HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Neuvirth

Old
07-22-2013, 01:02 AM
Roshi

vCash: 500
Neuvirth

GMGM is most propably going to sit tight and do nothing for a long time, but.. Havent seen Neuvirth in many trade speculations and would be interested to know what kind of value does he hold here? Caps could really use some cap space and Grubauer is ready for a backup-role.

Which teams if any would be interested in Neuvirth? Pretty expensive but very capable backup with upside to become solid nro. 1 some day.

We have needs on 2C and top 4 LD and we have some pieces to add (Orlov, picks, Ward or Laich, maybe Erskine), but I would be fine with pick(s) or prospect(s) coming back too.

Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:19 AM
MessierII

Does Laich not play centre anymore?

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 06:27 AM
CreeksideStrangler

He sucks and has not shown he can ever grab that #1.

CreeksideStrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 06:30 AM
iane
turtleneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeksideStrangler View Post
He sucks and has not shown he can ever grab that #1.
Yeah 910% in 121 career games at the age of 25, that guy ****ing sucks
He's a very good backup at worst

iane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 07:04 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

I think Neurvith would service a team very well as a low-end #1/good #2. A team like Edmonton should be interested. Maybe Gagner to Washington for Neurvith and a bottom 6 player would fill needs for both teams.

07-22-2013, 07:29 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

I think Neuvirth is due to be traded next summer. Once Grubauer proves his last year with the Bears was not a fluke.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:19 AM
txpd

A. Neuvirth is not for sale.
B. It might be that Neuvirth could be available next season. I kind of doubt it, though. With the injuries NHL goalies are suffering throughout the league its really hard to get thru a season without losing your prime goalie for a 5 or 10 game stretch. With the new divisions a 10 game stretch where your team is hurt with the backup and #3 playing can take you out of the playoffs. I don't see McPhee being comfortable with Grubuaer carrying that load when he has Neuvirth. Its very obvious who he would rather be using in the playoffs, Neuvirth or Grubuaer.

3. Lastly, McPhee has shown a pattern of keeping his prospects with upside even when there is limited ice time for them, see Perreault as an example. I think he expects that Neuvirth is going to play 30 plus game and have at least two stretches where he is the primary goalie.

Laich: Laich is a solid fill in center. His defensive coverage is money. His forecheck is strong. He can work the corners and finish pretty well close in to the net. What he has never shown aptitude for is make a play as the puck carrier thru center ice on an offensive line. So, he's a good top 6 left wing, but more suited for 3c. His paycheck is for a 20 goal scoring top 6 forward and its clear that the Caps prefer to use him higher in the lineup than on the 3rd line.

My view is that Laich is playing 2c until they give Johansson a chance there when the first line shuffle of the season happens.

txpd is offline   Reply With Quote