HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec takes the blame

Old
10-30-2006, 11:22 PM
znk

vCash: 500
He wasnt ready yet to handle the pressure of centering a guy like Kovalev. You dont want to mess up...and you start playing differently.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Mr. Hab

If this will be used...Pleks-Bonk-Johnson...thenAwesome line.

If it's Pleks with Latendresse, then...I hope Lats & Begin can benefit.

Pleks on (PK) Penalty Kill... .
He's an awesome PK'er and is always a threat to score (same with Higgins).
----------- ------------
If ever Koivu gets injured (only if he does), then Pleks with Higgins & Ryder would/could work (Higgins-Pleks-Ryder). (anyways...not gonna think about this now )...

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 01:17 AM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Typical Hab Fans

He won't be better than..

I know for a fact he won't reach...

He can only do...

You guyz should read what you were saying about Higgins... giving up on Pleks offensive potential like that!

The kid is going to be something...

You don't have that much heart + skill and not amount to anything...unless u get hit by a string of injuries (i.e. tuomo ruutu)

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 06:31 AM
Evil Ted

Remeber its only his 2nd season in the NHL, he will come around some more yet maybe latter this season he will be ready or next season even for that sort of duty. The guy has paid his dues and doesnt look out of place out there things just were not clicking quite right.

Evil Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 07:28 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
It's a bit premature to label a player after only 1 season and 10 games. I do think he's looked a bit out of place this year but so have other sophomores, it happens frequently in sports.

You never know how a player can developp and I've thought that since he's been drafted, he's shown an interesting offensive potential, one I think can translate to the NHL. He'll need time to achieve it most likely. We also have to remember what was said about players like Higgins after a few weeks in the season last year.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 07:34 AM
Darz

Statements like that really speak about Plek's maturity. By making a statement like that, he diffuses a situation before it can become a problem. With media and fans alike looking for a scape goat for the supposed lack of secondary scoring, Pleks grabs the bull by the horns, states 'It's my fault...sorry' and totally puts out the fire before it becomes a problem. This is the type of move a team captain makes, or a smart coach. Bravo to Plekanec's!!!!

10-31-2006, 07:41 AM
greatlakeshab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post
Statements like that really speak about Plek's maturity. By making a statement like that, he diffuses a situation before it can become a problem. With media and fans alike looking for a scape goat for the supposed lack of secondary scoring, Pleks grabs the bull by the horns, states 'It's my fault...sorry' and totally puts out the fire before it becomes a problem. This is the type of move a team captain makes, or a smart coach. Bravo to Plekanec's!!!!

Pleks has that leadership and takes responsibility. We have a very good core of players. Higgins, Perez, Pleks, Komi, and don't forget Chipchura Lapierre, Kost in future hopefully. These guys are starting to make me remember about the late 80's players that weren't the most skilled but all worked hard and showed leadership. I just hope Lats isn't Richer 2. Well if he becomes Richer the 50 goal scorer okay

greatlakeshab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 07:56 AM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded and Agrestic View Post
It's a bit premature to label a player after only 1 season and 10 games. I do think he's looked a bit out of place this year but so have other sophomores, it happens frequently in sports.

You never know how a player can developp and I've thought that since he's been drafted, he's shown an interesting offensive potential, one I think can translate to the NHL. He'll need time to achieve it most likely. We also have to remember what was said about players like Higgins after a few weeks in the season last year.
Well, I've been around this board for a few years now. If you find what they used to say about Higgins early on amusing, you should see what was said about Ryder when he was just a prospect. He was never going to make the Habs, and it was questionable whether he was even good enough to play for the Dogs. If he did make the Habs, it would only be as a 4th line grinder...no chance in hell of him ever being more than that...and so on...so went the thinking of the "resident experts" here. So yeah, some posters here do tend to "jump the gun" just a tad in rushing to conclusions on young players.

FisherKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 08:06 AM
greatlakeshab

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Well, I've been around this board for a few years now. If you find what they used to say about Higgins early on amusing, you should see what was said about Ryder when he was just a prospect. He was never going to make the Habs, and it was questionable whether he was even good enough to play for the Dogs. If he did make the Habs, it would only be as a 4th line grinder...no chance in hell of him ever being more than that...and so on...so went the thinking of the "resident experts" here. So yeah, some posters here do tend to "jump the gun" just a tad in rushing to conclusions on young players.
Yes Ryder stinks Chouinard the next Lecavalier

Old
10-31-2006, 08:28 AM
oli500

I like plekanec because hes allways given a effort on the ice, this being said I dont like it when I see him get a offensive role. I dont think hes suited for that role yet. For now hes a 3rd line center, Hes a better player when hes given a defensive role and when he plays with players his caliber, he Plays with alot more cofidence in those situation. Hes not quite ready for a offensive role. Alot of players seem to break out on year 4 of there career like Sundin,afenogenov etc. I still believe hes got some offensive potential but your not going to see it tell a bit later. That was a great experience but hes clearly not ready to take on a line and be in charge of a line that has players like kovalev on it.

hes a great teamate to have because hes a great guy in the locker room. The habs have to be patient with plekanec because eventualy its going to pay off.

oli500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 09:15 AM
greatlakeshab

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli500 View Post
I like plekanec because hes allways given a effort on the ice, this being said I dont like it when I see him get a offensive role. I dont think hes suited for that role yet. For now hes a 3rd line center, Hes a better player when hes given a defensive role and when he plays with players his caliber, he Plays with alot more cofidence in those situation. Hes not quite ready for a offensive role. Alot of players seem to break out on year 4 of there career like Sundin,afenogenov etc. I still believe hes got some offensive potential but your not going to see it tell a bit later. That was a great experience but hes clearly not ready to take on a line and be in charge of a line that has players like kovalev on it.

hes a great teamate to have because hes a great guy in the locker room. The habs have to be patient with plekanec because eventualy its going to pay off.
Plekanec might be like Carbonneau. When he was young he was a goal scorer but was transformed into a top defensive forward. Pleks will be great if he only becomes a top checker with average 20 goal seasons.

Old
10-31-2006, 09:45 AM
The King of Town

FWIW, I've always liked Plekanec... This just solidifies it for me.

For a third round pick he's quite a gem.

The King of Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Drive425

I have faith in Pleks. He's a hard worker with heart and great offensive skills. A real team guy. Very classy of him to take the heat for Kovy & Samy.

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 09:58 AM
Pascal

He's making Kovalev and Sammy look like idiots by saying that. He's showing maturity whereas they didn't seem to care.

Pleks is a perfect 3rd/4th line, so i don't mind him being dropped there.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 10:09 AM
Coco Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
He's making Kovalev and Sammy look like idiots by saying that. He's showing maturity whereas they didn't seem to care.

Agreed. And I think that our 4th line got better with Bégin on the wing instead of playing at center. Look out for Steve to put heavy pressure in the offensive zone.

I also think our 4th line will see more action. Right now (if 2nd line clicks...) all 4 lines are competitive.

Coco Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 11:31 AM
Boulette Cannon

This is what a good hockey player's about. He puts the team before personnal production.

Makes me love him even more.

Boulette Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 12:30 PM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

Sammy especially looks like the complete buffoon.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 03:52 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by #ZAMBONI# View Post
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/216145.html

Plekanec takes the blame for the bad production of the second line . He said that he tried to give the puck may be too much , and didn't play his own game .

He don't see his demotion to the fourth line as a punishement and say that he has now to works even harder .

one situation , two way to taking it !
Samsonov versus Plekanec ; me , myself and i from the first , team spirit from the second one .

to Plekanec .
Plekanec will be with the Habs longer than Samsonov, that's for sure.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 04:19 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
Sammy especially looks like the complete buffoon.
But as fans...Sammy keeps scoring and all will be forgotten...just ask Guy Lafleur...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 04:35 PM
White Snake*

Lats is extremely slow.

White Snake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2006, 04:36 PM
Chris Chelios

Its pretty embarassing for Kovalev and Sammy and it may translate in the looker room .. im pretty sure they wont apreciate a comment like that from a youngster.

Chris Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote