HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teddy Purcell

Old
07-22-2013, 01:47 AM
The Sweetness

vCash: 500
Teddy Purcell

What is fair value for Teddy Purcell? I unfortunately do not get to see many Lightning games and it seems that this guy flies under the radar a bit for how many points he produces. Does he play with St Louis and Stamkos and benefit from them?

Would you say a defender like Boychuk or Seidenberg would be fair value? I am not wondering about the validity of such a trade taking place but rather trying to gauge his value.

Thanks for the input.

The Sweetness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:59 AM
Guy Boucher

vCash: 420
He might be worth a bit more than Boychuk (or about the same) but far less than Seidenberg.

Guy Boucher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 04:29 AM
ohnoeszz

A while back I made a proposal of Kevin Bieksa for Teddy Purcell that was pretty well received by TB fans. I would assume Seidenberg works as well.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 05:32 AM
Jacko95

Well I will be honest with you (as a Lightning fan that sees him regualry).
He produces points, but thats about it. He wasn't paired with Stamkos and MSL, it was always Stamkos with either Purcell or MSL and Lecavalier with Purcell or MSL.

The thing with Purcell is, he needs the right players with him to succeed. He totally scares away from physical play and is pretty bad on the back end. But pair him with a two-way player that is willing to battle for the puck regulary and you will have fun with Purcell. He makes incredible passes, nobody else on the ice saw coming and can actually shot quit well, but he is inconsistent.

So if you trade for him you get the player of the game 25% of the time, 50% of the time an average onedimensional top6 winger and 25% of the time a nonfactor.

That might all sound very bad, but after all he is really really good on what he does, but the problem is, he does not that much ( as said before one dimensional)

I doubt we would get Seidenberg out of him eventhough I would LOVE to add quit a bit to get Seidenberg (solid prospect/ 2nd/ 3rd rounder). I think Bieksa is pretty close in terms of value and Boychuk is definitly not far off,but I would want a later pick coming to us with him.

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

I'd definitely do Bieksa for Purcell

Seatoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:03 PM
The Sweetness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
He produces points, but thats about it. He wasn't paired with Stamkos and MSL, it was always Stamkos with either Purcell or MSL and Lecavalier with Purcell or MSL.

The thing with Purcell is, he needs the right players with him to succeed. He totally scares away from physical play and is pretty bad on the back end. But pair him with a two-way player that is willing to battle for the puck regulary and you will have fun with Purcell. He makes incredible passes, nobody else on the ice saw coming and can actually shot quit well, but he is inconsistent.

So if you trade for him you get the player of the game 25% of the time, 50% of the time an average onedimensional top6 winger and 25% of the time a nonfactor.

That might all sound very bad, but after all he is really really good on what he does, but the problem is, he does not that much ( as said before one dimensional)

I doubt we would get Seidenberg out of him eventhough I would LOVE to add quit a bit to get Seidenberg (solid prospect/ 2nd/ 3rd rounder). I think Bieksa is pretty close in terms of value and Boychuk is definitly not far off,but I would want a later pick coming to us with him.
Wow, great post. Thanks. Do you think his production will suffer now that Vinny is gone?

Old
07-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads

Del Zotto and Pyatt for Purcell.

Just wondering, does Teddy play the point on the PP?

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:10 PM
hfgreg
Obviously...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
Del Zotto and Pyatt for Purcell.

Just wondering, does Teddy play the point on the PP?
I'd say done.. but we don't need another PMD.

hfgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:41 PM
Radical Yzerlamic
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post

Nail on the head. Tedward can be frustrating as hell but when he's on he's often the best player on the ice and a threat to score at all times. With our glut of young, top-6 tweeners, I'd love to see Teddy moved out for an upgrade on D (RHD, top 4, physical, stay at home type) and would add handsomely if it brought us a top 2 Dman.

Radical Yzerlamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:44 PM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangingWithMrCooper View Post
Nail on the head. Tedward can be frustrating as hell but when he's on he's often the best player on the ice and a threat to score at all times. With our glut of young, top-6 tweeners, I'd love to see Teddy moved out for an upgrade on D (RHD, top 4, physical, stay at home type) and would add handsomely if it brought us a top 2 Dman.
Nail hit on the head again...

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:20 PM
YotesFan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangingWithMrCooper View Post
Klesla and a 2nd?

YotesFan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Newfy IceCapd

vCash: 989
Send him to NJ were having a Newfie reunion over there

Newfy IceCapd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
Another fan of the Bieksa for Purcell idea.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:51 PM
The Sweetness

Lots of good replies in here so far. Thanks

Old
07-23-2013, 12:42 AM
BrookswasHere44

Without looking at his contract Niskanen +

BrookswasHere44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 12:54 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Another fan of the Bieksa for Purcell idea.
Not that trade proposals necessarily need to be realistic, but I don't see Bieksa waiving his NTC. We would have to do something around Tanev instead.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 02:15 AM
ohnoeszz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Not that trade proposals necessarily need to be realistic, but I don't see Bieksa waiving his NTC. We would have to do something around Tanev instead.
I don't think he would either. Its unfortunate as he would be a perfect trade piece too, considering Tanev and Corrado's development at RD while Bieksa doesn't play any one key role for the Canucks (Hamhuis/Garrison are better shutdown players, while Edler is the PP ace).

If they could move him for a Purcell and pick up a depth RHD they would be a better team IMO.

I don't think Tanev fits TB's agenda (I believe they need some physicality) and it definitely doesn't fit the Nux' cap situation.

ohnoeszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 03:09 AM
toob

Depends on exactly when you watch him.

He flies under the radar because he literally is invisible for significant stretches. Like someone said playing with the top 6 in Tampa got a lot out of Purcell, he was a non factor in LA before he got here and LA fans seemed pretty happy to let him go.

Lecavalier was a good center for Purcell. He was big, could finish, and generally drew attention away. When Purcell has space he is at his best.

toob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2013, 03:21 AM
Radical Yzerlamic
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by toob View Post
When Purcell has space he is at his best.
Truth. He needs a center to pull the D towards him and then find Teddy with a step and a shooting lane. Once there, Purcell can pull off one of his sickeningly sneaky wristshots that goes post down. It's frustrating because Teddy is often one of our best puck carriers on the power play to enter the zone but struggles to find open scoring opportunities for himself without a little help. Still, he's an attractive option to a team looking for top six talent.

I'd love to bundle him with a high draft pick or prospect to land the quality top 2 Dman we so desperately need.

Radical Yzerlamic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:47 AM
richardsequalscup*

I actually thought this would be one guy that would be worth the risk for the Rangers.

As for an offer. I think Boyle and Zuccarello who I don't think fits with the Rangers and perhaps a 4th round pick is fair. I'd gladly substitute Stralman for the 4th round pick. I'm not nearly as high on him as many Rangers fans. He's not on the same planet as Del Zotto talent wise but if you listen to Rangers fans, they ignore all his crappy games and focus on his good games. Basically, he will play 40 very good games, 20 average games and 20 lousy games.

Lightning can't play any defense and Boyle can help them a lot with that problem. I believe the Rangers really want Lindberg to take the spot of Boyle so he's expendable. Let's face it, if you put Zucc with either St. Louis or Stamkos, he will score.

richardsequalscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:18 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoeszz View Post
A while back I made a proposal of Kevin Bieksa for Teddy Purcell that was pretty well received by TB fans. I would assume Seidenberg works as well.
Seidenberg's value > Purcell

Seidenberg can be a top pairing shutdown guy on a championship level team. Purcell can be a secondary scorer on a good team.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 08:46 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by setkreiderfree View Post
I actually thought this would be one guy that would be worth the risk for the Rangers.

As for an offer. I think Boyle and Zuccarello who I don't think fits with the Rangers and perhaps a 4th round pick is fair. I'd gladly substitute Stralman for the 4th round pick. I'm not nearly as high on him as many Rangers fans. He's not on the same planet as Del Zotto talent wise but if you listen to Rangers fans, they ignore all his crappy games and focus on his good games. Basically, he will play 40 very good games, 20 average games and 20 lousy games.

Lightning can't play any defense and Boyle can help them a lot with that problem. I believe the Rangers really want Lindberg to take the spot of Boyle so he's expendable. Let's face it, if you put Zucc with either St. Louis or Stamkos, he will score.
So spare parts for a 60 point scorer on a decent contract (3 more years at $4.5 million).

Purcell can play either wing, very good playmaker with an underutilised but decent shot.

The Lightning are overloaded with young forwards with potential, Panik, Drouin, Killorn, Connolly, Kucherov, Palat, Hart, Johnson, Brown, Namestnikov. Why would they want to add to that by trading 1 forward for 2?

Purcell for Zuccarello, Boyle and a 4th is laughable.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:09 AM
kento19
@kento19

Stastny for Purcell straight up?
Similar players. Staz has a better defensive game but Purcell has a lower cap hit.
Colorado has too many centres and Stastny could be a great 2c in Tampa. Does Tampa need Centres over wingers?

Both teams are in need of D more than anything, but it's still a somewhat fair swap which could improve both teams partial needs.

edit: Just compared players stats over the last few years. Colorado would definitely have to add. Not a fair swap like I said earlier.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:13 AM
The Yzerplan
Not enough goalies

vCash: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by kento19 View Post
Stastny for Purcell straight up?
Similar players. Staz has a better defensive game but Purcell has a lower cap hit.
Colorado has too many centres and Stastny could be a great 2c in Tampa. Does Tampa need Centres over wingers?

Both teams are in need of D more than anything, but it's still a somewhat fair swap which could improve both teams partial needs.
We just gave Filppula 5m a year to be the 2nd line center, so no.

If Purcell ever gets moved, it'll be for a defenseman.

The Yzerplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 09:23 AM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
Teddy is a lot better than people realize. He does has something that is frustrating to me. He is becoming more of passer than shooter as proof of last years numbers.

This worries me but still see him around 60 with malone in mix on power play and valtteri at center with drouin type. He seems undervalued but can disappear. He went from 51 to 65 to 36. Now if you factor in everything he is 55-60 point man whom will get you 18-20 goals. I think he is looking for pretty passes and needs to just let fly more especially if playing with valtteri and drouin this year.

He plays no good defense. If you take the numbers he is value wise worth a top four but if you do the eye test he is not by himself. He would work decently with the sedins and Edler would work for me for teddy maybe have to upgrade that a bit to make happen.

Hamhuis would work but he loves vancouver was a favorite team growing up so doubt would agree to trade.

The problem is the finances. Vancouver would like to shed some get some more cap space.

If we moved for hamhuis or edler I would assume you would want something back like Aulie so that is 5.5 million coming your way even if did something like say seergeev or barberio or taormina whom are nhl ready but smallish your talking 5.1 coming back. Edler is 5 million so you give us say Eriksson that is 6 milliion to 5.1? That might work and definitely would give up say a second rounder or even a second one year 3rd next year for edler eriksson for purcell barberio a second 2014 and a third 2015?

What do you guys think? Both sides is that fair? I dont think Gaunce would be available for this type of deal and mallet I do not put up in this range at all. I would want a pick from you say edler mallet and a 5th for purcell barberio.

Yet if would take taormina skilled d ready for nhl but smallish which makes doubtful could make it instead of barberio would do straight up and if did seergeev say a 7th round pick coming from you. I just dont think mallet is that strong overall. Plays physical is one upside yet doubt he ever becomes as valuable as say thompson for us in NHL.

robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote