Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Schedule is out

Old
07-19-2013, 03:25 PM
KingSalamon

vCash: 500
It is an interesting schedule... we get Torts twice... er I mean we get Vancouver twice this season! (No 9pm start mind you but we get two visits from them)

It is a bit weird looking at the schedule compared to the previous two. Overall, I'm happy and look forward to seeing our new Conference rivals. I will not miss games against Carolina, Tampa and Florida. Washington always had some entertainment but I'll live without them too. One visit each from them is perfect.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 04:03 PM
MrGrinch

Glad to see they were able to get a New Years Ever game again this year. Realize its Buffalo and not a Toronto or Montreal... but I'll take it!!

I know I am in the minority, but glad that there are lots of matinee games. I find those are a lot easier to take kids too. Now I'm going to probably need to get rid of my Bomber tickets for the conflict game as well...

MrGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

vCash: 50
Looking at the schedule I can see that I'm going to go from not missing a game in the first two seasons to having to listen to about 10 while driving.
Makes me a sad panda.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 04:43 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Easy back-2-backs in October and November going from Minny to Winnipeg both times.
Plenty of days off is nice.
Few back-2-backs is nice.

Hmmm...Jets come to Nashville twice. Once in October and once in March. No way I could make the October game, but the March game...hmmmm.....

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:06 PM
ATHF
Go Jets Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
If you need a buddy to go with to a game let me know ill be there takin in all the games
Definitely down to meet up for a brewski or two for the Anaheim and LA games..hopefully they're victory beers!

ATHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

Nothing in Toronto until the very end of the season. Hopefully it will be a meaningful game (for us ...).

Andy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 06:54 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
Nothing in Toronto until the very end of the season. Hopefully it will be a meaningful game (for us ...).
Will be even better if it is a meaningful game for both of us and we win

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

I think I may try for one those games in Minnesota and the final regular season game in Calgary.

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:31 PM
Hockey Fan #751

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingjay View Post
Is there an iCal link out yet? Don't wanna have to input them all in the calendar manually if I don't have to.
http://jets.nhl.com/schedule/full.ics

Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Reed Solomon
GO ✈'s GO

It's not like the Bombers are going to be in contention anyways. Skip it.

Reed Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:17 AM
BigZ65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Solomon View Post
It's not like the Bombers are going to be in contention anyways. Skip it.
Bomber tickets are worthless though, at least could unload the Jets ones for some $$$.

BigZ65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:25 AM
Andy6
Court Jetster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Will be even better if it is a meaningful game for both of us and we win
Yes, it's hard to decide whether it would be more pleasurable if the Leafs had a 0-78 record at that time or, alternatively, if they were more like .500 and we eliminated them from playoff contention that night, while simultaneously clinching first place in the Central for ourselves.

Old
07-20-2013, 02:22 AM
sting13

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaJetsFan View Post
Hello everyone desperately need advice.

Returning home first week of November....was beside myself to see Nov 2. Jets vs Hawks and Bombers vs Ticats....new stadium!!!!

Then I saw the start times........ouch.

I phoned both clubs this morning and gave my feedback about the bad timing. The Bombers weren't aware of it yet and the Jets receptionist just quietly listened and said thanks at the end of the conversation.

Thank God Detroit is coming two nights later.

So what do I do, go all hockey with the defending cup champs or split it up and get the stadium in too?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you have the Jets tickets already? I assume that you know it's very hard
to get tickets to the games, especially the Stanley Cup Champions coming to the
city for the first time since the Jets have been back.

sting13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:14 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

Glancing at the divisions right now as they stand and I think give or take a Chicago we might be in the weakest division again? We won't know until the puck drops but we could have done worse. not trying to be cocky because our brutal track record for making the playoffs is a part of what makes the division weak.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 04:27 AM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Glancing at the divisions right now as they stand and I think give or take a Chicago we might be in the weakest division again? We won't know until the puck drops but we could have done worse. not trying to be cocky because our brutal track record for making the playoffs is a part of what makes the division weak.
I think the "talent" has actually moved into divisins fairly evenly.

Gnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:31 AM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
Quote:
I'd say the Metropolitan Division is definitely the hardest.

After that, it's a total toss up. Every division has very strong and very weak teams. Our division doesn't have a flat-out rebuilding team like Buffalo, or Calgary. Colorado is close, but they still have a ton of NHL ready talent - it just all happens to be at forward, similar to Edmonton.

I still say Minnesota ends up with the short end of the stick in our division.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:47 AM
ps241
It's closing time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I'd say the Metropolitan Division is definitely the hardest.

After that, it's a total toss up. Every division has very strong and very weak teams. Our division doesn't have a flat-out rebuilding team like Buffalo, or Calgary. Colorado is close, but they still have a ton of NHL ready talent - it just all happens to be at forward, similar to Edmonton.

I still say Minnesota ends up with the short end of the stick in our division.
The one downside of our division is most of the teams are young and they are trending up or their potential best days are ahead of them. Now they still have to make that happen but Colorado and Dallas have some nice young talent in their system.....St Louis is young and on the way up......Nashville is hard for me to get a read on.

I suppose I am taking this a bit OT

Schedule looks fine and whenever I think of complaining I always try to remember the envy I had as every summer rolled along between 1996 until 2010 in our city and I use to think....."imagine how those people at their cottages, by their pools, out at the beaches, or camping must have felt as summer wore down in Manitoba and they had an NHL season to look forward to in the winter".....I use to dream about how amazing that would be as I sat at my cottage in the summer and I was right. I am trying to never forget how lucky we are although human nature tends to make us adjust.

ps241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:15 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator

Anyone else find it weird to hit the forum jump menu and have the Jets entry in a different spot?

Really looking forward to this new division. The schedule drills home how different things are going to be.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 07:26 AM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Anyone else find it weird to hit the forum jump menu and have the Jets entry in a different spot?

Really looking forward to this new division. The schedule drills home how different things are going to be.

At this time of year I usually to a quick stop by the trade rumors & signings board on my way to the Jets board. Did that this morning, but then ended up on the Caps board. My 1st thought was why does anyone care about pickup hockey in the DC area before realizing it wasn't the Jets board.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit

vCash: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post

At this time of year I usually to a quick stop by the trade rumors & signings board on my way to the Jets board. Did that this morning, but then ended up on the Caps board. My 1st thought was why does anyone care about pickup hockey in the DC area before realizing it wasn't the Jets board.
We're not in Kansas anymore Toto.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 11:23 AM
drumzan
#NHLJets

Quote:
I think this season is going to be a big wakeup call for the Jets.

Losing the Wings to the East decreases the talent a little, but the West is still far superior.

In the East, you've got 3 guaranteed playoff teams...Pit, Det, Bos. In the West you've got 5...Chi, StL, LA, SJ, Van. Phx/Ana easily takes the other spot in the Pacific. Don't underestimate Dallas, they've played in the toughest division 2 years in a row and weren't far off from being a playoff team. Colorado has a ton of talent down the middle, Minnesota has a great defensive system and Nashville has a top 3 goaltender with arguably one of the best coaches and defenseman in the game.

Barring major injuries within the division, I'd be shocked if the Jets place better than 6th in the Central.

drumzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Andy6
Court Jetster

We play the Eastern Conference more than we play the Central Division. We play Chicago only 4 times, which is just once more than we played Eastern Conference non-divisional rivals like Toronto or Pittsburgh under the old set-up. It is a new system but the thing we're going to be struck by is less that Nashville is the new Tampa Bay -- a team from a distant city that keeps showing up at our arena every two weeks -- and more that we're getting a much bigger and more even exposure to teams from all the divisions (except our own). Divisions now have much greater say on making the playoffs, but are less significant in determining who's going to be in town next week.

Old
07-20-2013, 04:28 PM
scopar
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutchemist42 View Post
Wish we were playing in Minnesota on better day, Thursday night and Sunday afternoon........
Yeah, was hoping for a Saturday game.

scopar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Guardian17
Strong & Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post

Yep. I just logged on and noticed we're in the Central Division now!

Guardian17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 06:21 PM
BigTuna49
#WPGWHITEOUT

vCash: 84
Quote:
We really are. lol

Oh, but has anyone noticed the defensemen in our division? Suter, Brodin, Weber, Josi, Jones, Keith, Seabrook, Pietrangelo, Bouwmeester, Bogosian, Enstrom, Byfuglien, etc.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote