HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Steven Santini vs Samuel Morin

Old
07-21-2013, 08:24 PM
Strong Island

vCash: 500
*delete*

Strong Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 09:03 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo Mad Bro View Post
I'll take the player who was drafted 31 spots higher just 3 weeks ago, thank you very much.
I'll take the Devils track record of drafting and developing defensemen over the Flyers.

Conte and co. We're absolutely ecstatic that Santini was still on the board much like Severson a few years ago...

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I'll take the Devils track record of drafting and developing defensemen over the Flyers.

Conte and co. We're absolutely ecstatic that Santini was still on the board much like Severson a few years ago...
First off, neither team has any recent track record of successfully drafting and developing defensemen. Pitkanen and Larsson were both drafted 4th overall and the jury is still out on how good Larsson actually becomes. Besides those two, the last above average defenseman either team has drafted was in 2000, when the Devils drafted Paul Martin. I'm not seeing some huge advantage for New Jersey here. If you want to compare overall drafting and development over the last 10 years or so, be my guest, but it's not exactly close.

Second, Conte being "ecstatic" about drafting Santini, as he was drafting Severson, is irrelevant at this point. Severson hasn't done anything yet to prove him wrong or right and as noted above, his recent record isn't exactly sterling.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:15 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
First off, neither team has any recent track record of successfully drafting and developing defensemen. Pitkanen and Larsson were both drafted 4th overall and the jury is still out on how good Larsson actually becomes. Besides those two, the last above average defenseman either team has drafted was in 2000, when the Devils drafted Paul Martin. I'm not seeing some huge advantage for New Jersey here. If you want to compare overall drafting and development over the last 10 years or so, be my guest, but it's not exactly close.

Second, Conte being "ecstatic" about drafting Santini, as he was drafting Severson, is irrelevant at this point. Severson hasn't done anything yet to prove him wrong or right and as noted above, his recent record isn't exactly sterling.
Mark Fayne, Andy Greene and Adam Larsson beg to differ. NJ continuously fills the holes needed to be contenders. Will Santini be the next on the list, who gives a ****. Out of Merrill, Urbom, Gelinas, Severson, Santini and Helegson..the holes will be filled, he just improves the odds.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 06:41 AM
dougiebrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
Mark Fayne, Andy Greene and Adam Larsson beg to differ. NJ continuously fills the holes needed to be contenders. Will Santini be the next on the list, who gives a ****. Out of Merrill, Urbom, Gelinas, Severson, Santini and Helegson..the holes will be filled, he just improves the odds.
Andy Greene wasn't a draft pick. He was a free agent signing out of Miami(OH).

dougiebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:29 AM
ZeroPT
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougiebrown View Post
Andy Greene wasn't a draft pick. He was a free agent signing out of Miami(OH).
Pretty sure he meant developing

ZeroPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:12 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
The word "and" was put in between the words "drafting" and "developing".

If the posters intention was to distinguish between the two he would have used the word "or" or "and/or".

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
Well, he did pretty clearly say "drafting and developing", so I don't think it was too much a stretch to point it out. If we're just counting developing and not drafting the Flyers could reasonably count both Coburn and Gustaffson, so I don't think that's a great criteria to utilize.

Not sure how this contest of team development schemes got started, but its a pretty silly argument.

Broad Street Elite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 05:51 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Well, he did pretty clearly say "drafting and developing", so I don't think it was too much a stretch to point it out. If we're just counting developing and not drafting the Flyers could reasonably count both Coburn and Gustaffson, so I don't think that's a great criteria to utilize.

Not sure how this contest of team development schemes got started, but its a pretty silly argument.
In the grand scheme of things it is all about development. Greene wasn't drafted but he certainly as developed into a an NHL defensmen.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote