HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

canucks - flyers

Old
07-22-2013, 12:14 AM
Phenomenon13

vCash: 500
canucks - flyers

To Canucks
F Max Talbot

To Flyers
2nd rounder

Reasons: canucks need help down the middle and talbot is a pretty solid bottom six option whose only knock is his subpar faceoffs. flyers have a ridiculous amount of centers and are pretty tight to the cap. They also have a bunch of young players who can step in as early as next season (laughton) which allows more ice time and better development for their young guys.

Minor pieces can be moved if the value is off. Hopefully im not too off but if I am just lock it before both sides murder me LOL.

Phenomenon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:16 AM
hockeyfreak7

Probably accurate in terms of value, but the Flyers don't have a need to create space. Talbot is a winger now, and we're not going to find a player better suited for a fourth line/PK role.

I wouldn't let him go unless we're packaging him with Meszaros or even Coburn to get something of more substantial value than just a pick.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:19 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Talbot brings things that arent measurable through trade value. Hes not going anywhere, now Meszaros on the other hand...

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:35 AM
Phenomenon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfreak7 View Post
Probably accurate in terms of value, but the Flyers don't have a need to create space. Talbot is a winger now, and we're not going to find a player better suited for a fourth line/PK role.

I wouldn't let him go unless we're packaging him with Meszaros or even Coburn to get something of more substantial value than just a pick.
I guess it was also part of my reasoning that I believed Rinaldo or Laughton could fill in. I also believe Talbot is rather expensive as a fourth line centerman.

Old
07-22-2013, 12:39 AM
hockeyfreak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon13 View Post
I guess it was also part of my reasoning that I believed Rinaldo or Laughton could fill in. I also believe Talbot is rather expensive as a fourth line centerman.
There is room for everyone. And Talbot isn't a centerman. He's much more effective on the wing.

And I like to believe Talbot gets paid extra for his PK ability. I don't think he's expensive when you consider he brings energy, leadership, and PK relief for Giroux while potting a couple handfuls of goals per season.

The fourth line looks like it will be any three of Hall, Laughton, Talbot, and Rinaldo. Though, there is still a top nine spot available if it isn't taken by Raffl, Straka, or Laughton. So as long as we aren't desperate for cap space (and we're not), there's not much reason to lose Talbot for something that doesn't make the team better.

hockeyfreak7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:59 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 2061
Canucks have said they are going to "develop players in the NHL". The only known openings are at center, the third and fourth line positions. They have young centers.

I do not think there will be sufficient interest in Talbot. I do not think Gillis can deal picks. The team is about to need all the picks they can get.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:15 AM
Ronaldo
★★★

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Canucks have said they are going to "develop players in the NHL". The only known openings are at center, the third and fourth line positions. They have young centers.

I do not think there will be sufficient interest in Talbot. I do not think Gillis can deal picks. The team is about to need all the picks they can get.
Agreed.

OP Genasis: have you guys thought people are starting to get tired of Team Curl's antics? 21:56

Ronaldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 02:50 AM
Flyerss

vCash: 50
rather keep Talbot , he more valuable for us than that pick, with his great PK skills and the 4-on-5 goals + he is a great mentor for Couturier and Laughton

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 03:00 AM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

vCash: 1212
No interest in Talbot when we already have Schroeder, Gaunce, Lain, and Horvat jockeying for positions within the next few years, as well as Richardson.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 03:04 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

While I really like what Talbot can bring. We have numerous kids looking to knock down doors and Richardsson seems like slotted "fourth liner" if none of them make it. This is probably something to consider more around the deadline if we needed to bolster our roster.

As a Habs fan though. I'd find Talbot significantly more useful. He and Prust would be fantastic. So that trade I would do.

Bourne Endeavor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 03:06 AM
B A T M A N*

I'd do Talbot + Mez for Schultz + 2nd

B A T M A N* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 04:21 AM
Sergei Shirokov

I don't think either team would do it

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 04:43 AM
OgoBoHo

I would love Talbot on the Canucks, but we're starting a youth movement, or heading into one very quickly here.

OgoBoHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Alex Mills

Talbot is too cost effective, versatile and valuable to give away for a pick. The Canucks need to get creative and move a large salary or two to create cap space and improve their depth.

Alex Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Perro

Would Tanev's rights be of more interest to the Flyers?

Perro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Tripod

If Philly was interested in trading him, it would have been at the last deadline.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Curufinwe

Talbot is a good player and trading him would not fix the cap space issues.

Meszaros for a late pick is the trade they need to make.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 03:17 PM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Noo.

SchennSational1022* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Vankiller Whale
Spread the love

vCash: 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
It most certainly wouldn't be of interest for the Canucks to give him up.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Phenomenon13

You guys seem surpsingly comfortable with a unproven rookie playing third center. I feel quite uneasy having someone like that as I feel we are better off getting a proven talent as it increases our ability to contend. I guess we don't have much choice with going for rookies if no one is available at a right price.

Old
07-22-2013, 04:07 PM
Elbows of Bure

Quote:
You guys seem surpsingly comfortable with a unproven rookie playing third center. I feel quite uneasy having someone like that as I feel we are better off getting a proven talent as it increases our ability to contend. I guess we don't have much choice with going for rookies if no one is available at a right price.
I don't think we're comfortable with it as fans; however, MGMT seems to be comfortable with it.

I'd love the luxury of having Talbot play in our bottom-six, and feel he'd be well worth a 2nd... that said, it's time for someone within the organization to step up.

Elbows of Bure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 04:09 PM
CM-

Quote:
Giving 9 games to either Gaunce, Schroeder or Horvat isn't going to decide the season for the Canucks at the start. If 1 of them is ready for the Big show then more power to them. And we don't need a 3rd line C. If not someone will probably be willing to part with one. With how much cap space we really have right now Gillis will be hard pressed to find an actual 3rd line C right now. Mine as well hold out for now give the kids a chance.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 09:47 PM
lancer247

the only way I would trade Talbot is the deadline if a few of the young guys (Laughton, McGinn, Noebels) forced their way into the line up.

Talbot could be used for a d man if there are injuries.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 10:49 PM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

I would not be happy with that trade. Keep Max!

shipwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 11:40 PM
ProstheticConscience
Yes or no, Lester?

Quote:
Well, we're comfortable with the fact that we don't have much of a choice given our cap situation right now. Unless more salary is moved out, it's pretty much youth movement in the bottom six or nothing.

ProstheticConscience is offline   Reply With Quote