HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fla/edm

Old
07-20-2013, 10:14 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Panthers Postseason?

vCash: 307
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Bjugstad is a player I'd love on my team, but there's no way he's the main piece in a trade involving Gagner.

3rd line center < 2nd line center.
Can you give me a source that projects Bjugstad to be a 3rd line center? He projects to be a 2nd/ borderline 1st liner. Gagner has the scoring ability of a second liner with the defensive abilities of 40 year old Alexei Kovalev.

Lakai, though I agree this improves the Cat's offense this year, Florida is not going for a cup. Why would a non cup contending team make this trade? It makes no sense.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:38 PM
CanadianPantherFan

vCash: 500
Gagner seems like another Weiss or less than that moving forward. I'll keep the: higher ceiling young big (cheap also) centre everyday of the week.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanmaster View Post
Oh the Sam Ganger who has never scored 50 points in his career? no from Florida AINEC
Not that Florida ever would make this deal as I'm not sure Edmonton does either, but by far, this above reference is used more than the jbo will never be in the playoffs bit. What's his ppg over the last two seasons? I think that's a pretty fair assessment.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 05:48 AM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers84 View Post
i could see somehting being worked out around gags for bjugstad and i mean even if we had to over pay for him i would do it

somehting like
to fla
gags
n schultz
gernat
potter

to edm
bjugstad
petrovic

fla gets a #1 c till barkov is ready to take over then they have a #2 c and n schultz is a dependable 4/5 d man and gernat is offensive d man that will be ready in a couple of season and potter would give you that 6/7 dman that can play the pp like garrison did but a cheaper version

edm gets there big #2 c and a good d man porspect that can be 2nd or 3rd call up
We are not looking to trade either one of these two, easy no.

Last edited by Howboutthempanthers: 07-21-2013 at 05:55 AM.
Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 05:52 AM
AwesomePanthers
Go Cats Go

Quote:
i could see somehting being worked out around gags for bjugstad and i mean even if we had to over pay for him i would do it

somehting like
to fla
gags
n schultz
gernat
potter

to edm
bjugstad
petrovic

fla gets a #1 c till barkov is ready to take over then they have a #2 c and n schultz is a dependable 4/5 d man and gernat is offensive d man that will be ready in a couple of season and potter would give you that 6/7 dman that can play the pp like garrison did but a cheaper version

edm gets there big #2 c and a good d man porspect that can be 2nd or 3rd call up
Seriously, stop it! You post this crap proposal in every thread. Its so brutal!

AwesomePanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 06:56 AM
tony d
ATD 2015

I think Edmonton would want something more back if they where to trade both Gagner and Hemsky.

07-21-2013, 07:56 AM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

Quote:

somehting like
to fla
gags
n schultz
gernat
potter

to edm
bjugstad
petrovic

Checking out your post history, I'm glad you think we have good players. But their ours, go draft your own. Troll somewhere else.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:08 AM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 600
Seriously Oilers fans, stop making these proposals that make no sense. The team isn't looking to trade away the kids, Tallon has specifically said that we're rolling with 'em.

Only proposals between the two teams that make sense right now are the Hemsky for Upshall swap (which has been okay'd by both sides around here), rumoured interest in Omark, and maybe when you look at DT's history of bringing back former Hawks, Eager with salary retained.

SoupyFIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 08:51 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
Seriously Oilers fans, stop making these proposals that make no sense. The team isn't looking to trade away the kids, Tallon has specifically said that we're rolling with 'em.

Only proposals between the two teams that make sense right now are the Hemsky for Upshall swap (which has been okay'd by both sides around here), rumoured interest in Omark, and maybe when you look at DT's history of bringing back former Hawks, Eager with salary retained.
Oh boy.. You in trouble now

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:06 PM
FrolikFan67

im all for getting rid of upshall. goc will be traded at the deadline, and bjugstad will take his spot on the 3rd for the remainder of the season, preferably id rather trade him at the deadline than now, but it wouldnt be terrible if we did it now. and obviously i wouldnt wanna part with bjugstad. the problem here is the whole gagner wanting 5.5per thing, thats an issue to me. and hemsky's only under contract for one more season, dont know if he'd resign or what he'd want, and a bit injury prone. not like its bad value wise or anything, i just wouldnt do the trade personally. a team on the verge would make this trade, not us.

FrolikFan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:12 PM
SouthFLFan79

this makes zero sense for florida. No thank you,let the kids play and grow.

SouthFLFan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 01:13 PM
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
TO FLA:

C Sam Gagner
RW Ales Hemsky (50%retained)

TO EDM:

C Nick Bjugstad
RW Scottie Upshall
C Marcel Goc

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Perron-Bjugstad-Yakupov
Morrow/Cleary/Prospal-Gordon-Upshall
Joensuu-Goc-Jones
Brown Smyth

Smid-Petry
Ference-J. Schultz
N. Schultz-Belov
Potter
I'm not even going to comment on the value. Bjugstad has played 11 NHL games, with 1 point. While I think he has potential, he's a year or two off from being your #2 center.

07-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Sports24-7

Quote:
You are right... better the Bjugstad who has never scored 50 points in his... or the Barkov who has never scored 50... or Huberdeau... or Matthias who has never had 30...
You can't honestly be making that argument can you? Gagner has played 5 seasons. By that logic you could take any player who's ever scored points and say "better him than MacKinnon who's never scored 50".

Sports24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 04:25 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports24-7 View Post
You can't honestly be making that argument can you? Gagner has played 5 seasons. By that logic you could take any player who's ever scored points and say "better him than MacKinnon who's never scored 50".
That is my point exactly... apparently Gagner is stuck forever at his current level of play... even though he improved his PPG this year by leaps and bounds... so if a 23 year old cannot get better... then Bjugstad will forever score at a 1 goal in 11 games pace... and Barkov will forever be an unproven commodity

SchultzSquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 04:59 PM
gudzilla

Quote:
That is my point exactly... apparently Gagner is stuck forever at his current level of play... even though he improved his PPG this year by leaps and bounds... so if a 23 year old cannot get better... then Bjugstad will forever score at a 1 goal in 11 games pace... and Barkov will forever be an unproven commodity
just tell me

if the florida prospects are so bad, why do you want bjugstad?

gudzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2013, 05:34 PM
SchultzSquared

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
just tell me

if the florida prospects are so bad, why do you want bjugstad?
If Gagner is unable to develop further... why can the Panthers prospects? Or any for that matter???

SchultzSquared is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 04:48 AM
gudzilla

Quote:
If Gagner is unable to develop further... why can the Panthers prospects? Or any for that matter???
gagners situation with the money and term isn't attractive for florida

you trash talk all florida prospects while claiming gagner is at another level than any of them, then why are you asking for him?

please, don't defend your own prospects/players by trashtalking the prospects/players you want yourself, it's just ridicilous

gudzilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2013, 08:46 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida pwnthers View Post
gagners situation with the money and term isn't attractive for florida

you trash talk all florida prospects while claiming gagner is at another level than any of them, then why are you asking for him?

please, don't defend your own prospects/players by trashtalking the prospects/players you want yourself, it's just ridicilous
That's the main reason why we don't want him.

He would be our #1 center, easily.

However, with our main owner in a money bind(divorce), this team needs to be as cheap as possible.

So, keeping guys like Bjugstad* and Goc are critical for this team to ice a cheap lineup.

Bjugstad has value in: his contract, ability to possibly be a top 6 center, and there are not too many centers with his size/talent.

*Neglecting his potential.

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote