HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New OT Thread: Spring Training is Here!

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
For the second consecutive day (and loss) a Blue Jays starting pitcher has called out the team saying "We're overrated". Buehrle yesterday, R.A. Dickey today.

It seems to me that the starting pitchers are getting frustrated with the hitters' lack of production, particularly with men on base (I lost count of the amount of runners they stranded today) but the starters need to take some responsibility as well. Their collective ERA is disgustingly bad.
The entire team is bad.

Can't hit, can't pitch.

And the damndest thing of all is I honestly can't decide whether this is AA's fault or not. It is, but it isn't.

Sig AND X-mas avatar courtesy of The Nemesis

"Pull yourself together!" - Solid Snake to Otacon, multiple times in the series
Old
07-21-2013, 06:20 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
The entire team is bad.

Can't hit, can't pitch.

And the damndest thing of all is I honestly can't decide whether this is AA's fault or not. It is, but it isn't.
I hate the way he and Gibbons have handled certain things this year (Lawrie belongs in the minors, Muni up with the big club) but yeah, bizarre situation, indeed. When you assemble talent like this in baseball it should, should equate to wins. The Dodgers went through similar troubles earlier in the season but seem to be turning it around.

Old
07-21-2013, 07:40 PM
jackstar

I posted this in the yeg forum but it might be better here. It sounds as though when the Capitals or the city of Edmonton find a new sponsor for the former Telus Field they are going to try to build a new field. Or well want to anyways

Old
07-22-2013, 01:48 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Anyone know a good place to get rotors and brake pads put on? Called Midas and Kal-Tire neither place will put on aftermarket rotors or brake pads. Called the stealership and its gonna cost $460 which I think seems waaaaay overpriced. Any help guys.

Old
07-22-2013, 07:03 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

My goodness, the Blue Jays are a ****ing mess. Every single player in that line-up is staring into space, completely shell-shocked.

Old
07-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
My goodness, the Blue Jays are a ****ing mess. Every single player in that line-up is staring into space, completely shell-shocked.
I made several posts about that in the Jays thread on the Leafs board. The team as it is is probably even more unbalanced than the Oilers.

Old
07-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Jepprey
Creeper

Yes, they pooped on my hopes for a playoff push. POOPED!

Like I said before, reminded me of that one off-season when they acquired BJ Ryan and AJ Burnett and bombed. That hype times 10 is what is happening right now.

Old
07-23-2013, 12:06 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jepprey View Post
Yes, they pooped on my hopes for a playoff push. POOPED!

Like I said before, reminded me of that one off-season when they acquired BJ Ryan and AJ Burnett and bombed. That hype times 10 is what is happening right now.
Yeah, it's sad. That particular 2006 team would be in the Wildcard/Playoff picture right now.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2006.shtml

It's pretty funny looking at that line-up. This Blue Jays team has them beat talent-wise ten times over.

Old
07-23-2013, 12:10 AM
Cloned
Sexy Genesis

Quote:
Yeah, it's sad. That particular 2006 team would be in the Wildcard/Playoff picture right now.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2006.shtml

It's pretty funny looking at that line-up. This Blue Jays team has them beat talent-wise ten times over.
Not really though. That Blue Jays lineup actually had a pretty balanced hitting lineup, which this team does not have. The pitching is pretty bad in both lineups, although this year's roster has more "name" players so you would expect better results. And of course this year's team doesn't have an ace or anything resembling one. (Which makes me angry again at how we wasted Halladay's years)

Old
07-23-2013, 09:18 AM
McRib
2nd Rate Fan

This looks like a fine place to be discussing youtube guitar sensations.

Old
07-23-2013, 09:16 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I wonder if the pitchers are going to blame the hitters tonight after letting an 8-3 lead turn into a 10-8 deficit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloned View Post
Not really though. That Blue Jays lineup actually had a pretty balanced hitting lineup, which this team does not have. The pitching is pretty bad in both lineups, although this year's roster has more "name" players so you would expect better results. And of course this year's team doesn't have an ace or anything resembling one. (Which makes me angry again at how we wasted Halladay's years)
The hitting line-up is definitely more balanced but they still overachieved, I think. When you assemble as much talent as AA has here you should be winning more games. This is completely unacceptable. Knobs like Arencibia, Rasmus and even Lawrie need to be booted. Useless strikeout machines.

Old
07-24-2013, 12:33 AM
jackstar

Quote:
I wonder if the pitchers are going to blame the hitters tonight after letting an 8-3 lead turn into a 10-8 deficit.

The hitting line-up is definitely more balanced but they still overachieved, I think. When you assemble as much talent as AA has here you should be winning more games. This is completely unacceptable. Knobs like Arencibia, Rasmus and even Lawrie need to be booted. Useless strikeout machines.

You are pretty crazy if you think that because Rasmus strikes out a lot that he is useless. If he keeps on doing what he is doing this year he Will be something like top 5 centre fielders. The guy has a lot of value.

Old
07-24-2013, 01:43 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackstar View Post
You are pretty crazy if you think that because Rasmus strikes out a lot that he is useless. If he keeps on doing what he is doing this year he Will be something like top 5 centre fielders. The guy has a lot of value.
Wow, quality centre fielders must be scarce in Major League Baseball.

Old
07-24-2013, 03:34 PM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

http://eater.com/archives/2013/07/24...-in-canada.php
Quote:
Here's a sweet story out of Edmonton, Canda: Yesterday morning an anonymous customer at a downtown Tim Hortons doughnut shop purchased 500 cups of coffee, asking the shop to give its next 500 customers coffee on him. According to the Canadian Press, the man spent a whopping $859, and the staff gave away the 500th cup early this morning. Customers were reportedly "thrilled."

Old
07-24-2013, 09:36 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Rasmus screws up a routine play to allow the Dodgers to tie the ball game 3-3 in the top of the 9th inning.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

And now Perez yields a two run home run in the top of the 10th inning. 5-3 Dodgers.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:54 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

8-3 Dodgers final after they decided to stop taking it easy on the Jays in the 10th inning.

Old
07-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Philly85
Moody'

I think you're the only who finds it funny. You've been obsessed with their downfall since day 1 of the season, seemingly hoping for the worst so you can continue to heap on with the barrage of negative/ridiculing/mocking posts. Yes it sucks, yes it's embarrassing, but give it a rest. The Dodgers are in the midst of a powerful road winning streak and the Jays just aren't clicking on any level. It's purely psychological with them at this point.

Also, John Gibbons was a flat out bad hire by Anthopolous. Dickey sign and trade was bad as well, in order to have him as an ace of staff at least.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

I've followed the Blue Jays for a long, long time and have vivid memories of the two World Series victories but I've never been too emotionally attached to the club. So yeah, it's pretty easy for me to sit back and laugh at them.

So much bravado, so much hype and for one of the worst teams in Major League Baseball. All you can do is laugh.

Old
07-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Philly85
Moody'

And I'm just saying all I ever see you do on these boards is be obscenely negative/condescending in regards to pretty much everything. Not saying any of it isnt justified. Point being give it a rest and find something better to do. Unless you truly do find it funny in which case I'm sorry... This is a lost season for the Jays, watch and be a fan or just pack it in and hope for new beginnings next year, that's all one can really do rather than waste precious summer time watching this garbage.

Old
07-25-2013, 12:26 AM
awesomo
HARD!

if it was all positive no one would really talk about it.

Its like technology sometimes, all you read are the negative posts about something. People that are happy dont need to post anything.

Old
07-25-2013, 10:00 AM
Dynamic

Send a message via MSN to Dynamic
K days parking?

I haven't been to k days in a while and this will be my first time with our little one. Needless to say I am wondering where would be the best place to park close to the grounds? I used to just take the bus from kingsway but I don't wanna try that. We should be there around 1. Thanks for any pro tips!

Old
07-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
Quote:
I've followed the Blue Jays for a long, long time and have vivid memories of the two World Series victories but I've never been too emotionally attached to the club. So yeah, it's pretty easy for me to sit back and laugh at them.

So much bravado, so much hype and for one of the worst teams in Major League Baseball. All you can do is laugh.
I'm actually with you, I hoped to see a good year from them but at a certain point like the Blackhawks getting 10 against the Oilers you just sit back and enjoy the entertainment of failure.

Old
07-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
I flipped the channel to CNN tonight.

Guess who has a show (And a pretty good one from what I saw)

George Stromboulopolis.

Thought I 'd never see the day when a Canadian Much Music host got his own show on CNN.

Good on him!

Old
07-27-2013, 09:46 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Rasmus screws up a routine play to allow the Dodgers to tie the ball game 3-3 in the top of the 9th inning.

I thought Jose Canseco was black balled from the MLB?

Closed Thread