HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Wpg/col

Old
07-21-2013, 10:31 PM
Vander Teemuchuk

vCash: 500
As a casual observer of the Avs. It looks like he has the same problem as EKane in Wpg. Both gave been really limited by being paired up with scrubs for waaaaay too much of their young careers.

Vander Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:14 PM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A T M A N* View Post
Mackinnon for Bogo + 2nd
Perhaps in 3 years once we've seen Trouba and Mackinnon develop.

Aela* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:39 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Yeah, I admit I'm not terribly good at assessing goaltenders, so I don't generally spout off about them. I like Varlamov's quickness from side-to-side, but feel he lets out really big rebounds a lot - sometimes on pretty rudimentary shots. Other than that, I'm just not sure. Hope that works out.

On EJ's defense, you and I definitely disagree. I welcome the continued discussion, but have not seen what you have seen. At least not as often. I hope something clicks this season.
Yeah I'm a big fan of Varly's as well, although it's tough to argue that he does leave some juicy rebounds, especially when he's not playing well and confident. There was a lot of avs fans who went way too far in blaming varly down the stretch after having to carry that embarrassment of a defense finally wore him down, so names got blurred.

Unlike EJ I do fully believe Varly can still be elite at his position, although EJ can still be elite if we adjust the expectations of his position and treat him like a Seabrook type shutdown-first first pairing guy, rather than the do everything while also scoring 50+ points people started to hope for after his first few big years in STL.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:56 PM
ABasin
SelkeCaliber Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Yeah I'm a big fan of Varly's as well, although it's tough to argue that he does leave some juicy rebounds, especially when he's not playing well and confident. There was a lot of avs fans who went way too far in blaming varly down the stretch after having to carry that embarrassment of a defense finally wore him down, so names got blurred.

Unlike EJ I do fully believe Varly can still be elite at his position, although EJ can still be elite if we adjust the expectations of his position and treat him like a Seabrook type shutdown-first first pairing guy, rather than the do everything while also scoring 50+ points people started to hope for after his first few big years in STL.
I'm going to reserve final judgment on EJ until he has a full season under Roy, but I think a solid analogy is Brad Stuart. He came in as a high draft pick with high offensive expectations, had a few good point seasons early in his career, and has settled in as a very good but unspectacular defensive defenseman.

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote