed with someone by now.
Same with Brunner. I'm wondering when they break and either just sign somewhere to have a paycheck for a season and raise their value or if the go across the pond for a payday.

07-22-2013, 10:59 AM
crashman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
Same with Brunner. I'm wondering when they break and either just sign somewhere to have a paycheck for a season and raise their value or if the go across the pond for a payday.
Now that NJ has signed Jagr, it seems like Brunner might be screwed.

Like I said before free-agency, I wouldn't be shocked if he decides to goes back to Europe to play next year.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:00 AM
RedWingsNow*
SaskatoonDeathSquad

As is always the case, unless you're Parise and Suter, if you're not signed 4-5 days after free agency starts, you're out of luck,.

It's a great time to get bargains.

And this year, because of the cap dropping off-- the number of bargains out there is higher than ever.

RedWingsNow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:29 AM
Flowah

Quote:

I'm not putting words in your mouth.

You said if he could be had for 2.5 he'd be signed by now.

I said if he could be had for 2.5 he'd be signed by now unless the reason the Wings weren't going for him was because they are dead set on Cleary. And then I gave a few reasons why Grabo would be amenable to signing with the Wings.

I did not say that you said Cleary was blocking this signing. I said that you said if Grabovski could be signed for 2.5 he'd be signed already.

And then I added my own thought to it, not yours! I'm saying on my own, that if Grabo could be had for 2.5 the Wings could sign him and should try and should be on his shortlist. But NOT if they are obsessed with Cleary.

Last edited by Bench: 07-22-2013 at 03:30 PM.