HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Realistic Expections for Dougie Hamilton This Season.

Old
07-19-2013, 05:29 PM
SPV
Zoinks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
Are we making new predictions?

74 games, 9 goals, 24 assists
I think that's right on. A good comparison might be Zach Bogosian. Had about the same amount of games, points, minutes in his first season as an 18 year old. Next season, 10 goals, 23 points, and 21 minutes per game. I imagine a little size and a full training camp will do wonders for him.

Man, I can't wait for hockey to start, though I do love this hot weather!!

SPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:30 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
Wait are you saying Hamilton won't be on our top 4 defensemen?

As for Krug, I think he will be a starting defenseman. Whether 2nd or 3rd pairing doesn't matter to me. He has too much offense to sit. And the concerns about his height are overexaggerated. This isn't like football where the QB can more easily throw over the top of a short cornerback. This is hockey.

And I thought this was a Hamilton thread but there's more talk about Krug... my mistake.
I probably could have worded my post you responded to more clearly. I was saying that Krug played in the Cup finals, and there`s no way he`s not in that top 6 unless he has a disastrous camp which I suspect he won`t. I`ll be honest, not worried about his size/height at all, smart players overcome these things and although his pts weren`t there in the Finals, impossible to have expected him to continue that unreal tear he got on against the Rags

And Dougie not playing in the finals, while possibly being viewed by some as a negative, wasn`t for me, I`ll wager his time upstairs and being around that atmosphere will work in his favor moving forward

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Lobster57

vCash: 225
Did the Dougie curse get lifted last season?

Lobster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 01:49 PM
CanadianBruinsFan

I think he makes a huge jump defensively. Offensively it all depends on PP time. If he gets 3 minutes a game, I'll go 8 goals 25 assists. If he barely plays I don't see him surpassing 20-25 points.

I think we'll be happy with him, though.

CanadianBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 03:58 PM
RedeyeRocketeer

Hopefully he just learns to defend the 2 on 1 properly. Brutal at those.

RedeyeRocketeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:00 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster57 View Post
Did the Dougie curse get lifted last season?
Yep, against Florida I think.

He can score and we can win! (20% of the time)

Wouldn't be surprised to see a Krug-Hamilton PP pairing. They did in the playoffs, in the Rangers series, and it was ****ing incredible. Both of them could rack up serious points. If there's one place you can put him and be comfortable, it's on the PP. If he could get 16 points in 42 games last year, realistically 30 and higher is where I'd go. He got PP time as a rookie. That NEVER happens in the Bruins system. 30-40 is my expectation, along with some much improved D.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:23 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBruinsFan View Post
I think he makes a huge jump defensively. Offensively it all depends on PP time. If he gets 3 minutes a game, I'll go 8 goals 25 assists. If he barely plays I don't see him surpassing 20-25 points.

I think we'll be happy with him, though.
Im going with over 40 points this year.

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:31 PM
KrejciMVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post

Wouldn't be surprised to see a Krug-Hamilton PP pairing. They did in the playoffs, in the Rangers series, and it was ****ing incredible. Both of them could rack up serious points. If there's one place you can put him and be comfortable, it's on the PP. If he could get 16 points in 42 games last year, realistically 30 and higher is where I'd go. He got PP time as a rookie. That NEVER happens in the Bruins system. 30-40 is my expectation, along with some much improved D.
The Hamilton Krug combo is going to be great. Can't wait.

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:08 PM
bosox1001

With only really skimming at best on this thread, here's my take:

He will absolutely get more PP time, and I think the Bruins getting a little faster, and especially if they mix up some D pairings, could result in him getting some opportunities for good points. The Bruins transition game up ice is looking like it is going to improve a lot this next season.

So I would be his final line something like 10 G 30 A for 40 points, though he may get a few more goals if he can move the puck around on the PP like the team was doing in a few of those playoff rounds.

bosox1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 05:02 AM
ODAAT

Quote:

Some still insist that Julien never plays the kids

I will view this season a success for Dougie not based on what he does offensively, but how, I hope and believe he will continue to get better rounded and stronger in his own end. The offensive side of things comes naturally with him, once he learns to win those battles in his own end, his confidence will grow

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 06:26 AM
Dellstrom
The new age

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
Some still insist that Julien never plays the kids

I will view this season a success for Dougie not based on what he does offensively, but how, I hope and believe he will continue to get better rounded and stronger in his own end. The offensive side of things comes naturally with him, once he learns to win those battles in his own end, his confidence will grow
Definitely. You can improve on defense, most need a couple years and Dougie is no exception. The vision and offensive instincts he has can't be taught.

He'll get better defensively. Might take a few years, but he's 20. He was starting to do better in the battles later in the season, but he definitely needs some improvement there.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 06:32 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Definitely. You can improve on defense, most need a couple years and Dougie is no exception. The vision and offensive instincts he has can't be taught.

He'll get better defensively. Might take a few years, but he's 20. He was starting to do better in the battles later in the season, but he definitely needs some improvement there.
Agreed. It's not just about strength, but experience. The only way to learn is by doing. Fortunately he's an intelligent young man.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:12 PM
vjcsmoke

With his talent there's no question to me, Dougie is just going to improve from here on out. I think we'll see a solid 30-40 point season for him and an ever increasing defense ability. Once Dougie learns to turn his defense into offense at the NHL level, well watch out. He's going to be very dangerous!

vjcsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Agreed. It's not just about strength, but experience. The only way to learn is by doing. Fortunately he's an intelligent young man.
The fact that he so quickly became a sound member of the Bruins' top-4 (with a dip at the end of the year albeit) speaks so loudly for his place on the team going forward.

Leafs fans were laughing at the Bruins when they dealt Seguin, saying that they had officially "won" the Kessel deal. They forget that we have Dougie Hamilton, who could end up being better than either of the other two pieces. Not to mention the return for Seguin AND Jared Knight AND the Cup...

Really looking forward to watching Dougie's development in Boston for the next several years.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote