HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 17.0 - The "overlords loves football" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2013, 04:38 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 500
He is talented, but he seems to be mentally weak. A move to the MLS, where he will be largely left alone, should help him a lot. However, Arsenal is interested in him and he is too talented not to get a chance in Europe, especially being only 27. Maybe in a few years... or if Joey is ready to pay a huge sum. He makes 800k+ (in Euros) per month in France.

Old
07-21-2013, 04:45 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
He is talented, but he seems to be mentally weak. A move to the MLS, where he will be largely left alone, should help him a lot. However, Arsenal is interested in him and he is too talented not to get a chance in Europe, especially being only 27. Maybe in a few years... or if Joey is ready to pay a huge sum. He makes 800k+ (in Euros) per month in France.
I think you mean 80,000 p/w and not 800k Sure there are lots of European clubs interested in him (Arsenal being one of them), but I guess it comes down to him. Does he think he can still make it in the French NT, and start for an European Club? I guess only he knows. But don't neglect the possibility of him being signed by an North American club, and getting occasionally loaned to EU clubs to keep him "high profile"

Doubt we can afford the transfer fee + salary though.

Interesting quote I found.
Quote:
«Si des clubs sont intéressés et intéressants, je ne ferme la porte à rien du tout, a-t-il déclaré dans un entretien accordé à Ouest-France. Le plus important, c’est de jouer, mais il faut voir le projet sportif, si on compte sur moi, les moyens qu’on se donne pour réussir, avoir des idées bien claires, qui ne changent pas après une défaite… J’ai une certaine conception du football, de la philosophie de jeu, je sais dans quelles conditions je peux m’épanouir ou non. C’est ce qui prime sur le reste même s’il y a un aspect économique qui entre en jeu.»
PS. Gourcuff played in Milan with Nesta

Old
07-21-2013, 04:48 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
I think you mean 80,000 p/w and not 800k Sure there are lots of European clubs interested in him (Arsenal being one of them), but I guess it comes down to him. Does he think he can still make it in the French NT, and start for an European Club? I guess only he knows. But don't neglect the possibility of him being signed by an North American club, and getting occasionally loaned to EU clubs to keep him "high profile"

Doubt we can afford the transfer fee + salary though.
Yeah, 80k per week seems more realistic haha.

I know we can afford the transfer fee + the salary, the question is: do we want to? Especially for a guy that is a mental midget. I'd rather go for Kaka. No transfer fee would be required and he is a good friend of Nesta's. With Juninho gone from NYRB and his brother not getting any playing time (is he still there?) he probably doesn't want to go there. He might be injury prone, but he woulnd't cost as much as Gourcouff and he is likelier to succeed, IMO.

Old
07-21-2013, 04:52 PM
deandebean

I have a favor to ask those of you regulars to Saputo Stadium. I am bringing about 35 clients to the game next Saturday, by bus, from Gatineau. Our clients want to have a tailgate. Now, where is there a parking where we can have our own tailgate party? is there already a designated area to do so? Thanks for the help!

Old
07-21-2013, 04:52 PM
VanNistelrooy

Was at Saputo Stadium for the reserve game, Pisanu didn't seem to care for one second.

Old
07-21-2013, 04:55 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Yeah, 80k per week seems more realistic haha.

I know we can afford the transfer fee + the salary, the question is: do we want to? Especially for a guy that is a mental midget. I'd rather go for Kaka. No transfer fee would be required and he is a good friend of Nesta's. With Juninho gone from NYRB and his brother not getting any playing time (is he still there?) he probably doesn't want to go there. He might be injury prone, but he woulnd't cost as much as Gourcouff and he is likelier to succeed, IMO.
I agree that Kaka would be better. But do we have more chances getting Gourcuff, or Kaka? I'd put my money on Gourcuff since he played here in a Friendly and his Dad played for MTL. If you look at Kaka, all we can really rely on is Alessandro's persuading him imo.

Old
07-21-2013, 04:59 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean View Post
I have a favor to ask those of you regulars to Saputo Stadium. I am bringing about 35 clients to the game next Saturday, by bus, from Gatineau. Our clients want to have a tailgate. Now, where is there a parking where we can have our own tailgate party? is there already a designated area to do so? Thanks for the help!
You can have your party in the parking lot on Viau. Plenty of people are tail gating there. Nothing huge, but there are a few groups.

Quote:
I agree that Kaka would be better. But do we have more chances getting Gourcuff, or Kaka? I'd put my money on Gourcuff since he played here in a Friendly and his Dad played for MTL. If you look at Kaka, all we can really rely on is Alessandro's persuading him imo.
All we had to convince Nesta to come here was his friendship with MDV, so, why not?

As for Gourcouff, he is younger and he has more to prove than Kaka. He would gain by staying in Europe. As for Kaka, he already has been excluded from his NT, he can come here and not lose a thing. No team in Europe will pay him top dollars when he can't be a full time starter for a good club anymore. He could surely go to a smaller club, but why would he when he can make the same pay here in be a star? Doesn't mean he would choose MTL, but I'm pretty sure seing Kaka in the MLS is likelier than to see Gourcouff. At least, for now.

Old
07-21-2013, 05:03 PM
deandebean

Quote:
You can have your party in the parking lot on Viau. Plenty of people are tail gating there. Nothing huge, but there are a few groups.

All we had to convince Nesta to come here was his friendship with MDV, so, why not?

As for Gourcouff, he is younger and he has more to prove than Kaka. He would gain by staying in Europe. As for Kaka, he already has been excluded from his NT, he can come here and not lose a thing. No team in Europe will pay him top dollars when he can't be a full time starter for a good club anymore. He could surely go to a smaller club, but why would he when he can make the same pay here in be a star? Doesn't mean he would choose MTL, but I'm pretty sure seing Kaka in the MLS is likelier than to see Gourcouff. At least, for now.
Thanks!

Old
07-21-2013, 05:06 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:

Your point is solid, so I can't really say anything about that. The only "soft spot" is that Sandro is probably leaving in December once the CCL is done [as per NDS]. So once Sandro is gone, will Kaka still want to stay? I mean if Sandro is the main reason why he choses MTL over NY/LA, why would he want to stay once Alessandro retires? I mean Kaka in MTL would be amazing, it would be a massive statement to the whole league both on a financial level and a competitive level. It would be the ideal signing.

Its real hard to compete with teams like NY/LA.. Thats why we need more players like Marco Di Vaio and Alessandro Nesta on our team in order to convince Foreign talents to join the "CLUB" of Montreal, above the "CITIES" of New York & LA

Old
07-21-2013, 08:17 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

Quote:
Your point is solid, so I can't really say anything about that. The only "soft spot" is that Sandro is probably leaving in December once the CCL is done [as per NDS]. So once Sandro is gone, will Kaka still want to stay? I mean if Sandro is the main reason why he choses MTL over NY/LA, why would he want to stay once Alessandro retires? I mean Kaka in MTL would be amazing, it would be a massive statement to the whole league both on a financial level and a competitive level. It would be the ideal signing.

Its real hard to compete with teams like NY/LA.. Thats why we need more players like Marco Di Vaio and Alessandro Nesta on our team in order to convince Foreign talents to join the "CLUB" of Montreal, above the "CITIES" of New York & LA
When it comes to Kaka, I see the fact that our appeal is our club and not the glamour of our city as an advantage. Kaka is a very religious family-first kind of guy. He doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that absolutely seeks a glamourous city and that's why Nesta, even if he leaves in September, can be an asset in these negociations.

He can sell the family-like atmosphere in Montreal, he can sell the multicultural community, he can sell the lifestyle and he can sell the club, our owner, etc. He can tell him how much we progressed in a year and how serious we are. He can say we are building a strong fondation and not just throwing money everywhere to buy every good player there is.

Don't forget that we are owned by a very passionate man, not by a corporation like NYRB (Reb Bull) and LA (AiG). We can give him as much money as they can + Kaka isn't a guy that has such appeal in NA that he would benefit greatly from being in LA or NY (for sponsorship money, he likely won't get many either way, he isn't a brandname in NA). We offered 5M$+ for Drogba if I remember correctly, we can afford Kaka if he wants to come and I think he would be a perfect fit here, both sport-wise and personality-wise.

Old
07-21-2013, 10:20 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Lmao

Old
07-21-2013, 11:49 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Lmao
Hahahaha

Do you have one of when he beat his man and that guy went colliding with his own teammate?

Old
07-22-2013, 12:21 PM
HNS*

??????

Old
07-22-2013, 12:51 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by HNS View Post
??????
What?

Old
07-22-2013, 01:11 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
What?
It's interesting. What could all of these question marks mean??????

Old
07-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Benzaza

Hello Super #IMFC Fans,

The latest on MountRoyalSoccer.com

Nick De Santis working on bringing reinforcements : Midfield Solution

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...market-mercato

The Montreal Impact and FC Dallas extend their winless streaks with 0-0 draw

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...scoreless-draw

Old
07-22-2013, 01:53 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
It's interesting. What could all of these question marks mean??????
Maybe its our future DP trying to communicate with us

Old
07-22-2013, 02:00 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Maybe its our future DP trying to communicate with us
Speaking of which...

Impact de Montréal @impactmontreal
#IMFC en négociation avec le milieu de terrain argentin Hernán Bernardello ******/ncRnG pic.twitter.com/BVYkuiGcop

¿quién?

Old
07-22-2013, 02:04 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Quote:
Speaking of which...

#IMFC en négociation avec le milieu de terrain argentin Hernán Bernardello ******/ncRnG pic.twitter.com/BVYkuiGcop

¿quién?
Who dat?

Old
07-22-2013, 02:04 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Speaking of which...

¿quién?
Beat me to it. I swear I wrote that completely randomly lol. I had absolutely no idea this was comming

Apparantly hes a good free kick taker. Nice pedigree behind him. Probably a DP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hern%C3%A1n_Bernardello

Old
07-22-2013, 02:11 PM
ThaDevilGirl

Quote:
Beat me to it. I swear I wrote that completely randomly lol. I had absolutely no idea this was comming

Apparantly hes a good free kick taker. Nice pedigree behind him. Probably a DP.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hern%C3%A1n_Bernardello
Good at free kicks? Consider him signed.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:12 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Well he's young...

Old
07-22-2013, 02:20 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Good at free kicks? Consider him signed.
Yep. This team wastes way too many free kicks and corners.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:32 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

26 years old, good, but I can't find anything else on him. Surprised he would be a DP. Having him as a DM to help Bernier out could be great for our defense.

Old
07-22-2013, 02:40 PM
Et le But

I'm not personally familiar with him but from what I can research Bernardello is a pretty typical Argentine volante/regista, best playing deep as a DM/CM. Decent at winning balls back, not overly athletic but can tackle, good passer, good free kick taker. Not the type who puts up stats but can dictate tempos, retain possession, and commit to the pressing game. Basically a poor man's Redondo.

Has experience in the Argentine Primera, Spanish La Liga and Segunda. Is supposed to sign with Mexican team Puebla for next year.

Closed Thread