HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL 13 GM CONNECTED | ACTIVITY CHECK COMPLETE | 11 Teams Available | Xbox 360 |

Closed Thread

Old
07-19-2013, 02:17 PM
EE AY HOCKEY CONNECT

vCash: 500
Nobody said that you must be an oiler fan to be in this league. I just don't think that someone who has no problem letting this league die after everyone has worked so hard at their teams should shotgun commish for next season, especially if they aren't active members of this board. Someone who is a die hard oilers fan who is incredibly active like Game 847 would be better suited.

Everyone is in several leagues. If you don't have time, that's cool, just keep people in the loop. Everyone has family friends activities and obligations. No reason you can't take 2 minutes to let us know if you miss a sim. It's been 1 sim in 7 or 8 days without so much as a heads up to anyone.

That's what I mean by respect. I have an our or so to play most weeknights. It sucks when I go to my favorite league and it's as good as dead for no good reason.

Old
07-19-2013, 02:21 PM
TheLarsonator

vCash: 473
Ok lets take a breather here, it's a videogame and we all have stuff going on outside of it. Faithful has been too notch since taking over as commish in this league and I can almost guarantee every member in this league/who has participated in the league would welcome him back with open arms for NHL 14. Can't we all just get along

Old
07-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EE AY HOCKEY CONNECT View Post
Nobody said that you must be an oiler fan to be in this league. I just don't think that someone who has no problem letting this league die after everyone has worked so hard at their teams should shotgun commish for next season, especially if they aren't active members of this board. Someone who is a die hard oilers fan who is incredibly active like Game 847 would be better suited.

Everyone is in several leagues. If you don't have time, that's cool, just keep people in the loop. Everyone has family friends activities and obligations. No reason you can't take 2 minutes to let us know if you miss a sim. It's been 1 sim in 7 or 8 days without so much as a heads up to anyone.

That's what I mean by respect. I have an our or so to play most weeknights. It sucks when I go to my favorite league and it's as good as dead for no good reason.
That's fine if he wants to be Comish so be it. I've been in this league since season one. I ran this league as best as I could!! We have been talking about NHL 14 since November and we all said I would be Comish and players from day 1 will get first dibs at what team they want!! You joined this league a month a go half the people in here joined since season 1 hence why I told everyone I will still be Comish in NHL 14 just so they know I'm not leaving the game for good!! The respect I showed was more that what I could have done I could have just not said anything and not care right??? But I put so much effort as did everyone else in this league did. And to let it die is ridiculous!! I understand I didn't sim I. A while I'm sorry but I tried!! It take like 10 mins to sim sometimes.

Old
07-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Delete

Old
07-19-2013, 02:54 PM
EE AY HOCKEY CONNECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faithful67 View Post
That's fine if he wants to be Comish so be it. I've been in this league since season one. I ran this league as best as I could!! We have been talking about NHL 14 since November and we all said I would be Comish and players from day 1 will get first dibs at what team they want!! You joined this league a month a go half the people in here joined since season 1 hence why I told everyone I will still be Comish in NHL 14 just so they know I'm not leaving the game for good!! The respect I showed was more that what I could have done I could have just not said anything and not care right??? But I put so much effort as did everyone else in this league did. And to let it die is ridiculous!! I understand I didn't sim I. A while I'm sorry but I tried!! It take like 10 mins to sim sometimes.
It's all good man. It was just a suggestion as it seemed lately you didn't care too much shout this league. In 2014 there will also be a summertime, my thought was that if you are too busy this summer we may have the same issue as this summer. It sucks when a league dies. You did manage o keep this one going. Thanks for that. I only want a bit of communication regarding sims. Married guys like myself have to negotiate when we can come online to play. It sucks having to argue with my wife to play then to hop on and the League is mostly dead without at explanation.

I hade also been here from the beggining. Not just the last month or so. Different name and handle. I gave my Xbox away when I moved and bought one a month later.

Old
07-19-2013, 03:07 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

Quote:
It's all good man. It was just a suggestion as it seemed lately you didn't care too much shout this league. In 2014 there will also be a summertime, my thought was that if you are too busy this summer we may have the same issue as this summer. It sucks when a league dies. You did manage o keep this one going. Thanks for that. I only want a bit of communication regarding sims. Married guys like myself have to negotiate when we can come online to play. It sucks having to argue with my wife to play then to hop on and the League is mostly dead without at explanation.

I hade also been here from the beggining. Not just the last month or so. Different name and handle. I gave my Xbox away when I moved and bought one a month later.
All good fair enough. Friends?? yeah I'm 21 and not married so I see where your coming from!!

Sorry to everyone for letting the league bleed out a little. Game 8 will be Comish and chances are it will be the same for me next summer Iso Game 8 if want to be Comish you can!

Old
07-19-2013, 03:15 PM
czar99

vCash: 50
Question faithful are you commishing NHL14?

And I think it was agreed that original players get dibs on there original teams for next year right?

Old
07-19-2013, 03:21 PM
EE AY HOCKEY CONNECT

Quote:
All good fair enough. Friends?? yeah I'm 21 and not married so I see where your coming from!!

Sorry to everyone for letting the league bleed out a little. Game 8 will be Comish and chances are it will be the same for me next summer Iso Game 8 if want to be Comish you can!
No worries bro. Just a little crabby being home sick today I guess.

Truth be told you are a kick ass commish. We are lucky to have you next year. Ill be here for sure.

Old
07-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Game 8

Quote:

Thanks Bud I appreciate it! We should move this around if necessary just to keep things flowing if one person is busy! Also I would like to see the decisions on the league made by the majority, there have been a few proposals out there as to how we start NHL 14, why dont we see what the majority prefers? I like the idea of having dibs on my old team as well but this should be a democracy or as close as it can be to one for it to work the best!

Guys I will Sim tonight and Sunday, by Sunday I should have the revised sim schedule up to reflect some of the days we have lost!

Last edited by Game 8: 07-19-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old
07-21-2013, 01:50 AM
EE AY HOCKEY CONNECT

Oh echo is a little *****

I've played him 6-7 times in various leagues and he has won every time.

We played tonight and for the first time ever I beat him. I won 4-2 and with 1.5 left he quit.

We are fighting neck and neck for the playoffs and he pulls this garbage. What a joke.

Looking at his DNF it's a disgrace he is even in this league. Some simple math shows that he has playes alot vs the computer and quit several of those games as well.

I have never quit vs him even tho he skated around the ice playing keep away for the last minute of a 1 goal game.

I sure hope in 2014 there is a way to monitor some of this ******** that these punks get away with.

Game 8 please bounce this loser

Old
07-21-2013, 12:19 PM
Game 8

Quote:
Oh echo is a little *****

I've played him 6-7 times in various leagues and he has won every time.

We played tonight and for the first time ever I beat him. I won 4-2 and with 1.5 left he quit.

We are fighting neck and neck for the playoffs and he pulls this garbage. What a joke.

Looking at his DNF it's a disgrace he is even in this league. Some simple math shows that he has playes alot vs the computer and quit several of those games as well.

I have never quit vs him even tho he skated around the ice playing keep away for the last minute of a 1 goal game.

I sure hope in 2014 there is a way to monitor some of this ******** that these punks get away with.

Game 8 please bounce this loser
We cant have this in the league, is he on hf? If so consider this a warning. I like to talk to people first. Also if you are invited to games you are obligated to play!

Old
07-21-2013, 12:23 PM
EE AY HOCKEY CONNECT

So I just let the game go to sim?

He is online and won't set his computer or play me.

**** this

Old
07-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Game 8

Quote:

**** this
No I sent you a private message, you will get your points back!

Old
07-21-2013, 02:50 PM
camwise

Quote:

**** this
Ya ive definitely had similar experiences in the past with him, sucks

Old
07-21-2013, 03:07 PM
EE AY HOCKEY CONNECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by camwise View Post
Ya ive definitely had similar experiences in the past with him, sucks
What a loser. He still won't respond to any of my Live messages. What does someone have to do around here to get booted?

Does he even have an HF Acct? His dnf% alone should get him the boot.

Still waiting on him to atleast let me play his comp.

Old
07-21-2013, 05:21 PM
Game 8

Hes gone boys. I tried to play him as well and he keeps ducking out I hate that ****. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Old
07-21-2013, 06:02 PM
EE AY HOCKEY CONNECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game 8 View Post
Hes gone boys. I tried to play him as well and he keeps ducking out I hate that ****. Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
Right on dude.

Thanks

Old
07-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

the avs have not been on in 11 days if he didnt set cpu kick him. he was pretty inactive as it was. and he is sitting in 8th

hahahaha if playoffs starteed today in the east it would be

1 vs 8 and 2 vs 7 would be cpu series hahah

Old
07-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Game 8

Quote:
the avs have not been on in 11 days if he didnt set cpu kick him. he was pretty inactive as it was. and he is sitting in 8th

hahahaha if playoffs starteed today in the east it would be

1 vs 8 and 2 vs 7 would be cpu series hahah
Done!

Old
07-22-2013, 12:15 PM
Faithful67
Best Believe It!!

1 game left will you be on or do i play your cpu

Old
07-22-2013, 12:57 PM
EE AY HOCKEY CONNECT

Quote:
1 game left will you be on or do i play your cpu
Yeah I play Chicago too. Is he allowing us to play?

Also faithful I got you in Americanadian. Ill be on after 6 MST

Old
07-22-2013, 09:02 PM
Game 8

and can you please explain your trade to me? It is WAY to one sided!

Old
07-22-2013, 10:15 PM
Spartacles

Send a message via MSN to Spartacles
Quote:
Yeah I play Chicago too. Is he allowing us to play?

Also faithful I got you in Americanadian. Ill be on after 6 MST
Ya giver.

Old
07-23-2013, 12:26 AM
EE AY HOCKEY CONNECT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game 8 View Post
and can you please explain your trade to me? It is WAY to one sided!
Lol. It's not that bad!

Sedin is still 89 (which does make him the best player in the entire deal. Sure Tavares is younger but I doubt this league makes in to the end of next season before 2013 comes out. With rest being said, those players can be considered a wash.

Also, in Americanadian I just drafted the islanders with my team pick at 14th overall for 2014. Leaving teams like SJ and Philly on the board. I wants to practice with Tavares after I saw camwise post that he doesn't want anything to do with Tavares. He is a mile out of the playoffs and mentioned that he was interested in moving some players out.

As for as the rest goes, horak for an overpaid perron who is signed for 3 years ar triple the ammount for a injured expnsive player with 3 years left on his deal. Brouwer and moss are a wash. That leaves tinordi + A 4.5 star prospect For Carlson.

I guess that's a bit off. In the real world it could make sense. It's t deadline, he is in sell mode (I'm guessing) and I sent over a 4 star 80 dman, as well as a playable 75 4.5 star player that's 23. Next season he could be in the early to mid 80s @ 800K. To me that is the type of deals that get done at th deadline. A team trying desperately to make the playoffs trading there top 2 d prosects for a 6M veteran to a team shedding salary and looking to next year.

I won't deny that I am friends and colleagues with wiserc so I have problem with the trade being voided. Tbh I have been trying to get Tavares for from him forever. He is a nucks fan and loves the sedins.

Whatever you chose is all good by me

Old
07-23-2013, 09:08 AM
Game 8

Quote:
Lol. It's not that bad!

Sedin is still 89 (which does make him the best player in the entire deal. Sure Tavares is younger but I doubt this league makes in to the end of next season before 2013 comes out. With rest being said, those players can be considered a wash.

Also, in Americanadian I just drafted the islanders with my team pick at 14th overall for 2014. Leaving teams like SJ and Philly on the board. I wants to practice with Tavares after I saw camwise post that he doesn't want anything to do with Tavares. He is a mile out of the playoffs and mentioned that he was interested in moving some players out.

As for as the rest goes, horak for an overpaid perron who is signed for 3 years ar triple the ammount for a injured expnsive player with 3 years left on his deal. Brouwer and moss are a wash. That leaves tinordi + A 4.5 star prospect For Carlson.

I guess that's a bit off. In the real world it could make sense. It's t deadline, he is in sell mode (I'm guessing) and I sent over a 4 star 80 dman, as well as a playable 75 4.5 star player that's 23. Next season he could be in the early to mid 80s @ 800K. To me that is the type of deals that get done at th deadline. A team trying desperately to make the playoffs trading there top 2 d prosects for a 6M veteran to a team shedding salary and looking to next year.

I won't deny that I am friends and colleagues with wiserc so I have problem with the trade being voided. Tbh I have been trying to get Tavares for from him forever. He is a nucks fan and loves the sedins.

Whatever you chose is all good by me
Thanks for the response. Can you guys make it a little more even? When I saw it it looked like three top line young players for a Sedin that has aged eight years since we started this league. Great trade for you, but if one person gives up and trades a crap load of good players to overload another team its not fair to the rest of us!

Closed Thread