HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Most Memoriable Game of the Last 5 years?

Old
07-21-2013, 02:58 PM
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusty View Post
Funny enough I remember saying how "Torts is going to ruin the offensive spirit of Brass, Clowe, and Moore."
Did he? Brass was our best offensive player down the stretch and especially in the playoffs and Moore was on our first PP unit and probably our biggest threat from the D. And Clowe got injured. I don't think Torts ruined their offensive spirits at all.

If anything Torts was putting Brass and Moore in serious positions to succeed.

Brass went from an underachieving 3rd line center to our 1b in the playoffs and Torts was raving about how Brass was trying to take over games and he had to put him out there as much as he could. In the process leap frogging Brass over his best friend Richards. And Johnny Moore went from a #6 D man to being on our 1st PP unit.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:16 PM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen Sathers Cigar View Post
Did he? Brass was our best offensive player down the stretch and especially in the playoffs and Moore was on our first PP unit and probably our biggest threat from the D. And Clowe got injured. I don't think Torts ruined their offensive spirits at all.

If anything Torts was putting Brass and Moore in serious positions to succeed.

Brass went from an underachieving 3rd line center to our 1b in the playoffs and Torts was raving about how Brass was trying to take over games and he had to put him out there as much as he could. In the process leap frogging Brass over his best friend Richards. And Johnny Moore went from a #6 D man to being on our 1st PP unit.
spirits is all. The team had a different ummphf that night and the three new additions in Clowe, Moore, Brassard combining for 4 goals that night and was as good of a night those three had offensively with us.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:50 PM
Faxius

vCash: 2249
Aww man.. going through all these games, and reliving them in my mind, REALLY makes me miss Rangers hockey.. is it pre-season yet?

Faxius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:31 PM
KreidertheGlider
MDZ for NYR Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
....the Shootout loss to Philly in 2010. Up to this day, whenever I hear Olli Jokinen's name, I think, "**** you Olli Jokinen" in my head lol.
I don't think I hate a player more than Jokinen. Just because of that shootout and his face too.

Oh God I hate that face....

I hate him more than Cooke (****ing scum rat, Pitts), Pacioretty (McD hit this year), Lucic (hit on Miller last year).

KreidertheGlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 11:34 PM
cjc5103

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
The triple OT game
for me, it was absolutely this one. Partially because of the noise violation I received at 1am on a weeknight lol.

cjc5103 is offline   Reply With Quote