HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Clb Edm

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-21-2013, 02:21 PM
  #1
Enlighten
Registered User
 
Enlighten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Clb Edm

Gagner, Hemsky with 1.5m cap hit retained and a 3rd round pick to the jackets for RyJO and RJ Umberger?

Sign Grabo to a two year deal around 4.5 per.

Hall Rnh Yak/Ebs
Perron Grabo Yak/Ebs
Umberger Gordon RyJO
smyth/Joensu ____ Brown/Hamilton

Still need a fourth line Centre but its starting to look more balnced.

Thoughts?

Enlighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:32 PM
  #2
Kaen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
I don't see Jackets fans being happy with this.

Kaen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:41 PM
  #3
Bill Waters
Registered User
 
Bill Waters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Orillia, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
why don't the jackets just sign Grabo themselves?

Bill Waters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:42 PM
  #4
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob
 
Philadelphia Ducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ontario, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,548
vCash: 500
No way Columbus does this. RJ is a solid locker room guy for them, is he the longest tenured Bluejacket? And Ryan will become a solid nhl player, I know in hfboards world he is a bust as he hasn't become a stud after like 2 seasons. Plus as the person above me said; why not just sign Grabovski to be their 2nd C and keep both their players.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:47 PM
  #5
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,537
vCash: 500
Very little interest in Gagner or Hemsky. Columbus is trying to establish itself as big and physical. Gagner and Hemsky are the antithesis of that.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 02:56 PM
  #6
tempest2i
Feral
 
tempest2i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlighten View Post
Gagner, Hemsky with 1.5m cap hit retained and a 3rd round pick to the jackets for RyJO and RJ Umberger?

Sign Grabo to a two year deal around 4.5 per.

Hall Rnh Yak/Ebs
Perron Grabo Yak/Ebs
Umberger Gordon RyJO
smyth/Joensu ____ Brown/Hamilton

Still need a fourth line Centre but its starting to look more balnced.

Thoughts?
You are going to be mocked by CBJ fans and deservingly so.

They have no need for Hemsky and they have time to continue letting Johansen to continue to develop.

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 03:04 PM
  #7
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,764
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
You are going to be mocked by CBJ fans and deservingly so.

They have no need for Hemsky and they have time to continue letting Johansen to continue to develop.
No mocking necessary, you've given a reasonable response for us.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 04:17 PM
  #8
tempest2i
Feral
 
tempest2i's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cowtown
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
No mocking necessary, you've given a reasonable response for us.
After re-reading what I posted, I now realize I messed up the wording. Calling it reasonable was generous of you

tempest2i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:33 PM
  #9
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,558
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
...it never ends, does it?

When I first started following Trades & Rumors, about a year after I first joined HFBoards, I started to think that we were getting an unusually high number of attempts to get us to accept Ales Hemsky in some sort of unbalanced trade that we would not like.

You'd think half a decade would be enough.

__________________
Remember - when you're a hockey fan, it's not "reckless driving", it's "good forechecking".
"Viqsi, you are our sweet humanist..." --mt-svk on the CBJ boards

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 07:37 PM
  #10
AAKHS10
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlighten View Post
Gagner, Hemsky with 1.5m cap hit retained and a 3rd round pick to the jackets for RyJO and RJ Umberger?

Sign Grabo to a two year deal around 4.5 per.

Hall Rnh Yak/Ebs
Perron Grabo Yak/Ebs
Umberger Gordon RyJO
smyth/Joensu ____ Brown/Hamilton

Still need a fourth line Centre but its starting to look more balnced.

Thoughts?
If Johansen goes centre on third line, Gordon drops to forth line, then move Smyth or Jones to third line winger

AAKHS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:00 PM
  #11
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/
 
Mayor Bee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 14,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
No way Columbus does this. RJ is a solid locker room guy for them, is he the longest tenured Bluejacket? And Ryan will become a solid nhl player, I know in hfboards world he is a bust as he hasn't become a stud after like 2 seasons. Plus as the person above me said; why not just sign Grabovski to be their 2nd C and keep both their players.
Derek MacKenzie and Jared Boll were there in the 2007-08 season. Umberger and Tyutin started in 2008-09.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:03 PM
  #12
Nuge93
Stuck in a "Rebuild"
 
Nuge93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 546
vCash: 500
What would it take for the Oilers to pry Brandon Dubinsky away from CBJ? Sam gagner + Mike Brown for Dubinsky?

Nuge93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:16 PM
  #13
Ludicrous Speed
Registered User
 
Ludicrous Speed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Killumbus
Country: Micronesia
Posts: 11,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuge93 View Post
What would it take for the Oilers to pry Brandon Dubinsky away from CBJ? Sam gagner + Mike Brown for Dubinsky?
I'm a Gagner fan, but Dubinsky has become an integral part of our core. He was on a 56 point pace with only 2 goals and a .04 shooting % which is the lowest of his career, while also being killer on the dot and willing to stick up for teammates. He's pretty much the exact type of player that the Jackets want to hang their hat on. Not to mention, the captaincy race is looking like it will boil down to either Dubi or JMFJ.

As for the original deal, I'm willing to say that it's really not horrible, but it's probably not doable. But even if the value was there, I don't think we'd have enough room to sign Gagner.

Ludicrous Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:22 PM
  #14
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
When will it stop?

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:27 PM
  #15
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,689
vCash: 50
The Oilers just signed Gordon to be their 3rd line centre so I don't see the reason why they would want Johansen. Grabovski isn't the answer for the second line either. He's brutal and its showing now that he's bought out/UFA
Way to insult both fan bases in one proposal

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:29 PM
  #16
candyman82
Registered User
 
candyman82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Fredericksburg, VA
Posts: 2,433
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
The Oilers just signed Gordon to be their 3rd line centre so I don't see the reason why they would want Johansen. Grabovski isn't the answer for the second line either. He's brutal and its showing now that he's bought out/UFA
Way to insult both fan bases in one proposal
I take it you don't see many Leafs games

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:31 PM
  #17
do0glas
Registered User
 
do0glas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,156
vCash: 500
and another edmonton proposal is rejected. color me surprised.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:33 PM
  #18
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,689
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyman82 View Post
I take it you don't see many Leafs games
Yes. Not sure if you know this but Leaf games are forced upon the entire nation at least once a week.
Grabovski is brutal

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:33 PM
  #19
mr sidney crosby
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Why is there so many Edmonton threads? Just make one giant thread.

mr sidney crosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:34 PM
  #20
DesertDawg
Registered User
 
DesertDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Superstition Mts
Posts: 4,660
vCash: 500
...trading a player after accepting the arbitration award? I can only see the Oilers accepting the award and keeping Gagner or walk away. If they haven't traded by now, I doubt they will be able to trade him after accepting the decision.

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:22 PM
  #21
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard
 
CBJWennberg41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13,295
vCash: 500
This is so maddening. We aren't moving Johansen.

CBJWennberg41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:28 PM
  #22
Viqsi
carrying the flag
 
Viqsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The Scary Internet
Country: United States
Posts: 20,558
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr sidney crosby View Post
Why is there so many Edmonton threads? Just make one giant thread.
I doubt it would help. It hasn't in the past. They've done this "endless threads about the same players" with us for every post-free agency period and every pre-trade deadline period on a regular basis like clockwork for half a decade. Probably longer - I wasn't around/paying attention for earlier manifestations of same. I'm not sure if they do this with other teams and other fanbases, but it frankly wouldn't shock me. It's pretty much always involved Hemsky one way or the other all that time, and ever since 2010 it's also frequently involved Johansen (it always involved him from 2010-2012, but they were eventually browbeaten into submission on that score, and are now taking the "sour grapes" approach to trade negotiation).

I try really, really hard not to take it out on all Oil fans, but it gets rather trying sometimes.

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:10 AM
  #23
Enlighten
Registered User
 
Enlighten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,052
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
I doubt it would help. It hasn't in the past. They've done this "endless threads about the same players" with us for every post-free agency period and every pre-trade deadline period on a regular basis like clockwork for half a decade. Probably longer - I wasn't around/paying attention for earlier manifestations of same. I'm not sure if they do this with other teams and other fanbases, but it frankly wouldn't shock me. It's pretty much always involved Hemsky one way or the other all that time, and ever since 2010 it's also frequently involved Johansen (it always involved him from 2010-2012, but they were eventually browbeaten into submission on that score, and are now taking the "sour grapes" approach to trade negotiation).

I try really, really hard not to take it out on all Oil fans, but it gets rather trying sometimes.
Wow over react much?

im sorry that you have happened to see a similar deal in the past proposed by oilers fans. However I was not one of those. IMO the deal I was proposing was fair value for a number of reasons and in no way was I trying to insult any fan base by proposing it. It is a Trade Rumours and PROPOSAL board after all. Let me explain a few things to clear this up.

RyJO's stock has plummeted since he became a healthy scratch in this years AHL playoffs. Gagner is a far superior player at this time and gives the jackets an immediate offensive boost in their top 6.
Umberger is signed for 4 more years at a cap hit of 4.6 M per and while he played 48 games last season only recorded 18 points (8g and 10a)
The often crucified Hemsky had 20 points in 38 games(9g and 11a) a bargain 3.5 for one year.
Not to mention the third round pick CLB makes out like bandits in this deal. They save cap space add two proven playmakers and get a decent pick.

Enlighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:42 AM
  #24
Crede777
Deputized
 
Crede777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 7,537
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlighten View Post
RyJO's stock has plummeted since he became a healthy scratch in this years AHL playoffs.
Not really. You're making it out to be much bigger than it was.

Again, we as a fan base are NOT interested in Hemsky and Gagner. Please leave us alone about them.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 05:12 AM
  #25
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,312
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
OMG When I read the OP I thought that the writer was some cray guy who thought that Ryan Jones was a Blue Jacket... but then someone said Johansen and then I was shocked.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:53 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.