HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

2013-2014 Roster Discussion II

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2013, 04:40 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
He's definitely out there but do you guys think he was talking about Brown? Did he fire his agent before signing the extension?
I do believe so. His agent was Scott Norton, who honestly shouldn't have been repping Brown. Norton usually represents later round picks in drafts. I think he was Brown's agent when Brown was only 15 so he kind of got lucky there. He's not a top agent in the business so I guess Brown just decided to rep himself.

Old
07-21-2013, 05:03 PM
MsWoof

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
I do believe so. His agent was Scott Norton, who honestly shouldn't have been repping Brown. Norton usually represents later round picks in drafts. I think he was Brown's agent when Brown was only 15 so he kind of got lucky there. He's not a top agent in the business so I guess Brown just decided to rep himself.
Clune deleted the tweet but not the one about Richards being captain.

Old
07-21-2013, 06:53 PM
KingsFirstCup

Quote:
Clune deleted the tweet but not the one about Richards being captain.
He also tweeted he loves LA and Richards is his favorite player and he's just kidding around with some of the things he says. Like an above poster said, don't take him too seriously.

Old
07-21-2013, 08:21 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFirstCup View Post
He also tweeted he loves LA and Richards is his favorite player and he's just kidding around with some of the things he says. Like an above poster said, don't take him too seriously.
Yeah, I guess it's one of those things that comes off flat in a tweet.

Old
07-21-2013, 08:55 PM
Reclamation Project
オオシマ・ヒロミ

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFirstCup View Post
Nut. Case.

Old
07-21-2013, 09:00 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

You know it's the offseason when posters resort to an player's tweets...

Old
07-21-2013, 09:22 PM
Omni Owl

Ughh the wait.

So, you guys think Simmonds will turn into our Simmonds replacement?

Old
07-21-2013, 10:42 PM
Omni Owl

Woops, I meant Frattin. Can one of the mods allow me to edit posts and get my avatar back? I can't send PM's...

Old
07-22-2013, 09:27 PM
MsWoof

Clune's twitter account is gone! I don't know if he shut it down, was forced to shut it down, or if the twitter police were involved.

Old
07-22-2013, 09:36 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Clune's twitter account is gone! I don't know if he shut it down, was forced to shut it down, or if the twitter police were involved.
He's a nutjob, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was all of the above.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:24 PM
Reclamation Project
オオシマ・ヒロミ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
He's a nutjob, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was all of the above.
Yup.

Old
07-22-2013, 10:39 PM
scryan

So, does the delay in Clifford moving to another team make it more likely that there is no real deal there and we may be more likely to hold on to him?

Figured he would be gone by now... Any guesses on when he is out of here?

Old
07-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
Woops, I meant Frattin. Can one of the mods allow me to edit posts and get my avatar back? I can't send PM's...
Dude, how many infractions did you get?

Old
07-22-2013, 10:54 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryan View Post
So, does the delay in Clifford moving to another team make it more likely that there is no real deal there and we may be more likely to hold on to him?

I don't think he will be moved at all. Atleast using evidence that Nolan was signed before him makes no sense. Can you imagine looking back and wondering why you traded a player and its cause another player signed 5 days sooner???

Old
07-22-2013, 10:59 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:

No, it just means that DL wants more than what's being offered. Either way, Clifford is pretty much a goner imo because of the salary cap and also because we have one too many LWs.

Old
07-22-2013, 11:25 PM
scryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I don't think he will be moved at all. Atleast using evidence that Nolan was signed before him makes no sense. Can you imagine looking back and wondering why you traded a player and its cause another player signed 5 days sooner???
Some what hoping this all is just for him to sign for less.

Either rumors to make him discount, or simply that after this long without any deals looking good no one really wants him bad enough and that lowers his worth...

Maybe just optimism

Old
07-23-2013, 10:20 AM
Trolfoli

Quote:
Some what hoping this all is just for him to sign for less.

Either rumors to make him discount, or simply that after this long without any deals looking good no one really wants him bad enough and that lowers his worth...

Maybe just optimism
-Could also mean that Lewis is in arbitration and DL doesn't know how much he has left to offer Clifford. In which case I believe August 2nd is the date the Kings will know how much money they have.
EDIT: August came fast this year: Lewis deal just worked out

-There are a bunch of teams out there that could use Clifford on their bot 6. I have no doubt the interest is there.

-Signing Clifford and going into camp with 24-25 players on the roster also wouldn't surprise me with all the talk DL's had about letting guys fight for spots.

-Nolan for 700k/year also is a fine signing because the Kings would still need to fill that roster spot and the only way of saving money over 700k would be to throw someone in making 500k.... not a whole lot of savings to be had there.

Last edited by Trolfoli: 07-23-2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old
07-23-2013, 10:57 AM
deeshamrock

Quote:

They can't keep Clifford, unless they move somebody out, they have no money left after signing Lewis .
And alot of GM's seem to be in silent running right now. Crait MacTavish said he's been trying to make some deals but a lot of GM's had 'gone fishing' signs up.
They have time and there are teams out there who can use him and maybe DL is waiting for the best deal.

Old
07-23-2013, 11:29 AM
Trolfoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
They can't keep Clifford, unless they move somebody out, they have no money left after signing Lewis .
And alot of GM's seem to be in silent running right now. Crait MacTavish said he's been trying to make some deals but a lot of GM's had 'gone fishing' signs up.
They have time and there are teams out there who can use him and maybe DL is waiting for the best deal.
Clifford > Ellerby
Clifford > Martinez (as the 8th D)

Yes the Kings have Mitchell and Greene coming off of injuries... Martinez isn't a replacement for either one if they get injured again. So I see no reason to carry Martinez on the roster unless you think he's eventually going to take Voynov's spot... o.O

Trading/waving Ellerby + Martinez frees up 2 million to work a deal with Clifford.

Old
07-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino 350 View Post
Clifford > Ellerby
Clifford > Martinez (as the 8th D)

Yes the Kings have Mitchell and Greene coming off of injuries... Martinez isn't a replacement for either one if they get injured again. So I see no reason to carry Martinez on the roster unless you think he's eventually going to take Voynov's spot... o.O

Trading/waving Ellerby + Martinez frees up 2 million to work a deal with Clifford.
my $0.02...

in head to head comparison of those three, i agree with you for the most part but....

as the likely 7th D man AMart is worth more than Clifford. Alec isn't Willie or Greene, but he is better than Ellerby. i expect him to be back in 2012 form now that the injuries are behind him, at that level he is far better than Ellerby.

if one of the D goes down, or Willie's knee fails then we are back to the merry-go-round of D men until DS finds his pairings.

Cliffy had no injuries of note last season and the only reason for his lackluster performance was the "sophomore slump". not even considering points production, he is out there to be a physical presence and he wasn't. for a guy that has one priority objective when he touches the ice, he was awful last season.

Clifford right now is going to be fighting for a roster spot, plain and simple. he didn't do anything last season to not be in this position. securing and having roster depth at D is vital, which to me means that AMart's worth is more valuable than Clifford's.

Old
07-23-2013, 12:47 PM
Trolfoli

A Mart as a 7th D is a fine option if J Schultz is moved. Lots of people saying Kings will carry 8 D next year. Just don't see it.

Thought it could be better for Martinez's development to get traded somewhere he gets more ice time. Also long term as a puck moving D man I don't see a spot on the team for AMart other then 7th D. Not a shut down guy, behind DD/VV and the 3rd pairing is where you bring rookies in to get experience with a shut down D.

Jeff Schultz seems better suited, due to where he is career wise, to a 7 D position then AMart. I'm not taking a shot at AMart, just don't see long term where he fits with the team.

Old
07-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Reclamation Project
オオシマ・ヒロミ

I'd ship Clifford out before Martinez.

Old
07-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
I'd ship Clifford out before Martinez.
I'd package them together for an upgrade at LW.

Old
07-23-2013, 01:35 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
I'd package them together for an upgrade at LW.
As nice as that would be, I just can't imagine a team out there that is willing to give up a better LW to add those two players. Clifford right now is still a 3rd line LW and Martinez is a bottom pairing defenseman.

If the Kings were capable of upgrading the LW position for those two, I'd imagine that it would be for a rental player or a cap dump, which the Kings can't take on.

Old
07-23-2013, 01:41 PM
TwoForRoughing
Let's do it again!

Carcillo still isn't officially a King, right? Hard to believe he hasn't taken his physical by now.

Trade coming?

Closed Thread